3-way trade rumor | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3-way trade rumor

phunwin said:
Here's a summary of the morning yap on this...

Newsday mentions a 20% chance of a deal: http://www.newsday.com:/sports/printedition/ny-spmtrade304364580jul30,0,5842034.story?coll=ny-sports-print&vote18722090=1

NY Post reports that if there's not significant progress by noon, it's dead:
http://www.nypost.com/sports/mets/51054.htm

NY Times says they'll talk today to try and "resuscitate" the deal:
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/30/sports/baseball/30shea.html?pagewanted=all&oref=login

Daily News says it's dead:
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/story/332832p-284430c.html

Star-Ledger calls it a longshot:
http://www.nj.com/mets/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/1122700688320050.xml&coll=1

Boston Herald says there's "only partial credence" to the rumor:
http://redsox.bostonherald.com/redSox/view.bg?articleid=95856

Somewhat ironically, the Globe appears to be the most optimistic about this happening:http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2005/07/30/theres_a_buzz_in_the_air_at_fenway/

Providence Journal says there are a number of Ramirez trade scenarios, but this one is the least likely:http://www.projo.com/redsox/content/projo_20050730_30fight.227743d2.html

So there you go, all the gossip fodder you need for the morning. :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow!

MikeO said:
OK, Daily News is reporting the Mets have ended the deal and won't pay all $64 mill of Manny's contract and have nixed it. http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/332831p-284430c.html

Every other outlet (other NY Papers) are reporting the Mets haven't walked away and are still talking to Boston.

ESPN is reporting the Mets walked away NOT because of the money, but because the Red Sox wanted more players in return in this deal. Yet, the 2 teams will talk again on Saturday.

Now, another team has entered this Manny-hunt. FLORIDA! A package of some sort which includes Lowell and AJ Burnett. Sporting News is reporting this.

Mike, we have the most creative GM in baseball here. We're always in on everything just in case.

According to WFAN the player that the Mets are holding up the deal is none other then Aaron Heliman... Man I don't want this deal to go down. Mike Cameron is awful at the plate, with him and MarK Bellhorn in the line up I think it's safe to say that at any night Roger Clemens and Kerry Woods 20 K's in a game strike out record could be broken. No thanks. I like Huff I think he's a good player but i'd still rather have Manny and his money on the team. In my opinion there's only a few guys I'd be willing to trade Manny for (for fair value of course)and those guys are Vlad, ARod, Pujols, Miggy Cabrerra, Miggy Tedeja and possibly Sheffield. Last time I looked Huff and Cameron couldn't tie any of those players shoes.

Ray Finkle said:
According to WFAN the player that the Mets are holding up the deal is none other then Aaron Heliman... Man I don't want this deal to go down. Mike Cameron is awful at the plate, with him and MarK Bellhorn in the line up I think it's safe to say that at any night Roger Clemens and Kerry Woods 20 K's in a game strike out record could be broken. No thanks. I like Huff I think he's a good player but i'd still rather have Manny and his money on the team. In my opinion there's only a few guys I'd be willing to trade Manny for (for fair value of course)and those guys are Vlad, ARod, Pujols, Miggy Cabrerra, Miggy Tedeja and possibly Sheffield. Last time I looked Huff and Cameron couldn't tie any of those players shoes.

Well, forget about Cabrera. That man will be in teal for a loooooooong time.

RWhitney014 said:
Well, forget about Cabrera. That man will be in teal for a loooooooong time.

Dream on.... If he keeps putting up these numbers someone is going to offer A-Rod dollars and he will take it.

No one will offer him A-Rod dollars but someone will offer him a hell of a lot more then the Marlins will!

Ferretsquig said:
Dream on.... If he keeps putting up these numbers someone is going to offer A-Rod dollars and he will take it.

After 2006, when he's still a year away from arbitration, they'll offer him 10 and 100. He could have signed with any team in Venezuela for a lot more money than we offered (believe it or not, the Twins had a standing offer worth more than our deal), but he chose to play for Florida. He is the unquestioned star of this team, he has a press that doesn't bother him, fans that love him, and a personality that fits Florida to a tee.

