2022 Offensive Line (Seniors) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2022 Offensive Line (Seniors)

I just want strictly a Tackle and a Center. We have enough options at guard to let them fight it out for playing time.

I just want strictly a Tackle and a Center. We have enough options at guard to let them fight it out for playing time.
We could have taken Sewell or Slater in the first, Dickerson or Humphrey in the second.:P89:DTD:

We could have taken Sewell or Slater in the first, Dickerson or Humphrey in the second.:P89:DTD:

I was pretty adament about Sewell if I remember correctly. I usually am the take a DT or OT in the first round guy.

Max Mitchell is an interesting one RT #74. Maybe not as a day one starter, it might depend how much weight he can add to his frame. But nice feet for sure.

I'm curious about Daniel Faalele. I saw him one of CBS's mock drafts. His size kinda jumped out at me.

He seems similar IMO (per Wikipedia) to Jordan Mailata (Eagles).

Could he be dropped at ORT & have at least 1 position on the OL solidified for a few yrs?
I've also been intrigued with Faalele. He is quickly becoming a favorite for me that could be had a little later.

Yes there's quite a bit of that this year due to the extra year given by the NCAA to everybody. It has totally exacerbated the Senior crop of prospects and made a mess of it. Nearly doubling the amount of Seniors.

I will take a closer look at him because I think he's a nice find off my initial look.

Like I said, this is my last year placing it on this site so tell me where you want him and I'll stick him in there.

No more rankings from here on out? Just tired and ready to move on, or putting the efforts elsewhere?

18. Devin Cochran / Georgia Tech / 6’7”, 314 #77 Left Tackle

Day 3? Love it!
Also check out Marques Cox for UDFA or day 3, #63 LT for Northern Illinois.

Jarrett Horst, #79 LT, Senior, Michigan State, 6-6 305
Another day 3 UDFA, love it.

Daniel Faalele has played what was likely the best two games I've ever seen him play the past 2 games against W. Virginia & Wisconsin. They even lined him up at fullback and gave him a carry for a touchdown last night. It was reminiscent of The Fridge getting a TD carry against the Patriots in the Superbowl some nearly 40 year ago now.

I'd start looking at him at the end of round 2 or early round 3 to come in and try to solidify the RT position.

From what I've seen - I'm not sure what's more critical for Miami at this point: Solidify the RT position, or cut Jesse Davis. They're both of utmost importance.

If Miami is still too stupid to know this, then it doesn't matter anyway.

Daniel Faalele has played what was likely the best two games I've ever seen him play the past 2 games against W. Virginia & Wisconsin. They even lined him up at fullback and gave him a carry for a touchdown last night. It was reminiscent of The Fridge getting a TD carry against the Patriots in the Superbowl some nearly 40 year ago now.

I'd start looking at him at the end of round 2 or early round 3 to come in and try to solidify the RT position.

From what I've seen - I'm not sure what's more critical for Miami at this point: Solidify the RT position, or cut Jesse Davis. They're both of utmost importance.

If Miami is still too stupid to know this, then it doesn't matter anyway.
Do you think Kinnard could be a realistic get for us?

Do you think Kinnard could be a realistic get for us?

Absolutely. I think every offensive lineman in the draft outside of Evan Neal and possibly Charles Cross are realistic for Miami to get.

On Day 1 I'd probably be looking to address the WR position with elite dependable talent.

Day 2 I'd be looking to address RB and solidify the RT position at minimum.

Day 3 keep plucking guys that can contribute at a variety of positions, add depth, and facilitate competition.

The dilemma for Miami is two fold in my opinion. First, both offensive tackle positions have to get fixed - it's priority #1. And as much as Miami desperately needs to go the route of adding quality veteran players to fix the offensive line, I'm not sure that the draft won't actually provide better options at OT than free agency does. Particularly at right tackle. There's about half a dozen RT's in this class that I'd be confident starting as rookies over Jesse Davis at RT without even seeing them play a snap in the NFL yet.

I'm not privy to exactly what all OT's are going to be available in free agency, but if Miami can't land the top guy there, it just seems to me that it'll be a situation where they pay a bunch of money to "bodies" just like they keep doing with Jesse Davis just to be able to say they threw money at it.

The other option they have to consider is trading draft picks or players to ensure they address the OT position accurately and thoroughly.

Most of all, you have to figure out a way to get someone that can coach the offensive line.

Bottom line is, it's absolutely crucial that you execute accurately and thoroughly here to address the offensive line from coaching to players. If you don't, the rest again doesn't matter.

Faalele looked explosive on the 2-yard TD run, that was a lot of fun to see and guys supporting him. I did not see great lateral quickness in blocking and that concerns me. But maybe that's why he is not projected as round 1 pick.

One other thing - I wouldn't pay Mike Gesicki a penny over $8 million. Absolutely not. No chance.

Iirc Gesicki has only broken 50 yards twice during Miami's win streak. I've thought that franchising him then letting him walk in 2023 is the play, but I think I'd rather see Miami just roll with the other TE's, who defenses treat as TE's, because they can block a little.

If Miami addresses OL in FA, which would be ideal given their inability to draft/develop OT's, I'd go WR/Breece Hall or WR/WR to start the draft. I think one of Burks, Wilson, Williams, London, and Bell will be there in the 1st, and I could see Bell being there in the 2nd. If he's not, I think you have a solid shot at someone like Olave, who has some limitations but would should be a quality player and a fit.

I do like Kennard a good deal. Was watching his game vs UGA the other day, and his power looks effortless. I just don't trust Miami to draft him over some random player who I'd ultimately better suited to play OG.

Back
Top Bottom