2nd Teir QBs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2nd Teir QBs

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
We are more than likely not going to end up with one of the top 3(Manning, Rothlisberger, Lossman) QBs in this draft, but what I am curious is how the next group is going to rade out. Guys like Clausen, Pickett, Rivers, and Josh Harris. I am curious if any one has been paying attention to what the "draft experts" are saying about these guys, and where they will end up.

the top 3 is Rivers, Manning, and Rothlisberger ;)

I wathced Matt Schuab tear the Virginia Tech defense apart pretty good. he is like 6-5 240 i think. I think the kid could play. the old jets coach there at Virgina coached him and talked highly of him. He proved it to me on that day but thats all ive seen of him. i wouldnt mind getting him. he looked like he had some smarts.

Originally posted by Dajesus
We are more than likely not going to end up with one of the top 3(Manning, Rothlisberger, Lossman) QBs in this draft, but what I am curious is how the next group is going to rade out. Guys like Clausen, Pickett, Rivers, and Josh Harris. I am curious if any one has been paying attention to what the "draft experts" are saying about these guys, and where they will end up.
casey clausen will not even be drafted. if he is he will be a 7th rounder at best.

I dont think we will draft a high profile college QB, if anything we'll draft a Qb in the Late rounds.

What about Brad Smith of Missouri???...He looked good in his bowl game!!!...Anyone know more about him???

Brad Smith is only a sophomore so he's going to be back at Missouri next year. He's looked good though.

How about Bradlee Van Pelt of Colorado State as a late round project. I know the guy's raw, but he is a gritty tough player with a lot of upside potential.

Van Pelt lacks the arm strength needed to be a starter in the NFL.

Clausen is a Tom Brady clone who will be drafted in the 3rd or 4th round.

One guy to watch is Robert Kent out of Jackson State. For his career, he threw for 11,784 yards, 104 TDs, and 57 INTs. Not quite as good as Steve McNair was at Alcorn State, but only one step below him.

Im no expert so fill me in on dinwiddie and that texas tech guy :) seems to me like a bumper crop of qbs this year. I would like to think we can find a future starter in there somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dinwiddie is a Jeff Garcia type and needs to go to a team that runs the West Coast Offense.

BJ Symons is a system made quarterback who lacks the overall skills to play in the NFL.

I don't think Dinwiddie is a west coast QB. He is short for an NFL prospect (6') so he will be overlooked until the later rounds but dont underestimate his ability to throw the ball. He shattered Wuerfful's (sp) career QB efficiency record at over 167. His average yard per attempt is a ridiculous 10.45 over the last two years. He has an eerily accurate arm and he has the arm strenghth to make every NFL throw and he will show that at the combine. I understand that he will get overlooked becuase he doesnt fit the mould but I would not say he is a west coast guy. That offense at BSU is very much a balanced vertical attack

Matt Schuab does seem to have all the tools. He already runs a pro style offense at virginia and he completed like 70% of his passes this year for a ton of yardage and TD's..

He does have slow feet compared to alot of other QB's, but moves around in the pocket well and he is not scared to stand in there and deliver the ball...

Originally posted by Predaphin34
I dont think we will draft a high profile college QB, if anything we'll draft a Qb in the Late rounds.
that will be the first major decision (assuming he does trash Wanne or Norv) the new GM will have to make: deciding on the future of the QB decision. I would expect us to get a young one and either Jay or an older one for 2004. The real question is is Sage worth enough to draft a QB late or is he a perennial #2/#3 ?? if so, we s/get a QB first rd. But since there is sooo much pressure to win right away I can see them going OL or WR in the first.

Of course if we cannot get Rivers, Manning, or Rothlisberger we are probably wasting a #1 on a QB...

:topic:

though as I always say about draft dicussions before FA is they are worthless until you see what the team needs after FA.

If we have only Sage and the roster and have cut JF and BG going into the draft, then you know we are drafting a QB #1; but that aint gonna be the case

Josh Harris 6'2 226 4.84 Good athleticism hard worker always trying to learn strong lower body has a good release and arm strength also senses and avoids the rush although not fast has good mobility and can throw on the run, Can improve this accuracy tends to bird dog if primary not open will take off if nothing is there to throw to.

Matt Schaub 6'5 244 4.95 Very good size and instincts for the position has adequate arm stength and makes good decisions within the offense has good touch and accuracy in the short to intermediate game deep ball hangs instead of turning over.

Ryan Dinwiddie 6'0 195 4.8 Undersized west coast quarterback good touch on the short ball lacks arm strenght and accuracy but he is a firey leader with good pocket presence and very competitive but lacks discipline.

Hope this helps, if you are looking for info one any others just ask will try to do the best I can

Back
Top Bottom