2021 Mock Drafts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2021 Mock Drafts

Travis34

chea
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Yes, far, far too early for these, but seen them around, so I figured might as well post them.. Not much else going on to talk about. I'd be STOKED to get Chase and then another OL. Got to research some of these dudes that I'm not familiar with. The other draft with Rosseu and Holland wouldnt be terrible either. But prefer the offensive version

Looking at these mocks it becomes more understandable why Miami didn't draft a wide receiver in 2020. Another great year at the position. This could be the draft where the team goes more heavily on skill position players.

For a draft that seems loaded at the skill positions like WR, TE and to a lesser degree RB, I keep seeing 2021 mock drafts with Miami selecting Defensive Players. Odd if you think about it. You don't draft a Franchise QB and leave him with older skill position players, who are more susceptible to break down. Wilson, Grant and Parker are a good group, but seem likely to miss games. I'd think you'd want younger players manning the skills on offense. I'd be disappointed if Miami didn't take advantage of the WR or TE group in 2021. But RT may turn out to be the biggest position need, if no one steps up?

Yes, far, far too early for these, but seen them around, so I figured might as well post them.. Not much else going on to talk about. I'd be STOKED to get Chase and then another OL. Got to research some of these dudes that I'm not familiar with. The other draft with Rosseu and Holland wouldnt be terrible either. But prefer the offensive version

I like the 1st mock a lot more than the 2nd one.

I really would like MIA to land Penei Sewell. But short of that, I really love Ja‘Marr Chase and Devonta Smith as playmakers and touchdown makers. Micah Parsons is another guy I’m intrigued with.

I got Malik Herring as a top 100 guy, probably a third rounder. He will be a better pro than Fromm.

For a draft that seems loaded at the skill positions like WR, TE and to a lesser degree RB, I keep seeing 2021 mock drafts with Miami selecting Defensive Players. Odd if you think about it. You don't draft a Franchise QB and leave him with older skill position players, who are more susceptible to break down. Wilson, Grant and Parker are a good group, but seem likely to miss games. I'd think you'd want younger players manning the skills on offense. I'd be disappointed if Miami didn't take advantage of the WR or TE group in 2021. But RT may turn out to be the biggest position need, if no one steps up?
Agree. I also think it's not a great draft for defensive players. Although, obviously a lot can change.

I do hope Miami uses one of its first rounders on a wide receiver.

I like the 1st mock a lot more than the 2nd one.

I really would like MIA to land Penei Sewell. But short of that, I really love Ja‘Marr Chase and Devonta Smith as playmakers and touchdown makers. Micah Parsons is another guy I’m intrigued with.
I don't think Miami will pick top 10 this year, but if they do you've identified some likely targets.

It would be hard to consider Chase over Rousseau right now. Good thing they are each playing another season. I’m hoping there are quite a few blue chippers next year along with a log jam of QBs like 2018.

If we’re picking that early, DE has be the first look. Maybe the LT from Oregon. Dude is a monster truck.

If next years draft fell this way I’d be blowing up phones trying to secure Rondale Moore, assuming he declared. I doubt he lasts to the second round. Parker, Williams, Moore would be scary.

Creed Humphrey, barring a good season from Karas, will be on our radar.

I think we are all pulling for Houston to fall apart this year. In a perfect world we land at least one high pick that can be traded for someone to grab a QB.

Jacksonville is going to do something foolish and go 5-11 with Minshew. Maybe they come to their senses and pull a Miami like fire sale right before the season.

Regardless of what happens next year, I’m hoping they view that draft as a chance to keep the cabinet stocked with future draft picks.

I would live to pick Patrick Surtain II with one of our first rounders and then go TE with the other one. So what I would do is take Surtain II who is my favorite prospect in this entire draft class, and then I would trade away Jones or Howard who will both still be in their 20s who we could still get some good value for, and have for 2022 have Howard or Jones starting alongside Surtain II. I know so many things could change between now and then, but right now this is what I would love to do. For TE I love Gesecki but I don’t view him as a true or Traditional TE, so I think we should go with a TE that can block a little bit better than Gesecki, then we could use Gesecki out of the slot even more. I love our WR situation right now as long as everybody stays healthy (which probably won’t happen) so I think we should either take a starting caliber WR in FA or we could take one around the 3rd round.

It would be hard to consider Chase over Rousseau right now.

Not hard for me. At all. Give me the dude that’s likely gonna score a helluva lot of TD’s during his career in what has become an extreme offensive friendly league.

I would live to pick Patrick Surtain II with one of our first rounders and then go TE with the other one.

Cue the ’not another CB’ crowd. Lol.

I wouldn’t be opposed to someone like Surtain, if he was the clear cut BPA when the Dolphins are on the clock. However if there was also an equally or more talented WR or stud OT, I’m going that direction first.

Cue the ’not another CB’ crowd. Lol.

I wouldn’t be opposed to someone like Surtain, if he was the clear cut BPA when the Dolphins are on the clock. However if there was also an equally or more talented WR or stud OT, I’m going that direction first.
[/QUOTE]
Agreed, I think part of the love for Surtain comes from the name and how great his father was in Miami. If he was Patrick Smith, I doubt we would see as many people calling to draft him.

Back
Top Bottom