3 Yards Per Carry - Draft Recap | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3 Yards Per Carry - Draft Recap

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I hadn't really plugged the podcast on here aside from putting it in my signature, but thought I would put this out because it's the draft recap. Basically, it's the culmination of a lot of work, a lot of anticipation, etc...so maybe I can justify making a thread about it.

http://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/e/3ypc-dolphins-draft-recap-episode-16/
Three_YPC_iTunes.png

This is Simon Clancy (you old school FinHeaveners know him as Boomer), Alf Arteaga (you may know him as Section126), and myself.

We are part of the 5 Reasons Sports Network, the central podcast of which is hosted by Ethan Skolnick and Chris Wittyngham. There are other podcasts as part of the network (Ballscast with Chris Joseph and Kevin Mayer, Miami Heat Beat with Giancarlo Navas and associates).

Ethan and Chris started the original 5 Reasons podcast and after Ethan initially asked me if I wanted to write for a website he planned on starting, I pitched to him the idea of Simon, Alf, and I doing a podcast together under his banner instead, and the Network was born from there. We all work pretty closely together on the network and are building something we think is unique.

The 3 Yards Per Carry podcast is available on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, etc. Don't know if we're up on Spotify quite yet (under review) but if not probably pretty soon.

Anyway, enjoy and let us know what you think. If you follow the link to the Podbean page (or find us on iTunes, etc), you can listen to any of the previous five episodes we did.

Chris, I found the podcast through your twitter feed last week in time for your pre-draft podcast. It’s absolutely terrific. I especially like that you guys dig deep as there are no real time constraints. I’m about half way through the draft recap. Great work.

And, of course, I well remember posting with Boomer in the aughts. Big fan. Alf is great too. Love and appreciate the work.

I'm fairly confident we would have grabbed a quality QB prospect if indeed there was one avail that fit the slot.

I think we didn't because other teams made selections a few places before and we just moved on.

But I do NOT think we have an "ideal" situation behind Thill -- for the obvious reason regarding his knee (which we have to hope is good as new).

Interesting points about Gesicki and his blocking. Hopefully Gase can get on him and light the fire to do it consistently. It sounds like at times he can do some blocking but doesnt want to... maybe a couple years of gaining 'nfl strength' and technique, he can be better

Hope we do keep Gray for the reasons listed

Good stuff. How often will you be doing podcasts? I enjoyed the in-depth discussion.

I don't know if its just me, but Simon's mic sounded very muffled. Just a nitpick though, but just wanted to let you know in case there is any thought on upgrading equipment. When I listen to a podcast for a long time, bad audio quality starts to grate on me.

Good to see that Ethan Skolnick sorted out whatever issues he was dealing with to start this project.

Back
Top Bottom