2024 Miami Dolphins Cap Compliance - Long | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2024 Miami Dolphins Cap Compliance - Long

What I meant to say, I don’t understand how people could feel that way at this point. There may come a time where Miami will have to blow it all up, but that time isn’t now.
Valid opinion.

I'm actually borderline, and a lot of it has to do with my remaining doubts about Tua, TBH.

What I will say is if that is the plan, then invest everything, early draft, FA signings, etc in fielding a good Oline. One that affords Tua a chance to stand in the pocket and survey what's happening in front of him like other top QBs.

This deciding pre snap and throwing to a spot is OK to a point, but if that's the lion's share of our passing game, it isn't good enough.

Sorry defense. You are going to have to make it work on the cheap next year.

The Chiefs play the long game. But they always seem to be there at the end.
Also, I think they can make "different " decisions because they have Patrick Mahomes.

Not sure any other team would have traded Tyreek Hill, as an example. That was a gamble that worked for them, even though the KC offense dropped off.

Is that really what we want to do with our top picks, though?
Well, if both Davis and Wilkins are gone….?
They are thin at that position anyhow. With Phillips and Chubb gone till late October, stopping the run has to be top of the list. Making teams one dimensional will help the LBs and corners defend the pass. Just a thought.

Well, if both Davis and Wilkins are gone….?
They are thin at that position anyhow. With Phillips and Chubb gone till late October, stopping the run has to be top of the list. Making teams one dimensional will help the LBs and corners defend the pass. Just a thought.
I'm thinking if we can't somehow get a top third Oline, everything else is irrelevant.

Also, I think they can make "different " decisions because they have Patrick Mahomes.

Not sure any other team would have traded Tyreek Hill, as an example. That was a gamble that worked for them, even though the KC offense dropped off.
Very True, but even with Alex Smith, they were a high quality team. Hopefully we Can start a stable consistent era in a similar fashion.

I understand and have no problem with that mind set.

You said you didn't understand the alternative mindset. I was just trying to explain it. Perhaps you misspoke and meant you disagree. That is a different thing than not understanding.

The term that best represents this kind of situation is "General Confusion".
He's an officer who was a political appointment. - LOL

Good point. Andy Reid is probably the best current coach in the game.
Considering that with our last DC, and now our most recent DC, we've gone from a pretty good to one who may be even better.

That says a lot positive about how good, knowledgeable, NFL level coaches see this team.

I'm beginning to suspect we may see Vrabel as our OC next year, if he is still available. I just read that the speculation about Varbel's not getting hired this year was due to his imposing size being "somewhat" intimidating.

This sounds like something we might like to see in an OC.
How's that look to you guys?

Considering that with our last DC, and now our most recent DC, we've gone from a pretty good to one who may be even better.

That says a lot positive about how good, knowledgeable, NFL level coaches see this team.

I'm beginning to suspect we may see Vrabel as our OC next year, if he is still available. I just read that the speculation about Varbel's not getting hired this year was due to his imposing size being "somewhat" intimidating.

I'm definitely surprised he wasn't selected as a head coach for one of the openings this year.

I feel like Tennessee downgraded there.

Brother Circumstances is already first in line and pounding the table for him! LOL1

I'm thinking if we can't somehow get a top third Oline, everything else is irrelevant.
Agreed, basically. I think, fully healthy, 1st half of the year, our Oline was top third in the league, easily. But that's overall -run and pass blocking. That's best in the league at zone and 2nd level run blocking, but poor at power running short yardage, and average at best pass protection. If we need top third pass protection, we have work to do. Re-sign players, and add in draft. And stay healthier. I think part of the early running success (at one point by DVOA, at least, among the best in history) was from McD's play design and run schemes advantage - which inevitably fades as the year goes on and opponents get film. This happens to all offensive minds, not just Coach - McVey, Shanahan, especially Chip Kelley back with the Eagles.

So yeah, agree with big emphasis on Oline. Luckily it's probably a great OL draft class.

I don't know if the o -line can't be fixed easier than you may think. Right tackle seems settled with Jackson. Armstead will probably play this next season. If he plays, between him and the decent depth behind him with Kion Smith and Ryan Hayes, I think left tackle should be okay for this season. Plus, they could use their first round pick on another tackle. I believe they will re-sign Hunt. That takes care of 3/5 of the offensive line. Center would be the biggest issue as far I am concerned. Losing Williams was the back breaker for this offensive line. Maybe they can bring back Williams for one season at a decent price seeing that he is coming off the injury. If they can get that center position solidified, I think the offensive line will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom