Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ
Reaction score
1. Anthony Richardson** / Florida / 6’4”, 244

2. Bryce Young / Alabama / 5’10”, 204

3. C.J. Stroud** / Ohio St. / 6’3”, 214

4. Tanner McKee / Stanford / 6’6”, 231

5. Jaren Hall / BYU / 6’0”, 211

Last edited:
In my opinion the kid to keep an eye on here is Anthony Richardson.

About as close to a Cam Newton level talent as you’re going to see other than Cam Newton. He is missing absolutely nothing in terms of physical talent, and the NFL is going to be high on him no matter what. He’s what they’re looking for.

Just keep an eye on him and see how he develops this season. If he has the type of season I think he’s going to have under Billy Napier, and if his performance in the spring was any indication - he’ll be in the mix to go #1 overall in the 2023 draft.

The kid pulling the trigger at Tulane by the name of Michael Pratt, might be the toughest kid in college football.

His style of play will need to be altered at the next level because of the numerous big hits he takes to his frame, but he gets up every time, jogs it off, and does it again. And again.

Unbelievable toughness and grit. Very few football players on either side of the ball are willing to give their body up the way he does.

About as close to a Cam Newton level talent as you’re going to see other than Cam Newton. He is missing absolutely nothing in terms of physical talent, and the NFL is going to be high on him no matter what. He’s what they’re looking for.

Just keep an eye on him and see how he develops this season. If he has the type of season I think he’s going to have under Billy Napier, and if his performance in the spring was any indication - he’ll be in the mix to go #1 overall in the 2023 draft.
Hope you are wrong on this one

Love Stroud, who will tank for CJ?

Can’t believe MuLLen only started Richardson one game and it was against a generational defense. The SEC East thanks him for his service

Big fan of TVD! Just hope the new system and potential lack in outside skill position doesn't set him back

Richardson showed flashes last year for sure and I think he might benefit from the coaching change at UF as well.

The kid is rare physical package and if his passing comes along, look out.

I see more Josh Freeman than Cam Newton in Richardson

I don't see this one. Freeman was clunkier ... more deliberate. Richardson is super smooth with a cannon ... watch out if he grasps the offense and stays healthy.

That's fair. I think he's immensely talented, but i still don't see Cam Newton.
Richardson's best passing performance was LSU last year at 167 yards and his best performances on the ground were against USF and FAU.
I'd like to see some more consistency before making those kind of comparisons.
I also don't buy Dan Mullen holding him back, Mullen has worked with and helped develop Alex Smith, Tebow, and Dak Prescott.
He also had Cam at UF before he was kicked out of school and lost a bidding war to Auburn for him while at MSU.

That's fair. I think he's immensely talented, but i still don't see Cam Newton.
Richardson's best passing performance was LSU last year at 167 yards and his best performances on the ground were against USF and FAU.
I'd like to see some more consistency before making those kind of comparisons.
I also don't buy Dan Mullen holding him back, Mullen has worked with and helped develop Alex Smith, Tebow, and Dak Prescott.
He also had Cam at UF before he was kicked out of school and lost a bidding war to Auburn for him while at MSU.

Just to clarify, didn’t say he was Cam Newton. Just said he’s as close to Cam Newton as you can get without being Cam Newton.

Cam Newton’s only come around once.

Richardson is just the closest thing to Cam since Cam. Certainly a lot closer than to Josh Freeman.

Josh Freeman ain’t hitting 21 MPH on the GPS like Richardson. We’re talking about a different caliber athlete with a different level of explosiveness in the hamstrings.

Also, Richardson was only a RS Freshman, and he battled injuries last year. He hasn’t even started his sophomore year yet.

Cam Newton still hadn’t barely seen the field by the time he was a sophomore other than at Blinn JUCO. Then went to Auburn, set all kinds of records and became the #1 overall pick. All out of nowhere.

What I’m saying is Richardson is the type of talent and has the type of upside to do the same thing. However, he also has the ability to drop out of my top 5 Underclassman quarterbacks. That’s why I say keep an eye on him and watch his development.

Mullen wasn’t developing anybody last year. At any position. He didn’t develop Cam Newton either.

Mullen wasn’t even going to recruit until the season was over. He really said that. As soon as I heard him say it I knew he was history and told ‘em in the Gator thread in the college forum. You can’t survive that comment as a head coach in the SEC.

Just keep in mind Richardson’s 167 yard passing performance is far more than Cam Newton ever passed for after his first 2 seasons in college.

All I’m saying is Anthony Richardson has the type of size and skillset the NFL likes to take high in the draft. It’s the type of skillset that can go from 167 yards, to #1 overall pick in a year.

Just to clarify, didn’t say he was Cam Newton. Just said he’s as close to Cam Newton as you can get without being Cam Newton.

Cam Newton’s only come around once.

Richardson is just the closest thing to Cam since Cam. Certainly a lot closer than to Josh Freeman.

Josh Freeman ain’t hitting 21 MPH on the GPS like Richardson. We’re talking about a different caliber athlete with a different level of explosiveness in the hamstrings.

Also, Richardson was only a RS Freshman, and he battled injuries last year. He hasn’t even started his sophomore year yet.

Cam Newton still hadn’t barely seen the field by the time he was a sophomore other than at Blinn JUCO. Then went to Auburn, set all kinds of records and became the #1 overall pick. All out of nowhere.

What I’m saying is Richardson is the type of talent and has the type of upside to do the same thing. However, he also has the ability to drop out of my top 5 Underclassman quarterbacks. That’s why I say keep an eye on him and watch his development.

Mullen wasn’t developing anybody last year. At any position. He didn’t develop Cam Newton either.

Mullen wasn’t even going to recruit until the season was over. He really said that. As soon as I heard him say it I knew he was history and told ‘em in the Gator thread in the college forum. You can’t survive that comment as a head coach in the SEC.

Just keep in mind Richardson’s 167 yard passing performance is far more than Cam Newton ever passed for after his first 2 seasons in college.

All I’m saying is Anthony Richardson has the type of size and skillset the NFL likes to take high in the draft. It’s the type of skillset that can go from 167 yards, to #1 overall pick in a year.

All this ...

As an aside, why are you stopping these lists on here? I doubt you're stopping them altogether. If J-off isn't taking over for ya on here, what would make you change your mind? I'll start a damn collection if I need to ... and throw in a few hundred myself just to show how serious I am in not wanting these threads to end.

Hope all is well btw. Please don't leave. :HAT:

Back
Top Bottom