3-4 garbage | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3-4 garbage

you can play a 3-4 but atleast have a stud like Wilfork and backers not named MISI and Burnett

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

not the bills!!!!hahahaha

But he got lots of yards! And QB's who pass for a lot of yards are always good, right?

thats a negative. i'll take a QB that passes for 100 yards if it results in wins.

This has been the scheme since the new regime has taken over and our LB corps still doesn't make big impacts on the game, aside from the occassional sack by Wake. Again, our personel moves just suck!

Wilfork and Haynesworth are great football players. And I may be wrong, but Haynesworth was a 4-3 lineman to begin with.

Hanyesworth played the 4-3 in TEN but that's my point - that players can play 3-4 or 4-3. Its not the drastic switch that people make it out to be. DE's are a little tougher to switch out though.

Hanyesworth played the 4-3 in TEN but that's my point - that players can play 3-4 or 4-3. Its not the drastic switch that people make it out to be. DE's are a little tougher to switch out though.

it depends. When Mangini switched the Jets to a 3-4 he almost got Jonathan Vilma (who was turning into an elite MIKE) killed, and generally, most smaller LBs get eaten alive in a 3-4 defense. You have to be really smart to be an ILB.

We don't have the talent in the secondary. the 3-4 would be much more effect if we had any support from the secondary. Not being able to cover tight ends isn't all on the linebackers either. Safeties are often matched up with tight ends as well as Sean Smith.

No one in this scheme needs to be double teamed.... really? Cam Wake doesn't draw double teams on a consistent basis?

Look, you stated this team wasn't built for the 3-4 and that's just flat wrong. Now you've changed your argument to them not being able to play it. Like I said though, it'd be a completely different defense with any degree of competency in the secondary.

You must not have watched the last three games especially the patriots game. Cam was mauled by a rookie.

You must not have watched the last three games especially the patriots game. Cam was mauled by a rookie.
That doesn't mean he doesn't draw double teams. Cam was probably the best player on the defense that night, and he had a weak game... If you want to start throwing blame out, throw it at the people responsible. Cam drew a holding call or two and had a sack. Far better than anyone on the defense that night and he didn't even play that well.

Please don't leave out the fact that Nolan knows Tony sucks and wants a chance to showcase for a HC opportunity. The problem is and will be until he is let go the HC, no way this defense got worse. Once the phins lose to Chargers Tony should be gone and Nolan given the reins watch how much better the D plays.

Back
Top Bottom