2021 Mock Drafts | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2021 Mock Drafts

It would be hard to consider Chase over Rousseau right now. Good thing they are each playing another season. I’m hoping there are quite a few blue chippers next year along with a log jam of QBs like 2018.

If we’re picking that early, DE has be the first look. Maybe the LT from Oregon. Dude is a monster truck.

If next years draft fell this way I’d be blowing up phones trying to secure Rondale Moore, assuming he declared. I doubt he lasts to the second round. Parker, Williams, Moore would be scary.

Creed Humphrey, barring a good season from Karas, will be on our radar.

I think we are all pulling for Houston to fall apart this year. In a perfect world we land at least one high pick that can be traded for someone to grab a QB.

Jacksonville is going to do something foolish and go 5-11 with Minshew. Maybe they come to their senses and pull a Miami like fire sale right before the season.

Regardless of what happens next year, I’m hoping they view that draft as a chance to keep the cabinet stocked with future draft picks.
Yeah if I’m picking between G Rosseau and P. Sewell that’s a tough one for me. Both are athletic freaks I just don’t know which route I would go.. but wouldn’t it be amazing to get both?

Yeah if I’m picking between G Rosseau and P. Sewell that’s a tough one for me. Both are athletic freaks I just don’t know which route I would go.. but wouldn’t it be amazing to get both?

Ya I would LOVE to get both and I suspect both would heavy targets for us. A little wishful thinking, I’d be happy landing just one and still having another first as there is a center from Oklahoma that makes a lot of sense for us too.

I don’t want to “tank” for a DE or LT but I’d really like to possess at least 1 tradeable top pick. Moving from 2 to 3 would be ideal for this franchise so no one should hold it against me when I legitimately say I don’t want Fitzpatrick to have much success this year.

I’d take 3-4 wins with RF and JR playing most of the season.

I’m on board with putting Tua on the shelf for the entire year, or at the least the first 12 games of the season.

Sewell is going to go go in the Top 3, perhaps as high as #2 depending on the QB needs of the top 2 teams picking.

Sewell would be my pick over anyone in the next Draft.He is the best OT prospect in more than a decade. We are talking a HOF type player here.

Now if Rousseau starts looking like Chase Young that call would be tougher to make.

I don't see Miami being bad enough to get near Sewell and Rousseau may well be the #1 pass rusher in the Draft so he may be out of range as well.

Micah Parsons is another favorite of mine and he should go very high as well.

It’s hard to tell where we will finish this year.

While I love the overall talent and direction of this young team, it is still a very young team. I’m guessing historically young if not Fitzpatrick.

Given that this season will be different than any other in terms of preparation and training, it’s not far fetched to believe we only win 3-4 games.

Despite the nostalgia from some over the last half of the 2019 season, Ryan Fitzpatrick is not a good NFL QB. He’s actually terrible. And it doesn’t bother me one bit. Last year I didn’t want him playing at all because watching him throw is excruciating.

This year however, sign me up for 16 bad starts and a competitive young roster around him. I’m not playing Tua for anything in 2020. Im trying to put Sewell on the field with Tua in 2021.

It’s hard to tell where we will finish this year.

While I love the overall talent and direction of this young team, it is still a very young team. I’m guessing historically young if not Fitzpatrick.

Given that this season will be different than any other in terms of preparation and training, it’s not far fetched to believe we only win 3-4 games.

Despite the nostalgia from some over the last half of the 2019 season, Ryan Fitzpatrick is not a good NFL QB. He’s actually terrible. And it doesn’t bother me one bit. Last year I didn’t want him playing at all because watching him throw is excruciating.

This year however, sign me up for 16 bad starts and a competitive young roster around him. I’m not playing Tua for anything in 2020. Im trying to put Sewell on the field with Tua in 2021.
Fitzpatrick is a hot and cold player, when he's good he's really good, but when he's bad, he's absolutely and ridiculously **** worthy. Like you said, if he's bad you wouldn't care, I feel the same way. The worse he is the better it is for Miami's chances at a player like Sewell

BNF don't getz the disrespect for fitz!

