3 Yards Per Carry - Draft Recap | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3 Yards Per Carry - Draft Recap

I like Roquan a lot, and think he will be a classic Bears linebacker. But, I’m just as happy, if not happier, with the guy we got. I agree with Grier in that I wouldn’t have traded up. Guys like Minkah are hard to find. He’s a top five type talent in any draft IMO, particularly when you consider work ethic, leadership, on top of a tough skill set to find. There are never that many elite free safeties, and we’ve got one.

Really enjoy listening to all of you guys, but Simon might be the best just because of his accent

Great listen. Makes me feel a bit better about Baker

We get that a lot. Actually come to think on it we get that reaction, and the complete opposite reaction. We get people telling us that Simon is too British and it's really hard for them to understand what he's saying. Basically saying, be more American, lol.

Good stuff. How often will you be doing podcasts? I enjoyed the in-depth discussion.

I don't know if its just me, but Simon's mic sounded very muffled. Just a nitpick though, but just wanted to let you know in case there is any thought on upgrading equipment. When I listen to a podcast for a long time, bad audio quality starts to grate on me.

Good to see that Ethan Skolnick sorted out whatever issues he was dealing with to start this project.

We are doing it weekly. I think eventually we're going to have to have a little session about our sound but for now we hope that you'll understand. He is Skyping from over in England.

We are doing it weekly. I think eventually we're going to have to have a little session about our sound but for now we hope that you'll understand. He is Skyping from over in England.

Ya I figured that was the case. That’s tough to get around. I think there ar some solutions out there for improving audio from video conferencing for podcasting purposes but they might be pricey.

I honestly thought there was a good chance Roquan would be available at 11.

I knew the Colts weren't going to take him, despite the popularity of having him mocked there. I also knew the Buccaneers were thinking about other things, that there would be trade downs. I never believed the 49ers would be so reactionary as to take Roquan because of the legal issues with Foster. Of late, I had heard the Raiders were thinking about an OT and there were all these rumors McGlinchey would be going Top 10.

Basically it was Chicago to dodge, and there had been so much connecting of Chicago and Minkah Fitzpatrick, Tremaine Edmunds, and I thought Derwin James had to be in there as well if he survived the Bucs.

But, Chicago ended up taking Roquan after all. Would we have taken Roquan over Minkah? Don't know the answer to that. They loved both players.

I once had a litigation with two experts, one English and one American. Bottom line - juries can think English people sound smarter. I’ve seen it play out. It can be a real thing.

Honestly, I love that so many of the British love American football. Simon’s knowledge and enthusiasm are striking. Heck, Simon talks about college towns in the south better than most Americans. He knows his &#@=

As I said in another thread, it almost couldn't have worked out better in the first two rounds. If you believe that they were interested in Smith, Fitzpatrick, James, and Edmunds, then 3 of the 4 were sitting there. About as good as could have been expected at 11. I literally jumped out of my chair when they announced that Arizona had moved up to 10. Everyone knew that was for Rosen and we were set to take a defender at 11.

Likewise having both Gesicki and Goedert sitting there for us is amazing. Assuming they didn't want Hurst over those two, they got to pick their choice at TE also. No trading up. No panicking. Sit in your spot and pick the guy you wanted.

I honestly thought there was a good chance Roquan would be available at 11.

I knew the Colts weren't going to take him, despite the popularity of having him mocked there. I also knew the Buccaneers were thinking about other things, that there would be trade downs. I never believed the 49ers would be so reactionary as to take Roquan because of the legal issues with Foster. Of late, I had heard the Raiders were thinking about an OT and there were all these rumors McGlinchey would be going Top 10.

Basically it was Chicago to dodge, and there had been so much connecting of Chicago and Minkah Fitzpatrick, Tremaine Edmunds, and I thought Derwin James had to be in there as well if he survived the Bucs.

But, Chicago ended up taking Roquan after all. Would we have taken Roquan over Minkah? Don't know the answer to that. They loved both players.

I am still curious about is why they didnt want Rosen when a team like Arizona traded up for him.

I am still curious about is why they didnt want Rosen when a team like Arizona traded up for him.

Because Bradford has become the modern day Steve Deberg. He is making a career of getting chased out of town by draft picks.

He was traded by the Rams who were planning on taking a QB #1 overall. Then Philly takes a QB at #2 overall. Minn grabs Cousins (little different this time), and now Arizona drafts Rosen.

Four times that Bradford is bumped by a new QB.

For you young guys, Deberg was in SF when they drafted Montana, in Denver when they drafted Elway, and in TB when they drafted Steve Young and Vinny Testaverde.

Don't know my friend. But know this. Jedd Fisch (Josh Rosen's coach at UCLA) and Adam Gase are BEST friends. They converse all the time. They spend time together each summer talking football.

If anyone had a bead on what Josh Rosen could mean to this team it's Adam Gase. And he was given the authority to make the call on whether we go for a QB.

Back
Top Bottom