2020 Runningback Rankings | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 Runningback Rankings

I saw Cam Akers as a potential steal since he did not show what he can do behind FSU's terrible OL.

But his combine probably changes that.

I am not drafting a RB in the first 3 rounds just on general principles and I don't see one in this Draft that would change my mind.

IF RB is the best value at any of their picks( r 1-3) I hope they can trade down with a team that overvalues the position.
I think #56 is great spot for a kid like Akers.

I really like Dobbins and would be more than willing to take him at 39, if he is gone Taylor or Akers will do just fine. We need a running game to take some of the pressure off our QB, he has to have size and smarts to pick up blitz's. Dobbins ability to fake out deep secondary defenders while at full speed makes him special to me and a threat to score.

45-90 you may have very good value but it is hit and miss there to.
I think Miami should sign one cheap in free agency and draft one pretty high.

I would actually like to see Frank Gore come back for one more season. His work ethic and experience will only help a young back.

Swift is my favorite this year, but Taylor, Dobbins, Dillon and a few others would work.

Give me 2 of the top 7 in the first 4 rounds. Figure out which 2 compliment each other the best.

The thought of 1 of Akers/Edwards-Helaire (56) and AJ Dillon (70) makes me intrigued

I love Taylor and Dobbins but do not get the love with Swift. He has light tread on the tires though and that should count for something. His highlights are very pedestrian to me.

A poster I think it may have been Ejay, noted one time how unlucky Jonathan Taylor seemed to be with fumbling because none of 'em were ever recovered by his own team. However, if you watch the film - his fumbling issued are always at the end of runs where he's finishing and still upright after the first tackler couldn't bring him down - all the help arrives and starts trying to strip the ball because he doesn't have it high and tight. So there's always 3 or 4 defenders around when he fumbles which is why it's usually always recovered by the defense.

It wasn’t me. It was @Brumdog45 https://finheaven.com/threads/slimms-2020-runningbacks-underclassman.354650/page-3#post-8105074

Regardless, I do like Taylor, though. But also concerned over the ball security issues. But as Tiki Barber proved, it can be corrected.

Out of the top RB prospects, I‘m least impressed by Swift.

Last edited:
The thing about this draft class is you get to one back and you say he looks good here, but the back next on your list can be had with a later pick and isn't that far off talent wise. Then you get to that next back and you say the same thing about the back that's on your list after him. Swift - Taylor - Dobbins - Aikens - Perine - Kelley -Dillon and so on and so on.

The thing about this draft class is you get to one back and you say he looks good here, but the back next on your list can be had with a later pick and isn't that far off talent wise. Then you get to that next back and you say the same thing about the back that's on your list after him. Swift - Taylor - Dobbins - Aikens - Perine - Kelley -Dillon and so on and so on.

Exactly - and that's why it's very difficult to stack these running backs vertically. Also why it's usually a good idea to just see how the board falls to you and start looking at RB with picks 45-90. You're better off just letting the draft come to you here.

I'm pulling for DJ Dallas...The U.

Pass pro...was fast until this season when he started to go between the tackles a bit more.

I am steadfastly against drafting any of these backs in the 1st 3 rounds.

You might be able to convince me to use #70 on a back but Miami has needs at harder to find positions that they have to address before running back.

I keep seeing mock drafts that have Miami taking Swift or Dobbins at #26 and it infuriates me.

Please concentrate on the LOS and QB. Secondary after that. "Skill" positions can wait.

I keep seeing mock drafts that have Miami taking Swift or Dobbins at #26 and it infuriates me.

Yeah, I‘m sorta in the same boat. #26 is a tad too high IMO.

I would be ok with a RB at #39, but I know many wouldn’t even be ok with one there. More likely @ 56 or 70.

Everyone can have a different ranking for the top of this class. I'm not a Swift fan, saw too many things I didn't like from him late in the season at Georgia. That doesn't mean you're wrong in having him #1, you could definitely make a convincing case. Personally I'm back and forth between Dobbins and Taylor, at the end of the day though if we are using a 1st - 3rd round pick on a RB, any of those 3 plus CHE and Akers are going to be good picks in my view, although I'm not picking RB in the 1st because of the depth of the class.

Kelley had, I thought, a disappointing combine, while Perine (Gator bias here) really stood out, I would probably flip those two if this were my list.

I am steadfastly against drafting any of these backs in the 1st 3 rounds.

You might be able to convince me to use #70 on a back but Miami has needs at harder to find positions that they have to address before running back.

Please concentrate on the LOS and QB. Secondary after that. "Skill" positions can wait.

I can ALMOST agree with this. There are so many to pick from there will be a quality player that falls late. AJ Dillon late looks great to me, but i’d probably want to pair him with a shifty back. Near 250#, runs a 4.53, and productive throughout his career.

I wouldn’t turn my nose up at Taylor in round 3, but I doubt he lasts that long. Swift, Dobbins, Akers after round 3 only for me.

Exactly - and that's why it's very difficult to stack these running backs vertically. Also why it's usually a good idea to just see how the board falls to you and start looking at RB with picks 45-90. You're better off just letting the draft come to you here.

Easiest position to let come to you, Henry with all his accolades was a mid 2nd round pick. Kamara was a 3rd rounder. Breida was UDFA, Damien Williams was what a 7th rounder. Mostert was UDFA, James Conner was a 3rd. This is a position where you can find a very productive guy later on.

This is the most rinse and repeat position, get a guy ride him hard for 4 years then say good luck go get paid and then draft another guy.

I'm a fan of Dillon, taking him at 56 would be a nice pick. Put up nearly identical numbers as Henry in 2016 at the combine. After watching the impact Henry made for the Titans last year Dillon will be climbing up the boards.

I’d love to trade into the 4th to nab Dillon if he lasts that long

You know after the initial top rb’s are gone someone is going to take Dillon right after hoping for D Henry 2.0

Back
Top Bottom