2022 Quarterbacks (Seniors) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2022 Quarterbacks (Seniors)

I like Bailey Zappe and Kenny Pickett

Could you imagine one year ago Tyson Helton's Western Kentucky Hilltoppers had an anemic offense that scored 19.0 points per game, so they go out and import the Offensive Coordinator, Quarterback, and Wide Receiver from HOUSTON BAPTIST...and now they've more than doubled their output to 40.0 points per game and have one of the most exciting offenses in college football.

Talk about a plan coming together. I remember when I was watching Bailey Zappe's work in 2020 for Houston Baptist, thinking this is a bit like watching Dino Babers and Jimmy Garoppolo where I know this is a good quarterback that I'm looking at but it also looks like a coach whose star is on the rise.

Zack Kittley coached up Patrick Mahomes in college. Curious where he lands next. He will get a bump up, somewhere.

Could you imagine one year ago Tyson Helton's Western Kentucky Hilltoppers had an anemic offense that scored 19.0 points per game, so they go out and import the Offensive Coordinator, Quarterback, and Wide Receiver from HOUSTON BAPTIST...and now they've more than doubled their output to 40.0 points per game and have one of the most exciting offenses in college football.

Talk about a plan coming together. I remember when I was watching Bailey Zappe's work in 2020 for Houston Baptist, thinking this is a bit like watching Dino Babers and Jimmy Garoppolo where I know this is a good quarterback that I'm looking at but it also looks like a coach whose star is on the rise.

Zack Kittley coached up Patrick Mahomes in college. Curious where he lands next. He will get a bump up, somewhere.

Kittley will be calling plays at a power 5 school next year.

With the success Kingsbury is having in the NFL, i wouldn't be surprised if he's calling plays in the NFL next year.

It's been a complete transformation - and they've done it without their best weapon and one of the top Underclassman TE's in the country, Joshua Simon. He got hurt in the season opener and was lost for the season.

The little Jerreth Sterns kid at WR is playing a video game every Saturday. It's like the opposing defense doesn't know where he is. Excellent job by WKU.

Kenny Pickett has the Joe Burrow/Mac Jones look to him. He shares a lot of their traits. Moreso with Burrow than Jones in terms of his mechanics and body language - being a 5th year Senior and a 24 year old rookie. Jones was a 1 year starter and an underclassman.

He’s also had the same tightrope procedure on his ankle that Tua had. He came back from it and played one day sooner (26) than Tua did (27).

He’s the most improved player in the country from last year - just like Burrow was his last year. Small hands are a concern, but I believe he makes a nice pick for some team that needs a quarterback.

I always have trouble with non-dynamic guys that make that sudden jump but it's certainly working out for Burrow.

I also am trying to get my arms around just how deep things could go with Bailey Zappe. How good could he be.

I don't know what "non-dynamic" means, but Burrow could and can scoot, and so can Pickett. Both are around positive 3 yards per rush in their final year on about 100 attempts. That is pretty good for a QB. Especially QBs who are gun slingers with high attempts. Beyond that, you will be looking at Lamar, Cam Newton type guys who are basically runners as well as passers.

Zappe plays in that offense that’s essentially just catch, rock and throw. Seen a lot of quarterbacks put up monster numbers in those type offenses.

But I see him become an extremely average college quarterback when the play isn’t just catch-rock-throw.

He’s playing an entirely different game than a lot of other college quarterbacks, and he’ll have to play an entirely different game at the next level. He’ll have to move his feet.

Arm power doesn’t stand out.

It’ll be interesting to see how he does during Senior Bowl week. He’s an early to mid Day 3 pick right now to me.

I'm looking forward to Ridder playing against Alabama this Friday more than I've looked forward to a prospect getting his prime-time shot in a long time. It's gonna be interesting.

I'm watching this purdue/tennessee game and Aiden O'Connell has thrown some dimes in tight coverage this game. I also saw him play against Iowa and thought he looked good in that game too.

He would be worth a late round/UDFA priority in my opinion.

I'm watching this purdue/tennessee game and Aiden O'Connell has thrown some dimes in tight coverage this game. I also saw him play against Iowa and thought he looked good in that game too.

He would be worth a late round/UDFA priority in my opinion.

Late rounder but not in this draft - gone back for another year.

I want to like Malik Willis and I want to want to draft him at 29. I can’t put my finger on what bothers me. Kind of reminds me of Troy Smith.

Back
Top Bottom