2024 Mock Draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2024 Mock Draft

But what if BPA turns out to be a NT?

LMAO. I knew someone was going to say it. It would need to be a generational talent or true game changer. But that position is not a position of very high impact, so I wouldn't say . It is like saying a what if BPA was a kicker? Then he wouldn't be the BPA because that position is worthless in comparison to the others.

Hey, Fellow Dolphins Fans! I’ve been avoiding all football news after the 2023 collapse of our favorite team. I felt that if it wasn’t for the plethora of injuries our Dolphins team would have gone far in the playoffs. Anyway, below is my one and only Mock Draft. I know certain players might not be there when the Dolphins are on the clock but I tried my best to make this as realistic as I could, trying to predict which players would/should be there in each round. Forgive me if I’m off on a few players. Lol Please tell me what you think.

2024 NFL MOCK DRAFT

• Round 1, Selection 21 (21) - #1 DL Byron Murphy II OR #2 EDGE Jared Verse (Trade Back if these two players are not there)
  • Round 2, Selection 23 (55) - #1 EDGE Marshawn Kneeland OR #2 WR Roman Wilson (Unless Chop Robinson or Chris Braswell fall to 55)
  • Round 5, Selection 23 (158) - G Zak Zinter
  • Round 6, Selection 8 (184) - T Javon Foster
  • Round 6, Selection 22 (198) - T Walter Rouse
  • Round 7, Selection 21 (241) - TE Trey Knox
Collapse is calling it lightly lol

I know you said you avoided the news but you really ought to catch up on the why of this ;)
I did avoid the news but the “why of this” was common knowledge during the season. Grier put the Dolphins in cap hell, had TWENTY SIX players enter into Free Agency in the same offseason, and obviously had a terrible game plan heading into the 2024 season. GRIER is the WHY the Dolphins had no money to retain Wilkins and/or Hunt. The Dolphins have always been notorious for allowing for their homegrown talent to leave and win for other teams while over paying for other teams garbage. This goes back to the early 2000’s. Grier is a terrible GM and the odds of him actually drafting a player in the 1st round are pretty slim because his ridiculous draft strategy is quantity over quality. That’s how he is dealing with the Wilkins situation. He’s signed about 12 DT’s to TRY and take the place of Wilkins. These guys would all have to be on the field at the same time to get his production.

I did avoid the news but the “why of this” was common knowledge during the season. Grier put the Dolphins in cap hell, had TWENTY SIX players enter into Free Agency in the same offseason, and obviously had a terrible game plan heading into the 2024 season. GRIER is the WHY the Dolphins had no money to retain Wilkins and/or Hunt. The Dolphins have always been notorious for allowing for their homegrown talent to leave and win for other teams while over paying for other teams garbage. This goes back to the early 2000’s. Grier is a terrible GM and the odds of him actually drafting a player in the 1st round are pretty slim because his ridiculous draft strategy is quantity over quality. That’s how he is dealing with the Wilkins situation. He’s signed about 12 DT’s to TRY and take the place of Wilkins. These guys would all have to be on the field at the same time to get his production.
Mixed Martial Arts Wow GIF by UFC

Episode 7 Wow GIF by Wrexham AFC

By all measures we are going to play a 3-4. Murphy along with nearly all the top DT’s are 4-3 DT’s and way too small to play in a 3-4. Just look at the body types we have signed along the DL. There appears to be no spot along the line for 6ft sub 300 pound player.

Graham Barton is the pick that makes the most sense due to his position versatility.

With that said I am shocked how thin we are at Safety. We only have two with both theoretically on 1 year deals. I can see DeJean being the pick at 21 as a hybrid DB.

I’m going with Barton over DeJean simply because I think we could get a similar hybrid DB at 55 but I don’t think we can get a player with Barton’s versatility there.

By all measures we are going to play a 3-4. Murphy along with nearly all the top DT’s are 4-3 DT’s and way too small to play in a 3-4. Just look at the body types we have signed along the DL. There appears to be no spot along the line for 6ft sub 300 pound player.

Graham Barton is the pick that makes the most sense due to his position versatility.

With that said I am shocked how thin we are at Safety. We only have two with both theoretically on 1 year deals. I can see DeJean being the pick at 21 as a hybrid DB.

I’m going with Barton over DeJean simply because I think we could get a similar hybrid DB at 55 but I don’t think we can get a player with Barton’s versatility there.
Barton worries me too much, especially for a guy projected to be drafted in the first round. He’s injury prone. Speaking of measurables, For a 6’5” tall man Barton is tiny! If you think Murphy is too small you need to keep in mind that his arms are almost the exact same size as Barton’s, who is almost 5 inches taller then him and Murphy’s hands are an inch bigger. The term Jack of All Trades, Master Of None” comes to mind and that concerns me about Barton. If I’m using a 1st round pick on a player I want to know exactly where he’s going to play. Also, back the the injuries, one of the other important things about a 1st round pick is availability. The Dolphins don’t need yet another player on the IR list, especially a player they used a 1st round pick on.

Back
Top Bottom