4. Kellen Diesch / Arizona St. / 6’6”, 299

5. Bamidele Olaseni / Utah / 6’7”, 348

6. Cordell Volson / N. Dakota St. / 6'6”, 319

7. Logan Bruss / Wisconsin / 6'5", 310
{Experience at RG}

8. Devin Cochran / Georgia Tech / 6’6”, 308

9. Andrew Stueber / Michigan / 6’6”, 327
(Experience at RT & RG)

10. Max Mitchell / UL-Lafayette / 6’6”, 299 (Experience at both Tackle spots)

11. Braxton Jones / S. Utah / 6'5”, 306

12. Myron Cunningham / Arkansas / 6'5", 323

13. Cade Mays / Tennessee / 6'4", 321
{Experience at all 5 positions along OL}

14. Obinna Eze / TCU / 6'6”, 327

15. Daniel Faalele / Minnesota / 6'8”, 387

16. Kevin Jarvis / Michigan St. / 6'4", 307
{Experience at Guard & both tackle spots}

17. Vederian Lowe / Illinois / 6’4”, 320

18. Matt Waletzko / N. Dakota / 6’7”, 310

19. Jaylon Thomas / SMU / 6'4", 326

20. Austin Deculus / LSU / 6’5”, 325

21. Jack Snyder / San Jose St. / 6'4”, 313
(Experience at both tackle spots)

22. Nick Zakelj / Fordham / 6’5”, 316 (Experience at both tackle spots)

Guard:

1. Zion Johnson / Boston College / 6'3", 314 {Getting experience at LT in 2021}

2. Jamaree Salyer / Georgia / 6'2", 320 {Experience at both tackle spots, Guard & Center}

3. Josh Sills / Oklahoma St. / 6'5", 330 {Experience at LG, RG & both tackle spots}

4. Thayer Munford / Ohio St. / 6'6", 328 {Experience at Tackle}

5. Chris Paul / Tulsa / 6’3”, 324 (Experience at both Guard spots & RT)

6. Ben Brown / Ole Miss / 6'5", 312 {Experience at Center}

7. Ed Ingram / LSU / 6'3", 317

8. Marquis Hayes / Oklahoma / 6’4”, 318

9. William Dunkle / San Diego St. / 6’5”, 328

10. Connor Olson / Minnesota / 6'5", 305
{Experience at LG, RG & Center}

11. Xavier Newman-Johnson / Baylor / 6’1”, 303 (Experience at Center & both Guard spots)

12. Dylan Parham / Memphis / 6’2”, 313 (Experience at LG & RT)

13. Josh Rivas / Kansas St. / 6'5", 327

14. Cole Strange / Chattanooga / 6’4”, 304

15. Justin Shaffer / Georgia / 6'3”, 326

16. Lecitus Smith / Virginia Tech / 6’3”, 321

17. Chasen Hines / LSU / 6'3", 327
{Experience at Guard & Center}

18. Paul Grattan / UCLA / 6'3", 300 {Experience at Guard & Center}

19. Cain Madden / Notre Dame / 6’2", 316

Center:

1. Zach Tom / Wake Forest / 6’3”, 297 (Experience at LT & Center)

2. Alec Lindstrom / Boston College / 6'3", 294

3. James Empey / BYU / 6'4", 300

4. Luke Fortner / Kentucky / 6'4", 302
{Experience at RG}

5. Luke Wattenberg / Washington / 6’4”, 293 (Also experience at LG & LT)

6. Doug Kramer / Illinois / 6'2", 301

7. Brock Hoffman / Virginia Tech / 6’3”, 310
(Experience at both Guard spots & Center)

8. Derek Kerstetter / Texas / 6'5", 310 {Experience at every position on OL except LT}

9. Matt Allen / Michigan St. / 6'2", 311

10. Bryce Harris / Toledo / 6'3", 292

11. Gerard Wheeler / Tulsa / 6'3", 331

12. Baer Hunter / Appalachian St. / 6'1", 304

Last edited:
I'm curious about Daniel Faalele. I saw him one of CBS's mock drafts. His size kinda jumped out at me.

He seems similar IMO (per Wikipedia) to Jordan Mailata (Eagles).

Could he be dropped at ORT & have at least 1 position on the OL solidified for a few yrs?

Guys that size always cause me doubt. However, Faalele moves like he’s 6’5”, 315 when I watch him. Which causes me even more doubt. Because my eyes don’t want to believe what they’re seeing.

I watched him shut down one of my top grades edge rushers last week against Purdue. He dominated against George Karlaftis.

Guys that size always cause me doubt. However, Faalele moves like he’s 6’5”, 315 when I watch him. Which causes me even more doubt. Because my eyes don’t want to believe what they’re seeing.

