2021 Mock Drafts | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2021 Mock Drafts

I'm not prioritizing positions to fills gaps.

I'm always looking for elite talent and value. This team is full of holes, so outside of QB and maybe CB, help is needed.

I wait to see who's on the board when the pick is on the clock and have a plan of what you want to do from a scheme/franchise identity perspective.

How it should be.

I have always been a BPA within reason guy.

And the Fins have more than enough needs that they should have no problem in that area.There are few positions where they could not stand to add talent.QB and CB would be the only spots where you don't need to add anyone(I am talking 1st or 2nd rounders).

Once you build a strong roster it is easier to target specific positions of need although reaching for need is still not a good way to draft.

When we have a better feel for where Miami will be picking, and who the best talent on the board could be, then we can really talk about draft strategy.

I have always been a BPA within reason guy.

And the Fins have more than enough needs that they should have no problem in that area.There are few positions where they could not stand to add talent.QB and CB would be the only spots where you don't need to add anyone(I am talking 1st or 2nd rounders).

Once you build a strong roster it is easier to target specific positions of need although reaching for need is still not a good way to draft.

When we have a better feel for where Miami will be picking, and who the best talent on the board could be, then we can really talk about draft strategy.
No doubt. I do like that Miami targeted premium positions in the 2020 draft - quarterback, left tackle and cornerback.

When need matches BPA that is obviously what you hope for. Too often the Dolphins have prioritized need over talent.

As long as it’s a safety, linebacker, and WR for their 1st 3 picks in no particular order I’ll be happy.

Yeah, it's way too early for mock drafts, but they're still fun.

I decided to do a 3 round draft. I traded back once, just because Jacksonville offered both of their 1sts and a 4th or 5th for my 1st and 3rd, so they could grab Fields. Then I traded up to grab Harris. Bye, Howard. Finally, I traded the three late round picks to move back into the 3rd to grab Meyers.

I'm sure this isn't something Grier would do, but I'd be okay turning our 10 picks into these 6:

8 Micah Parsons
10 Ja'Marr Chase
25 Samuel Cosmi
36 Carlos Basham Jr
37 Najee Harris
92 Josh Meyers

I wanted Humphrey, but Denver took him at 9. I thought I'd be able to trade down from 10, grab him and an extra pick, but nope.

Edit: Actually, the Jax trade was 4, 74 and 190 for 8, 25 and 103. Maybe I got 199 too.

Last edited:
I just did a mock on PFF's simulator. It's 3 rounds only. Miami got the 1st and 2nd picks in the draft.

I traded the first to Denver for 4 and 36 and their next two firsts. I traded the second pick to Atlanta for 6 and 38 and their next two firsts.

1602193766180.png

You have to love the low grades for taking Sewell and Parsons.

Even better PFF mock. Took advantage of a couple teams for the first two picks:

1602195543296.png

The 2022 and 2023 drafts would be set up nicely.

Attachments

• 1602194411641.png
    1602194411641.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
1a Devonta Smith
1b Azeez Ojulari
2a Zaven Collins
2b Kenneth Gainwell
3 Cade Mays
4 Malik Herring

The rest is gravy.

1st (6) Ja'Marr Chase, WR, LSU
1st (22) Jevon Holland, S, oregon
1st (32) DeVonta Smith, WR Alabama
3rd (75) Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame
3rd (76) Hamilcar Rashed Jr. DE, Oregon State
4th (117) Baron Browning, LB, Ohio State
6th (190) Keaontay Ingram, RB, Texas
7th ( 214) Cole Van Lanen, T, Wisconsin
7th (220) Trey Hill, C, Georgia

Parsons was taken at #5 right before my nose so i went Chase. after DeVonta Smith continued falling i traded up from 2a (plus 84th) to Pittsburgh. Nick Bolton got snatched up before 2b so i traded down with Denver for 75 and 76.

Just watched some film on Zaven Collins. He is an edge guy, not an inside linebacker.

Back
Top Bottom