2022 Cap Space | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2022 Cap Space

And you did not take into the sure possibility of cap increase. No increase this year due to covid. When increase, it will be big.

Hello Rodgers, you like South Beach? Come on down.

For teams that did not draft a QB in first round this year, what team has cap room and draft capital to pull it off? I cant think of any.

I've read several places that the cap is projected to be just over 200 million.

If I'm not mistaken, the new contract money kicks in the following year. In any case, it will go up incrementally, not all in one year.

Ogbah, Gesicki and Baker, could get extensions, but it remains to be seen whether they actually do. With Tua still on his rookie deal, it might be easier for Miami to have the money needed to resign all of them. Baker imo showed his worth as a blitzer last season. I think with Mckinney in Miami, you could see more of Baker as a designated pass rusher. If he proves out, Miami just might tag him? Ogbah, might be the hardest of the Three to get a relatively long term deal, done with. If not, I think Miami lets him walk and takes the comp pick in return.

Gesicki and Smythe are pretty much out the door. I'm not sure Miami Values them? But stranger things have happened. I know there are teams, who'll value Gesicki for what he is.
I forgot about Ogbah. Hopefully the addition of Phillips, Ogbah will be able to have the impact he had in the first half of last season. Because his play seemed to regress over the second half of last season as opposing teams seemed better able to handle him.

I've read several places that the cap is projected to be just over 200 million.

If I'm not mistaken, the new contract money kicks in the following year. In any case, it will go up incrementally, not all in one year.
You are correct. The big TV money wont be realized next season. I've read 195M. I think they are pretty comfortable that it will fall btw 190 and 200. Personally in no way do I see it over 200M.

Gesicki, Baker, and Fuller are three projected starters this coming season who will all be free agents in 2022 if the Dolphin don’t resign them before the end of the season. If they choose to not resign these players, they will have to either sign free agents next year to replace them or hope they can replace them with players on the roster now or future draft picks in the 2022 draft.
It may come down to either keeping Gesicki or Fuller. Based on what receivers made this year in free agency, Fuller might be in the $15-18 million range.

Also, I hope the team can sign Ogbah.

I forgot about Ogbah. Hopefully the addition of Phillips, Ogbah will be able to have the impact he had in the first half of last season. Because his play seemed to regress over the second half of last season as opposing teams seemed better able to handle him.
I wonder if his least productive games were when Larson was injured.

Adding Phillips could be huge for Ogbah.

It may come down to either keeping Gesicki or Fuller. Based on what receivers made this year in free agency, Fuller might be in the $15-18 million range.

Also, I hope the team can sign Ogbah.
I would love for Fuller to be in that 18M range. That would mean he made a major, season long impact with league leading results.

I wonder if his least productive games were when Larson was injured.

Adding Phillips could be huge for Ogbah.
Ogbah has to be elated FloCo grabbed Phillips. It is going to benefit him greatly.

I would love for Fuller to be in that 18M range. That would mean he made a major, season long impact with league leading results.
No doubt. If all of these players have great years, Miami won't be able to keep everyone. That's just the nature of the NFL.

I would probably put Ogbah at the top of the list, if he's close to last year's production, or better.

Finding those quality edge players is challenging.

No doubt. If all of these players have great years, Miami won't be able to keep everyone. That's just the nature of the NFL.

I would probably put Ogbah at the top of the list, if he's close to last year's production, or better.

Finding those quality edge players is challenging.
I believe priority resigns will become evident throughout the season. Are we thinking: Og, Fuller and Sicki are the biggies. Any other contributing FAs next season?

I believe priority resigns will become evident throughout the season. Are we thinking: Og, Fuller and Sicki are the biggies. Any other contributing FAs next season?
Baker. I guess it will depend what the market bears. Teams will have more cap space.

Resign Baker...let Gesicki and Fuller (Skura & Coleman) go and get the comp picks.

Depending on their production relative to a nice contract. I can see us getting two 3rds and two 5ths. Let Grier play PFF Mock Draft with those picks.

Back
Top Bottom