2024 NFL Draft Day 2 Thread | Page 83 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2024 NFL Draft Day 2 Thread

Because it was a deep class and he was the 8th OT taken. ThreeOTs went after him that a lot of people had as second round picks too. Amegadji, Rosengarten and Suamatia all have potential as well.

6 OTs went ahead of Terron Armstead too including the No.1 and No.2 picks, who TA ended up being a lot better than. Only Lane Johnson can say he was in TAs league.

Production, size and agility like Paul has is all you can ask for in the 55th pick.

Right, Paul, Rosengarten, and the BYU tackle had some buzz about sneaking into the late 1st, and that's often where you have to take OT's with any chance of succeeding. Because there were so many good OT's, and because of the talent at other positions (WR, QB - CB and DT after the Top 20), Paul was available a full 30 picks after the range you usually have to gamble on these kinds of talents. I didn't see a huge difference between Guyton and Paul.

Paul is more physically talented than Isaiah Wilson, for example, but he's also a high-character guy. He's a lot more talented than Kaleb McGreary (sp?).

The draft is the place to make your best bets. A high-character OT with elite physical traits is a great bet at 55. I love that he's already working with Duke Manyweather and OL Masterminds, love that he wants to be in Miami and work with Coach Berry, and I love that he's already attacking his weaknesses.

Miami needed some difference-making talent on the OL. It's unsurprising that the NFL snatched up the Day 1 Starter OT's Top 20. But, Miami was still able to take advantage of the strength of the class. That's a big win in my book.

I viewed Paul as a good pick in that range for anyone (without the bump OT's typically get), but he seems like a particularly great fit for Miami.

I believe that it is the typical NFL "success to failure" ratio for 1st rounder draft picks.
But what's it for olinemen in "early" rounds? 50% sounds pretty solid for the first 3 rounds for olineman and that's where Grier's at, but I keep reading how terrible he is at drafting olinemen.

Right, Paul, Rosengarten, and the BYU tackle had some buzz about sneaking into the late 1st, and that's often where you have to take OT's with any chance of succeeding. Because there were so many good OT's, and because of the talent at other positions (WR, QB - CB and DT after the Top 20), Paul was available a full 30 picks after the range you usually have to gamble on these kinds of talents. I didn't see a huge difference between Guyton and Paul.

Paul is more physically talented than Isaiah Wilson, for example, but he's also a high-character guy. He's a lot more talented than Kaleb McGreary (sp?).

The draft is the place to make your best bets. A high-character OT with elite physical traits is a great bet at 55. I love that he's already working with Duke Manyweather and OL Masterminds, love that he wants to be in Miami and work with Coach Berry, and I love that he's already attacking his weaknesses.

Miami needed some difference-making talent on the OL. It's unsurprising that the NFL snatched up the Day 1 Starter OT's Top 20. But, Miami was still able to take advantage of the strength of the class. That's a big win in my book.

I viewed Paul as a good pick in that range for anyone (without the bump OT's typically get), but he seems like a particularly great fit for Miami.
I think it just comes down to a difference in draft philosophies. Those that are unhappy with the pick generally fall into the camp that wants a day one contributor. You'll never talk these folks into agreeing that this is a good pick b/c Paul most likely isn't contributing this year let alone day one.

I think it just comes down to a difference in draft philosophies. Those that are unhappy with the pick generally fall into the camp that wants a day one contributor. You'll never talk these folks into agreeing that this is a good pick b/c Paul most likely isn't contributing this year let alone day one.

Teams are pretty good at drafting these days. We get way fewer wtf? picks than we used to - even like 5-6 years ago. So, there are fewer true fallers - Day 1 starters who also have considerable upside and who also play a premium position.

You can get a Day 1 starting OG at 55, particularly in a great OL class. Day 1 starting OT's almost always go Top 20.

I understand wanting a Day 1 starter, but I also understand bringing in a supremely talented OT who needs work but who is a particularly good fit for what you want/need and who is a high-character guy who really wants to play for your team.

As I said a few days back, this is a great draft to need an OL. There's still solid starter-level talent on the board.

The fact is.. we won't know how much people play as rookies until they get on the field.

Injuries are unfortunate but EXPECTED..
Who knows what might happen between now and Feb 9(when we win 🏆)..
Someone will blow off a toe with fireworks or carry a concealed weapon into the wrong spa or throw bicycles at entry-gate guards or get a happy ending from a shocked masseuse..
Our QB room got riddled two years ago..
Last year, every other room did..
I feel safe to assume these two guys will be on the field plenty, as long as they stay off elevators with Ray.

As I said a few days back, this is a great draft to need an OL. There's still solid starter-level talent on the board.

Same for WR. Great classes push guys down. I respect Miami for going big, using it to add premium positions. They clearly REALLY believe in their ability to develop guys who have the tools and really want to develop. They have to make good on it, but outside of Armstead, Paul is the most talented OL Miami added since Armstead. Robinson is the most talented player they've added since Ramsey. You could probably throw in Achane, but he's a RB.

So, this the first time this staff will get to work with talent on this level as rookies, with the exception of Achane who was devalued because of his size and position, and in terms of play when healthy, Achane was historically good - easily the most efficient RB in the league.

I'm excited to see what this staff does with rookies who have legitimately rare tools. Robinson needs to round his game out, but he'll play early as a pass rusher. Because of his rare movement skills, he should be an immediate impact player on passing downs.

And for all we know someone else took their player, and so on and so on. Our team is focusing on the guys we added, we should too.

We added two talented potential difference makers at premier positions.
I was just joking based on all the consternation from some of our posters.

I, for one, like both picks. Let’s all just give them a chance.

Because it was a deep class and he was the 8th OT taken. ThreeOTs went after him that a lot of people had as second round picks too. Amegadji, Rosengarten and Suamatia all have potential as well.

6 OTs went ahead of Terron Armstead too including the No.1 and No.2 picks, who TA ended up being a lot better than. Only Lane Johnson can say he was in TAs league.

Production, size and agility like Paul has is all you can ask for in the 55th pick.
Don’t let logic get in the way of any future tantramming

I’m debating the height difference between Hunt and Paul. Which is 1or2 inches which doesn’t make any difference. I gave you two websites that show Hunt is 6’6. You keep responding saying Hunt is 6’5.2. What is your point? What does that matter?
I’d bet most people would take that combine measurement as the most accurate

All prospects measured on an equal field

Beebe will be a day one starter at guard for whomever drafts him. T-Rex arms won’t matter. Paul will only see action on the field goal package.
You've met our current OLT? seems to miss quite a bit of time yearly.

Back
Top Bottom