If there is one player the Marlins have ever had that they would break the bank on, Miguel Cabrera is he. Willis, Beckett, and Cabrera will all be here for a good 7-10 years.

A lot of the Marlins financial success will come from a new stadium. If they get a new stadium there's no doubt they'll be able to lock up players like Beckett, Willis, Cabrera, ect!

Now according to ESPN the Mets would get Lugo from Tampa Bay to play 2nd but the Devil Rays would get Heliman from the Mets. While the Sox would get Lastings Millage BUT SENDING HANLEY RAMIREZ TO THE DEVIL RAYS. WTF. This has to be a very very late April Fools Joke. The Rays would get Heliman, Petit, Shoppach, Sanchez, and Hanley Ramirez... sounds too fishy to me.

Or the Red Sox are now being run by Cashman and Steinberner

RWhitney014 said:
After 2006, when he's still a year away from arbitration, they'll offer him 10 and 100. He could have signed with any team in Venezuela for a lot more money than we offered (believe it or not, the Twins had a standing offer worth more than our deal), but he chose to play for Florida. He is the unquestioned star of this team, he has a press that doesn't bother him, fans that love him, and a personality that fits Florida to a tee.

If there is one player the Marlins have ever had that they would break the bank on, Miguel Cabrera is he. Willis, Beckett, and Cabrera will all be here for a good 7-10 years.

Beckett won't stay healthy to play in this league (at an effective level) for 7-10 years.

RWhitney014 said:
Mike, we have the most creative GM in baseball here. We're always in on everything just in case.

I know your GM is good. But last week someone (maybe you maybe it was someone else) claimed the Marlins were a "small market team". Now you just gave Delgado big bucks this offseason. Are talking about picking up Manny and his huge contract. Anyone still want to convince me they are a small market team?

The Marlins go from big market to small market depending on if they are winning or not. I have never seen anything like it.

MikeO said:
I know your GM is good. But last week someone (maybe you maybe it was someone else) claimed the Marlins were a "small market team". Now you just gave Delgado big bucks this offseason. Are talking about picking up Manny and his huge contract. Anyone still want to convince me they are a small market team?

The Marlins go from big market to small market depending on if they are winning or not. I have never seen anything like it.

Someone else said it and I defended it. We are a small market team. That's why Pavano is a Yankee, Lee is a Cub, and Floyd is a Met. At the same time, though, we look for times when we can make a splash and fit it within our budget.

And what's wrong with aligning your payroll with your success? You typically aren't going to win a lot of games when you stink just by signing a whole lot of overpriced veterans. Arizona is trying it this year, and while I do think they have a pretty good shot at winning that division, they're still 50-55 and lucky to be in a horrible division.

Manny Ramirez is not going to be a Marlin. But what harm is there in calling and asking just in case Epstein says that he'll pay for the contract.

Ray Finkle said:
Now according to ESPN the Mets would get Lugo from Tampa Bay to play 2nd but the Devil Rays would get Heliman from the Mets. While the Sox would get Lastings Millage BUT SENDING HANLEY RAMIREZ TO THE DEVIL RAYS. WTF. This has to be a very very late April Fools Joke. The Rays would get Heliman, Petit, Shoppach, Sanchez, and Hanley Ramirez... sounds too fishy to me.

Or the Red Sox are now being run by Cashman and Steinberner
If Hanley is involved, I better hear the names Kasmir and Wright to the redsox...

It's all bs.

Hostile7 said:
If Hanley is involved, I better hear the names Kasmir and Wright to the redsox...

It's all bs.

I agree I think it's just another ESPN writer trying to get his name out there and have people read his articles. Theo said a few weeks ago that Hanley, Lester, Papelbon were basically untouchable.

Ray Finkle said:
I agree I think it's just another ESPN writer trying to get his name out there and have people read his articles. Theo said a few weeks ago that Hanley, Lester, Papelbon were basically untouchable.

When this many sources report a rumor, it's not BS. Exactly who's involved is a matter of conjecture, but it's pretty clear there was heavy discussion about some sort of three way deal involving M.Ramirez, Baez, Cameron, Huff and some prospects.

In any event, ESPN's baseball front page now says the deal is all but dead. So, Sox fans, you can all rest easy.

Back
Top Bottom