Dude played balls to walls last season

under constant incoming assault pro

tected by sloths while attacked by rhinos!

If the fitz getz significantly better pass pro

tection + run game you cannot discount the

mojo of the BEARD!

You herd it hear!

:woot:

He’s a bottom 5 QB.

That’s what I need him to be this year. Then I need Josh Rosen to be even worse if/when he’s replaced.

Sewell/Humphrey 21’. Sounds like a presidential ticket.

I’m not messing around anymore. I’m trying to win 3-4 Superbowls in a row so one dares to bring up New England in my presence.

They haven’t even played a single game yet. This post is a lost cause.

I think we should get a real look at Rosen this year.

Fitz will break down or flame out and Tua won't be physically ready.

He’s a bottom 5 QB.

That’s what I need him to be this year. Then I need Josh Rosen to be even worse if/when he’s replaced.

Sewell/Humphrey 21’. Sounds like a presidential ticket.

I’m not messing around anymore. I’m trying to win 3-4 Superbowls in a row so one dares to bring up New England in my presence.
If we only win 3 games this season then we are very far away from competing because Fitz is capable enough to win more than that with a decent roster. I dont like him as our starter and even a bunch of his big plays were terrible passes, but he's just a tough gritty SOB that will win you some games.

If we only win 3 games this season then we are very far away from competing because Fitz is capable enough to win more than that with a decent roster. I dont like him as our starter and even a bunch of his big plays were terrible passes, but he's just a tough gritty SOB that will win you some games.

He doesn’t win any games last year if DVP didn’t play half of a season at a hall of dame level.

Of the 5 wins we had last year, a lot of that had to do with teams taking us lately. If the Eagles, Bears or Patriots thought they would’ve stood any chance of losing to us last year, they wouldn’t of.

That’s not going to happen again. And this years team is going to be even younger than last years, without nearly the amount of prep time.

Ryan Fitzpatrick isn’t worth 6 or 7 wins. Maybe 2-3.

This is still the same team that should’ve lost to the Bengals last year, had the Bengals wanted to win that game.

It would be ridiculously awesome. It’s not impossible but not likely. There are ways it could happen though; We end up with the No.1 or No.2 pick and can trade down to 3, acquiring enough trade ammo to trade up with Houston’s first.

Right now I’d say Sewell is the betting favorite to be the first non QB selected. Justin Fields needs to have a monster season and I am not saying that as the huge Ohio State fan that I am. I am saying that as a significantly bigger Dolphins fan who wants to be in a position to help some other team acquire him at No.2, preferably with someone picking third.

Really the only other way it happens is if Deshaun Watson gets hurt. I like the kid too much to want to see that happen.

It’s fun to think about getting top talents but at the end of the day this team has added a lot of talent in one off season. It’s not to totally out of the realm of possibility we sniff a wild card. I wouldn’t bet on that though. I expect a night and day difference between the bare bones roster of last year and the team that’s been created now.

If I had to put money on where our two first will likely end up I’d say:

7th (our pick), 6-10 record.
19th (Houston’s pick), 9-7 record.

Can’t wait. I‘ve always dreamt of having the draft ammo we’ve recently possessed. I hope that continues. I’m trying my best to continue acquiring first round picks.

Edit: Damn now I’m in draft mode. Couldn’t resist doing a simulation on PFN.

MIA 5. Penei Sewell OT Oregon
MIA 14. Creed Humphrey OC Oklahoma
MIA 37. Devonta Smith WR Alabama
MIA 46. Chuba Hubbard RB Oklahoma State
MIA 69. Lorenzo Neal DT Purdue
MIA 101. Baron Browning LB Ohio State
MIA 133.Shaun Jolly CB Appalachian State
MIA 184. Jahan Dotson WR Penn State
MIA 185. Talanoa Hufanaga S USC
MIA 205. Asante Samuel CB Florida State

Didn’t get the DE I wanted but the rest of the team is stacked. Tua would be a happy man if those first 4 picks came true. Wouldn’t be fair to the rest of the league.