I watched him shut down one of my top grades edge rushers last week against Purdue. He dominated against George Karlaftis.

Thnx

I was skeptical of Becton because of size.

What makes it worse is the Gophers aren't on much.

You got anything for LT Will Ulmer of Marshall?

I'm not going to pretend I've gone deep on him but there's something that caught my eye.

You got anything for LT Will Ulmer of Marshall?

I'm not going to pretend I've gone deep on him but there's something that caught my eye.

I have not studied him but good find. Nice feet. That’s the end of his Tackle qualities from my initial look.

Top heavy, built like an interior player. Aggressiveness of an interior player.

Feet and aggressiveness are probably what caught your eye. Work him up and let me know what you think.

I hate to admit it but I have to agree with the poster in between us.

Reckon it’s a damn good thing I’m retiring this year.

I'll work him up but what stood out aside from feet and aggressiveness was the punch, the wideness of his frame and ability to engulf with those big paws, the forward lean (almost a little off-balance like too far over his skis, but it works well) and ability to put power into it from the lower body. That's the impression off just a few plays.

I definitely see why y'all want to move him to guard though. His hands and upper body write checks that his feet can't cash.

So much of what appeals to be about offensive linemen is structural. That's how I attend Shrine practices, walk through the field during stretches and warm-ups, and can start picking out guys I've never seen before, but who I think will play in the league (e.g. Rodger Saffold, Sebastian Vollmer, Brandon Brooks, Marshall Newhouse, Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, Zach Fulton, John Miller, Mark Glowinski, Joe Thuney, Chase Roullier, Nick Allegretti, Jon Runyan).

I mention that because I think that's what initially appeals to me about Will Ulmer III. It's just a look, and a way that he plays the game, a way that he moves. Long body, short legs, big frame, stays very level while sliding his feet, straight back, low pads, knee-bender, an out-boxer (might be my favorite quality about him).

Seems impressively disciplined, to my eyes. He doesn't panic when he's watching for stunts. On the other hand there's no shortage of aggressiveness, something we talked about already. The interesting thing about that in particular is he seems to have really dialed up that aggression particularly in the last couple of games, North Texas and again this week vs. FIU.

In the end, let me roll the dice (late round or UDFA) on a guy who structures that way, even if he's got athletic limitations, and I'd like to see what the coaches can find for him. I might even work him at Center.

You're going to want to see him test if only because you will want to know whether his limitations are self-imposed or not. If a guy is more naturally athletic than he lets on, you can work with him on his footwork to make it more explosive and start showing better lateral range. It will be good to get a look at him against Western Kentucky later this year.

He is a 6th year senior, having redshirted in 2016 and then he took advantage of the extra redshirt for COVID. So he's 23 years old and will be 24 at the end of the year. There's a good and bad to that. He was forced into duty as a redshirt freshman all the way back in 2017 and has been starting at left tackle ever since. But he's older and more experienced than other guys he's facing, so people will bring out the ceiling arguments.

Incidentally he's a country guitarist/singer/songwriter who was appearing under the stage name "Lucky Bill" until the NCAA started allowing players to profit off their name and likeness, so now he just goes under his real name Will Ulmer, III.

He is a 6th year senior, having redshirted in 2016 and then he took advantage of the extra redshirt for COVID. So he's 23 years old and will be 24 at the end of the year. But he's older and more experienced than other guys he's facing, so people will bring out the ceiling arguments.

Yes there's quite a bit of that this year due to the extra year given by the NCAA to everybody. It has totally exacerbated the Senior crop of prospects and made a mess of it. Nearly doubling the amount of Seniors.

I will take a closer look at him because I think he's a nice find off my initial look.

Like I said, this is my last year placing it on this site so tell me where you want him and I'll stick him in there.

I will be focusing on 3.97 weight to height ratios at 6-5 to 6-8 with experience at tackle for tackles. IOther than Faelele who is just a beast.)
So:
6-5, 306
6-6, 310
6-7, 314
6-8, 318

Tackles Im interested in:
13. Devin Cochran / Georgia Tech / 6’7”, 314 (Draftable 40: 5.11; 1st rd 40: 4.91)
19. Tyler Beach / Wisconsin / 6'6", 309 (Draftable 40: 5.08; 1st rd 40: 4.88)
20. Cordell Volson / N. Dakota St. / 6'7", 313 (Draftable 40: 5.11; 1st rd 40: 4.91)
2. Thayer Munford / Ohio St. / 6'6", 310 {Experience at Tackle} (Draftable 40: 5.08; 1st rd 40: 4.88)

Back
Top Bottom