2024 Miami Dolphins Cap Compliance - Long | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2024 Miami Dolphins Cap Compliance - Long

Not necessarily.
As of right now, there are 44 players on the roster. We can cut 9 and go down to 35. We do still have to have 53 and the top 51 count towards the cap. I mean, maybe we don't have to. Maybe some of our guys can play both ways. How would Hill do as a DB? Austin Jackson at DT?

As of right now, there are 44 players on the roster. We can cut 9 and go down to 35. We do still have to have 53 and the top 51 count towards the cap. I mean, maybe we don't have to. Maybe some of our guys can play both ways. How would Hill do as a DB? Austin Jackson at DT?
Seriously, there have been some great players that played both sides of the ball, like Forrest Gregg, but that seemed to end in the 1960's.

I really question why you are so concerned with getting under the cap like you think we wont. Its really strange to me. You've been on this tirade for weeks, its fascinating.

I really question why you are so concerned with getting under the cap like you think we wont. Its really strange to me. You've been on this tirade for weeks, its fascinating.
Oh, I think we will, because everyone has to, but at what cost to future ramifications and I don't believe we will be able to field a better team than we had this year. Maybe I'm wrong. Let's see if the front office proves me wrong. I am just tired of hearing people say it's no big deal. It certainly looks like it's a big deal. Maybe the people on this site that know alot about the cap specifics can show me how.

Oh, I think we will, because everyone has to, but at what cost to future ramifications and I don't believe we will be able to field a better team than we had this year. Maybe I'm wrong. Let's see if the front office proves me wrong. I am just tired of hearing people say it's no big deal. It certainly looks like it's a big deal. Maybe the people on this site that know alot about the cap specifics can show me how.
Have you read the Reddit post that’s the basis of this whole thread?

The poster knows a lot about the cap. It’s a really good read.

I personally think our roster will look pretty similar to last year’s.

How quickly Chubb and Phillips can recover is the big unknown.

Hopefully we get more injury luck than we had last year

Seriously, there have been some great players that played both sides of the ball, like Forrest Gregg, but that seemed to end in the 1960's.
Jim Thorpe, out of Carlisle Indian School, was a two way player, and played baseball, and was a gold medal Olympic track star.

He kind of got screwed out of his medals, though.

IIRC, died choking on his own drunken vomit, ala Bon Scott......sad.....

Have you read the Reddit post that’s the basis of this whole thread?

The poster knows a lot about the cap. It’s a really good read.

I personally think our roster will look pretty similar to last year’s.

How quickly Chubb and Phillips can recover is the big unknown.

Hopefully we get more injury luck than we had last year
Yes, I have, all of it. I see he gives many suggestions as to what can be done, but we either decimate the roster or push us into Saints territory of being good but not great and needing to deal with the cap every year.

Yes, I have, all of it. I see he gives many suggestions as to what can be done, but we either decimate the roster or push us into Saints territory of being good but not great and needing to deal with the cap every year.
We are in no way shape or form doing what the Saints are doing. They are restructuring restructures. We are not even close to them.

Back
Top Bottom