2024 Miami Dolphins Cap Compliance - Long | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2024 Miami Dolphins Cap Compliance - Long

Well I think Eich is going to end up playing one of the guard positions, depending how things shake out with the draft/FA.
If he does, the season is doomed already. We have seen enough from him, he needs to be a backup at best or even off the team completely as you can save $1.7M by cutting him and give that to a veteran you can trust.

If he does, the season is doomed already. We have seen enough from him, he needs to be a backup at best or even off the team completely as you can save $1.7M by cutting him and give that to a veteran you can trust.

Are you familiar with the word "premature"?
I think you should grab your dictionary and look it up.

What?
You don't own a dictionary?
That explains a lot. - LOL

Last edited:
Are you failure with the word "premature"?
I think you should grab your dictionary and look it up.

What?
You don't own a dictionary?
That explains a lot. - LOL
We've already seen Eichenberg playing T, G and C and he's not good.

If the Dolphins are planning on him starting for 17 games then he will get Tua hurt at some point just like he did to Armstead and Williams last season.

We've already seen Eichenberg playing T, G and C and he's not good.

If the Dolphins are planning on him starting for 17 games then he will get Tua hurt at some point just like he did to Armstead and Williams last season.

Answer the question and quit trying to redirect attention away from a poorly presented argument by using another poorly presented argument.

Again, great write up. Again, I have no idea how we get a decent offensive line with our cap and draft pick limitations.
The original Reddit post pointed out how it's possible to spread the limited cap space they'll have this year. If they can get Hunt / Williams and / or a couple of UDFAs and given them Austin Jackson type back loaded deals, they can push the chequebook a fair way this offseason. They want to win and they want to win now, that's how they've behaved and that's how they'll continue to behave. Yes the cap apocalypse will come eventually but they're not going to be passive now after everything they've built up over the last 4 or 5 years. They're right in the middle of the window they've opened for themselves to put a SB winning calibre team on the field. They'll do everything they can to make it better next year and let the cap implode in two or three more years.

Now whether the OL is a priority for them in terms of putting a winning team on the field - that remains to be seen. They've tried to make it function with a lot of rookie deals. They tried adding a top tier UDFA, a mid level UDFA and they've tried rolling the dice on some jaded, experienced vets. It's never really felt like they've deemed the OL worthy of sinking a large proportion of cap into - other than the Armstead contract. Will they try to get around it with another OL that's paid averagely? We'll see.

My thought is that if they want to fix or improve the OL; they probably have the means to do so. If they don't it's more of an election than their hands being tied by what they have available.

Answer the question and quit trying to redirect attention away from a poorly presented argument by using another poorly presented argument.
Answer what question? You haven't asked a question, you just rambled some nonsense.

Did you forget to take your meds today?

The original Reddit post pointed out how it's possible to spread the limited cap space they'll have this year. If they can get Hunt / Williams and / or a couple of UDFAs and given them Austin Jackson type back loaded deals, they can push the chequebook a fair way this offseason. They want to win and they want to win now, that's how they've behaved and that's how they'll continue to behave. Yes the cap apocalypse will come eventually but they're not going to be passive now after everything they've built up over the last 4 or 5 years. They're right in the middle of the window they've opened for themselves to put a SB winning calibre team on the field. They'll do everything they can to make it better next year and let the cap implode in two or three more years.

Now whether the OL is a priority for them in terms of putting a winning team on the field - that remains to be seen. They've tried to make it function with a lot of rookie deals. They tried adding a top tier UDFA, a mid level UDFA and they've tried rolling the dice on some jaded, experienced vets. It's never really felt like they've deemed the OL worthy of sinking a large proportion of cap into - other than the Armstead contract. Will they try to get around it with another OL that's paid averagely? We'll see.

My thought is that if they want to fix or improve the OL; they probably have the means to do so. If they don't it's more of an election than their hands being tied by what they have available.
Thanks. I read the original article. I just don't see it. I don't see them making this year's team better than last year without destroying our cap in the future.

Thanks. I read the original article. I just don't see it. I don't see them making this year's team better than last year without destroying our cap in the future.
Oh I don’t think they’ll be able to do it without destroying future cap. That comes with the territory. But I absolutely think they’re in a space of being willing to create an unmanageable problem in the future in order to have as much quality on the roster for the next 2 seasons.

It’s all in on this core group of players. Then it will explode back to nothing via an enormous reset where likely the only survivor is Tua. Maybe not even him.

After a decade of being sensible and passive with the cap and rounding out that decade with an almost exactly .500 record; I’m not made about them being aggressive for even a second. It won’t be fun in three or four years time but they’re trying to win a Super Bowl every season until then. About damn time.

Answer what question? You haven't asked a question, you just rambled some nonsense.

Did you forget to take your meds today?

Thank you for repeating your initial error and proving my point at the same time.

Hint, see the following symbol: ?
It is called a question mark.
It identifies a sentence as a question.

You seem to be ignorant of that fact!

Back
Top Bottom