Last edited:
LMAO. I did another simulation with a crazy amount of trade downs. The board just didn’t fall my way 5 so I started trading down. Then I made trades with LV, ATL, CHI, INDY and PITT thinking they’d take Justin Fields. They kept passing so eventually I just said F it and took the third overall ranked player on the board.

But the trade downs are the best part. I acquired 4 second round picks, 7 third round picks and 3 fourth picks just trading down and using 5th, 6ths and 7th this year and next to make the deals happen.

13. Creed Humphrey OC Oklahoma
25. Justin Fields QB Ohio State
37. Chuba Hubbard RB Oklahoma State
57. Amon-Ra St. Brown WR USC
MIA 69. Richard LeCounte S Georgia
MIA 72. Dimitri Moore LB Vanderbilt
MIA 73. Lorenzo Neal DT Purdue
MIA 101. Tarron Jackson EDGE Coastal Carolina
MIA 121. Big Kat Bryant EDGE Auburn

2022 DET 2nd
2022 MIN 2nd
2022 IND 2nd
2022 PIT 2nd
2022 ARI 3rd
2022 LV 3rd
2022 LAC 3rd
2022 DEN 3rd
2022 ATL 3rd
2022 CHI 3rd
2022 TB 3rd
2022 LAC 4th
2022 DEN 4th
2022 ATL 4th

Last edited:
It would be ridiculously awesome. It’s not impossible but not likely. There are ways it could happen though; We end up with the No.1 or No.2 pick and can trade down to 3, acquiring enough trade ammo to trade up with Houston’s first.

Right now I’d say Sewell is the betting favorite to be the first non QB selected. Justin Fields needs to have a monster season and I am not saying that as the huge Ohio State fan that I am. I am saying that as a significantly bigger Dolphins fan who wants to be in a position to help some other team acquire him at No.2, preferably with someone picking third.

Really the only other way it happens is if Deshaun Watson gets hurt. I like the kid too much to want to see that happen.

It’s fun to think about getting top talents but at the end of the day this team has added a lot of talent in one off season. It’s not to totally out of the realm of possibility we sniff a wild card. I wouldn’t bet on that though. I expect a night and day difference between the bare bones roster of last year and the team that’s been created now.

If I had to put money on where our two first will likely end up I’d say:

7th (our pick), 6-10 record.
19th (Houston’s pick), 9-7 record.

Can’t wait. I‘ve always dreamt of having the draft ammo we’ve recently possessed. I hope that continues. I’m trying my best to continue acquiring first round picks.

Edit: Damn now I’m in draft mode. Couldn’t resist doing a simulation on PFN.

MIA 5. Penei Sewell OT Oregon
MIA 14. Creed Humphrey OC Oklahoma
MIA 37. Devonta Smith WR Alabama
MIA 46. Chuba Hubbard RB Oklahoma State
MIA 69. Lorenzo Neal DT Purdue
MIA 101. Baron Browning LB Ohio State
MIA 133.Shaun Jolly CB Appalachian State
MIA 184. Jahan Dotson WR Penn State
MIA 185. Talanoa Hufanaga S USC
MIA 205. Asante Samuel CB Florida State

Didn’t get the DE I wanted but the rest of the team is stacked. Tua would be a happy man if those first 4 picks came true. Wouldn’t be fair to the rest of the league.

Agree with most everything, except HOU’s record. I don‘t believe they’ll win close to 9 games. They were extremely lucky to win 10 last year, winning 6 or 7 they easily could have and in some cases should have lost.

And they got worse. Arguably one of the worst offseasons of any team. A couple pundits even ranked them dead last.

Regarding your simulation, if MIA ended up with first 3 players, I’d do cartwheels. That would be freaking fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom