2024 NFL Mock Draft Thread - Post yours here | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2024 NFL Mock Draft Thread - Post yours here

As much as we would like to trade down, its not likely going to happen since teams rarely want to give up a 3rd or 4th round pick to move up from the mid to high 20s to the low 20s and its not worth it to me to trade down for anything less. So this is my mock draft with no trades.

21. C Jackson Powers- Johnson - Oregon

55. LB Edgerrin Cooper - Texas A&M

156. DE Gabriel Murphy - UCLA

185. WR Javon Baker - UCF

199. OT Walter Rouse - Oklahoma

238. P Tory Taylor - Iowa
I like this draft. Except for the punter 😂

Our punter stunk last year and we do need one so this is a cheap way to replace him. Normally our 7th round picks dont even make the roster.
I wasn't serious; I've always joked about punters. Or I was serious about liking the other guys in the mock, and joking about the punter. No 7th rd mock pick should ever be criticized seriously.

Our punter stunk last year and we do need one so this is a cheap way to replace him. Normally our 7th round picks dont even make the roster.
Well we missed out on the punt God, he signed with the Chiefs

Penix keeps dropping to 21 and I keep drafting him.

Not because I WANT a QB, but I have a hard time passing up the value for a reach.

I’m that way with Nix.
Either of those guys really. Neither has any business being on the board at 21.

If that happens and we dont trade out, i'd grab one.

Ive always been a fan of drafting QBs every few years, something we have gotten away from.

Penix keeps dropping to 21 and I keep drafting him.

Not because I WANT a QB, but I have a hard time passing up the value for a reach.
Better move would be to find another team that wants one of those QB's and trade with them.

IF the Fins needed a QB I think McD would like Nix over Penix.I think he would love McCarthy too.

Better move would be to find another team that wants one of those QB's and trade with them.

IF the Fins needed a QB I think McD would like Nix over Penix.I think he would love McCarthy too.
I find trades in mock drafts to be pointless, I like using them to see who may be available in a given pick range.

I'd trade down, sure, but there are too many variables at play, and im not getting trade raped just to move down.

I find trades in mock drafts to be pointless, I like using them to see who may be available in a given pick range.

I'd trade down, sure, but there are too many variables at play, and im not getting trade raped just to move down.
I am talking about trading down for real in such a situation but you need to know who is on the board, who wants to move up and what they are offering.

In mock drafts the whole point is to trade and trade and trade!

I am talking about trading down for real in such a situation but you need to know who is on the board, who wants to move up and what they are offering.

In mock drafts the whole point is to trade and trade and trade!
Mock drafts with a lot of trades are unrealistic. Fun, sure, but youll never see that in real life.

Mock drafts with a lot of trades are unrealistic. Fun, sure, but youll never see that in real life.
And no one ever predicts a correct trade.

It is an exercise in futility.

I have never understood the interest in the "experts" mocks to begin with.

I am much more interested in if those "experts" know what they are doing when they rate and rank the players themselves.

Back
Top Bottom