2nd day pick I think will help a lot | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2nd day pick I think will help a lot

Rolls Royce Freeman, I have watched every game he has played. Dude is a beast and deceivingly fast and elusive for a big guy. I don't think what we have will keep defenders from worrying about our run game. Is a 3 down back all day everyday Murray is not even close to being the answer and a waste of money. I sure hope we don't offer him contract.

Tremendous player and athlete, and I like him a lot myself. The dilemma becomes him or a TE when talking hypothetical second round, and the way I see it is that we simply can’t lose out on a chance at Gesiski/Goedert if one of them lasts until 42.

We could always get lucky, and Royce last until the 123rd pick (4th rounder). If so, then I would definitely scoop him up there and I would consider it a great value pick. Freeman does seems to be flying under the radar a bit.

My ideal scenario would be:
Tremaine Edmunds (11)
Mike Gesicki/Dallas Goedert (42)
Mike White/Kyle Lauletta (73)
Royce Freeman/Akrum Wadley/John Kelly (123 or 131)

I’d honestly be on cloud nine if the Dolphins draft ran something closely to the above.

Last edited:
Tremendous player and athlete, and I like him a lot myself. The dilemma becomes him or a TE when talking hypothetical second round, and the way I see it is that we simply can’t lose out on a chance at Gesiski/Goedert if one of them lasts until 42.

We could always get lucky, and Royce last until the 123rd pick (4th rounder). If so, then I would definitely scoop him up there and I would consider it a great value pick. Freeman does seems to be flying under the radar a bit.

Tremaine Edmunds (11)

I’d honestly be on cloud nine if the Dolphins draft ran something closely to the above.
What I like about this year's draft is there are multiple scenarios that are exciting. I like this one a lot if Mayfield isn't there at 11. At 73 I'd also consider Chubb.

What I like about this year's draft is there are multiple scenarios that are exciting. I like this one a lot if Mayfield isn't there at 11. At 73 I'd also consider Chubb.

It’s definitely going to be fun watching everything unfold, especially after the first and second rounds. I like Chubb too, and could see grabbing a QB in the fourth. It just depends on how the board falls.

It’s definitely going to be fun watching everything unfold, especially after the first and second rounds. I like Chubb too, and could see grabbing a QB in the fourth. It just depends on how the board falls.
Totally. I think this over other years is really a draft of, where the board falls.

I know running backs are more a dime a dozen anymore unless you have a specially elite one but I don’t understand where the mindset that you can just pluck a couple 7th round or undrafted backs and be set. If you want a true talent it takes a draft pick. I think some people are starting to take the position for too for granted. Durable, talented backs aren’t just going undrafted by the bunches

I looked him up, very impressive. Do you think his injuries and future concerns are valid? Some say he isn't what he was his sophomore year and don't see him getting back to that level.
I can’t say if he’ll return to pre injury form, but he did look like he was regaining some of it last season. Every player recovers differently, in Freeman’s case, the extra year, making it 2 years removed from his injury , “COULD “, mean he returns to form. But in any case, Freeman is a very, very good RB. If he’s available in round 3, I’m hoping Miami pulls the trigger and selects him. As for Penny, I don’t think he makes it to Miami’s pick in round 2 @ #42. He’s just that good.

Tremaine Edmunds (11)

I like the Kyle Laulette pick, especially if the way he played in the Senior bowl wasn't a fluke. Other then that I don't know much about him to be honest, but I loved the way he was slinging it in that game.

I would not spend a 2nd on a guy who will split carries and I would not want to take too many away from Drake anyway. I think a TE would be a better investment. We need it badly.

RB just went down in the list of major needs. Frank Gore has arrived!!

Back
Top Bottom