2024 NFL Draft Day 2 Thread | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2024 NFL Draft Day 2 Thread

I don't agree that Dejean is a "perfect fit" for Miami. I don't see him as a good man CB and Miami is expected to play a lot more man coverage.
I think they use him more at safety. Weaver should employ 3 safety looks enough to warrant one. It's what the NFL has shifted to quite often due to light boxes (and lighter ILBs) defending the passing offenses.

I think they use him more at safety. Weaver should employ 3 safety looks enough to warrant one. It's what the NFL has shifted to quite often due to light boxes (and lighter ILBs) defending the passing offenses.
I want him just to return kicks lol

If Miami doesn't come out of day 2 with an OLineman, it might be because they've got something lined up after the draft in F/A? Something to look for. I'm thinking Miami went into this draft thinking Defense.

Ya, another premier defensive prospect is sorely needed. I don’t even care what position. I’d be thrilled if we added Edgerrin Cooper or Payton Wilson, as well as DT, CB or S.

Our objective right now is to beat Mahomes and Allen.

If you can’t add a high quality OL prospect, don’t hesitate to take any defensive player you have a high grade on.

WR feels like a smoke screen to me. The WR board has basically been chalk. It worked out mostly how it was expected to. Nothing has happened to disappoint us, or to make us jump to change our draft plans.

The only guy who’s really on the board who wasn’t expected to be is DeJean. If we do trade up into 33-35 range, I’m guessing it’s for him.

Ravens played a lot of 3 Safety looks looks last year.

We currently only have 3 Safeties on the roster and I’d rather Elijah Campbell wasn’t playing snaps outside of ST.

So I think Dejean profiles as a Safety in our scheme
They did but I think it was out of necessity b/c of CB injuries. And Hamilton is a better man CB than Dejean is. I could see/actually expect Miami to use the extra CB rather than the extra S. And I would say that Ramsey and Fuller are better and more versatile in that 3rd S role than Dejean would be. IMO Dejean would be a liability covering a slot WR.

Back
Top Bottom