3 former dolphins assistants | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3 former dolphins assistants

Tomlin was never an assistant here, he was one of the guys that Saban wanted to be our DC when he was DB coach in Tampa, but the Bucs refused to let him interview. The other candidates were Jim Schwartz and Eric Mangini. Eventually we just named Rick Smith DC.

I think Will Muschamp was co-defensive coordinator in Saban's first year.

Now are head coaches. Tomlin, Bowles, and Garrett. Obviously when they were here we had no idea they would elevate to head coaches but it's just a fascinating twist that we are stuck with Philbin and we at least had better options on previous staffs.

Same story as our former players leaving and then becoming much better players. We are cursed for sure :)

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

Could be 4 if Quinn gets hired

Add Lazor to that list if we won't get him a HC job in the next 2 years !

No way Todd Bowles was ready to become a head coach when he was promoted to interim head coach. Because he was not hired, he moved on. That's not being cursed.

If Quinn gets hired by the Falcons that will make 3 former assistants who would be current head coaches. Wonder if any other organization can say that?

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Garret was a back up QB and Tomlin was never a Dolphin. OP is 1/3.

I was wrong about Tomlin not Garrett

Another one we let get away was Mean Joe Greene. We had him as an assistant coach and let him get away. He went back to Pittsburgh and moved into a special assistant for player personnel role and helped the Steelers pick players that led them to 2 more World Championships. He was a part of every Steelers Championship on the field or in the back office.

No - Jason Garrett was also the Dolphin QB Coach for 2 years 2005 and 2006, when our Head Coach was the strongly committed Nick Saban.

If Quinn gets hired by the Falcons that will make 3 former assistants who would be current head coaches. Wonder if any other organization can say that?

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

I was wrong about Tomlin not Garrett

Yeah spiketex was right, my bad dude.

Back
Top Bottom