2024 Mock Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2024 Mock Draft

PhinsFreak

Active Roster
Reaction score
Hey, Fellow Dolphins Fans! I’ve been avoiding all football news after the 2023 collapse of our favorite team. I felt that if it wasn’t for the plethora of injuries our Dolphins team would have gone far in the playoffs. Anyway, below is my one and only Mock Draft. I know certain players might not be there when the Dolphins are on the clock but I tried my best to make this as realistic as I could, trying to predict which players would/should be there in each round. Forgive me if I’m off on a few players. Lol Please tell me what you think.

2024 NFL MOCK DRAFT

• Round 1, Selection 21 (21) - #1 DL Byron Murphy II OR #2 EDGE Jared Verse (Trade Back if these two players are not there)
  • Round 2, Selection 23 (55) - #1 EDGE Marshawn Kneeland OR #2 WR Roman Wilson (Unless Chop Robinson or Chris Braswell fall to 55)
  • Round 5, Selection 23 (158) - G Zak Zinter
  • Round 6, Selection 8 (184) - T Javon Foster
  • Round 6, Selection 22 (198) - T Walter Rouse
  • Round 7, Selection 21 (241) - TE Trey Knox

Why who else would we be interested in? - LOL

The other players that would’ve been available when he made his selections so we can judge his mock.

Starting a thread to throw 6 (more like 8) names out there seems lazy.

I am fairly confident that Murphy is not going to be our pick. I genuinely don’t think DT is a need given all the players we signed. I understand the BPA philosophy, but you can pretty much guarantee another player of equivalent talent and impact will also be available at 21. I have nothing against him as a prospect, but undersized DTs generally don’t transition to the NFL in a single season. He could easily end up rotational depth as a rookie, and I don’t think we can afford to use our picks on depth.

Hey, Fellow Dolphins Fans! I’ve been avoiding all football news after the 2023 collapse of our favorite team. I felt that if it wasn’t for the plethora of injuries our Dolphins team would have gone far in the playoffs. Anyway, below is my one and only Mock Draft. I know certain players might not be there when the Dolphins are on the clock but I tried my best to make this as realistic as I could, trying to predict which players would/should be there in each round. Forgive me if I’m off on a few players. Lol Please tell me what you think.

2024 NFL MOCK DRAFT

• Round 1, Selection 21 (21) - #1 DL Byron Murphy II OR #2 EDGE Jared Verse (Trade Back if these two players are not there)
  • Round 2, Selection 23 (55) - #1 EDGE Marshawn Kneeland OR #2 WR Roman Wilson (Unless Chop Robinson or Chris Braswell fall to 55)
It seems like a nice enough wish list.. most probably won't be available at those picks.

Feel free to read through this thread for draft discussions and player backgrounds imo

2024 NFL MOCK DRAFT

When I look at this and everytime I look at a list of our picks I think.... there's no way we don't pick from 55 to 158.

There has to be a trade down in the plans somewhere for the Dolphins.

Tonight my draft wish (this changes every few hours) is to trade down to like 28ish, get a 3rd rounder and select Barton or JPJ there.

When I look at this and everytime I look at a list of our picks I think.... there's no way we don't pick from 55 to 158.

There has to be a trade down in the plans somewhere for the Dolphins.

Tonight my draft wish (this changes every few hours) is to trade down to like 28ish, get a 3rd rounder and select Barton or JPJ there.
I agree. I’m pretty confident Grier will not draft in the first round even if someone elite falls to them. However, I don’t like doing mock drafts with pretend trades. I posted this mock draft about an hour ago and immediately started being called lazy and catching other kinds of heat for it. Imagine what would have happened if I would have included possible trades that the Dolphins could have made. Lol

I am fairly confident that Murphy is not going to be our pick. I genuinely don’t think DT is a need given all the players we signed. I understand the BPA philosophy, but you can pretty much guarantee another player of equivalent talent and impact will also be available at 21. I have nothing against him as a prospect, but undersized DTs generally don’t transition to the NFL in a single season. He could easily end up rotational depth as a rookie, and I don’t think we can afford to use our picks on depth.
Murphy is the player I really want the Dolphins to draft because I think he’s goi g to be an All Pro DT for many years. There is a chance he could be there when the Dolphins are in the clock but if he’s not there, that’s why I included my second option if Murphy is off the board with Edge rusher Verse.

I just hope we don't draft a DT. Please god. For the first time in my 30 years of Dolphins fandom we are able to choose the best player available and I hope we do so.

A lot of consciousness police out here checking people's posts.

2024 NFL MOCK DRAFT

I'll give $25 to FH if Zak is still around in round 5. No way does he last that long. (reports say he did well with surgery)

Unless Chop Robinson falls to #55
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Back
Top Bottom