3-4 garbage | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3-4 garbage

Heinegrabber

Since 84
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Miami please stop this 3-4 madness and go back to the 4-3 so our lbs can play football instead of being beat up by tackles and guards.

Agreed. A fast, aggressive 4-3 like Baltimore ran when they raised the Lombardi trophy won a SB & Philly continues to run is the way to go.

Agreed. A fast, aggressive 4-3 like Baltimore ran when they raised the Lombardi trophy won a SB & Philly continues to run is the way to go.
What? Where is the logic in this? With the right personel and good coaching, either type can excel... I guess the Steelers should switch to the 4-3. Same with the Packers.

The problem with this defense is a combination of a lack talent and a lack of any drive or motivation, not the scheme.

The problem with this defense is a combination of a lack talent and a lack of any drive or motivation, not the scheme.

When your starting secondary averages about an interception per player & season played, it's easy to see where "lack of talent" is an issue. One thing I don't get, though, is why our pass rush has once been dominant but has barely flashed this year.

We lack talent to play a 3-4. Our front seven is not built for 3-4.

and Baltimore has ran a 3-4 ever since. Philly's 4-3 hasn't been the same since Jim Johnson died (RIP). Their new 4-3 is horrible as all it is is spreading the DL really wide to get to the QB. Their getting sacks, but they get killed in the run game.

The problem with our 3-4 is it lacks creativity. Compare our 3-4 to Baltimore's, Pittsburgh's, Green Bay's, and the Jets; we are a very vanilla 3-4 in how we blitz. While all those teams do have a dominant pass rusher (well... the Jets don't) they get pressure and sacks from a lot of different people. We rely too much on Wake.

When your starting secondary averages about an interception per player & season played, it's easy to see where "lack of talent" is an issue. One thing I don't get, though, is why our pass rush has once been dominant but has barely flashed this year.
Right on about the secondary. These guys just don't have any drive IMO. Front 7 looks lackadaisical the majority of the time. Sean Smith cannot for the life of him play the ball. What happened on the Josh Cribbs TD is beyond me. He made his good coverage into bad coverage by playing the ball poorly.

Jones is still a major liability as is Bell. For whatever reason, these guys refuse to cover tight ends. Not sure what the deal with that is.

Vontae Davis needs to put up or shut up. I like the guy, but he is really over rated on this board. He's not even a top 10 corner.

Hate to say it, but at this point piling up the losses is the best thing possible for this team.

The 43 is better against the pass... So if you believe that this league is going to more of a passing league then you should go to a 43...But its not easy finding great parts for a 43..Ask the falcons..They are struggling right now and they have run a 43 for a long time now. 34 or 43 the bottom line is you have to make plays...Bottom line.. Our secondary is in shambles right now so I dont think that it would matter much but I think we would get alot more consistent pressure especially against big personnel..Its not just the personnel in a 34 that make it hard to get pressure on a qb , its the gaps that they man thats the biggest problem with it IMO

and yeah, we are built for a 3-4. Now our DL could easily switch to a 4-3 moving Wake and Misi to DEs with Odrick and Langford as DTs (maybe Langford could play SDE), but LB would be an overhaul. Dansby was really good in the 4-3 in Arizona, and Burnett probably could play LB, but neither of them are MIKEs in a 4-3

Give it time, the defense could gel really nicely. Next year with a couple of more players it could be VERY effective.

and yeah, we are built for a 3-4. Now our DL could easily switch to a 4-3 moving Wake and Misi to DEs with Odrick and Langford as DTs (maybe Langford could play SDE), but LB would be an overhaul. Dansby was really good in the 4-3 in Arizona, and Burnett probably could play LB, but neither of them are MIKEs in a 4-3

I think Solai would be gone.Just not needed.. Wake could be a de but I hope he is playing 8 or 9 tech..even at 7 I think he will get swallowed up by tackles... I think Misi would be the strong side guy olb...He is just not a de...He gets no pressure at all...Maybe he would get a look at strong side but I dont think so...Just too small and too slow..I think Langford or Oddrick would be a better fit there.. of course they would have to lose some weight...Dansby would be the mike tho they are undersized we would have to make it work..Odrick or starks would be the 3 tech.. Starks would probably play the nose.

Back
Top Bottom