-3 Yards Rushing??? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

-3 Yards Rushing???

Dmancari23 said:
Let me just point out, I have NEVER said Ronnie was a bust. I have only stated that the guy isn't living up to 1.) his contract 2.) his draft position, and 3.) the hype you guys put on him here. I've never seen a more mediocre player called great on so many repeated occassions in my life. That's all he has been in 1 1/2 seasons thus far. Mediocre. I too, believe that it is still far to early to call the guy a bust, which is why I haven't, but to say the guy has lived up to expectations and that draft position, is just absolutely ludacris. I hope he does pan out, but right now he's one injury away from being Ki-Jana Carter. So go back and look at my posts and you will see that I haven't come out and called him a bust. He's a dissapointment, but that's as far as I'm going with it at this point. I for one am very impressed with the kind of person he is off the field though. He's exactly the kind of player I would like on the team as opposed to the Randy McMichael's, Daunte Culpepper's, Marcus Vick's and Ricky William's of the world. He's definitely a standup guy so far. I just hope his play on the field catches up.

I apologize if you never called Ronnie a bust, I thought you did.....but where do you draw the line between a big disappointment (as you stated in one of your posts on this thread) and a bust? Just asking, not trying to be antagonistic.

Also, I disagree with your 3rd comment of Ronnie not living up to our hype (being the Ronnie homers). I would have to think the only people PUTTING hype on Ronnie Brown are the ones disappointed in him. You have put the hype of a big contract (an average #2 overall draft pick contract), and the #2 overall pick on him, not me or anyone else on this thread. Just because he was picked #2 overall does not mean he will be the next Ladanian Tomlinson....that's the hype you put on him, not me. I like him because, besides Ricky, he's the best running back we've had in Miami for years. He's also more dependable than Ricky...we don't have to worry if he will be here next year. He also has many intangibles that you look for in a running back......the ability to block, break tackles, and catch the ball out of the backfield. He's an all around back. Regardless of what you say, teams have to respect our running game with Ronnie in there...and that is why he is successful, and not a disappointment to me. He will get better by the way....mark my words.

And by the way, I don't think I have ever called Ronnie great. I love the guy, but he has some polishing to do before he is great. I do think he is good though.

[b said:
SkapePhin][/b]
Man, seriously what the hell are you talking about.. Do yourself a favor, log off, and save some face..

You were bashing a guy for a perfomance you didnt even see.. and to top it off, you used faulty information as the basis for your nonexistent argument.

You tried to pawn off some crap article as evidence that Harrington didnt score a TD, when in fact he did, and I knew this because I actually WATCHED the game.

aleta said:
I didn't WATCHED the game, that is all news already......
You don't need to WATCH a game to came with this conclusion, i was reading the play by play in the comp.....

You don't even watch the games and want to give your ridiculous assessment of the QB? Unfreakinbelievable. ShakePhin is exactly right, you should do yourself a favor and just not log in here with your ignorant comments. :shakeno:

-3 Yards???????????? WRONG!

Try +4 Yards!!!! We Rock!!! One more sack taken though...

http://www.startribune.com/510/story/825427.html

Turns out the Miami Dolphins running game Sunday wasn't as inept as it first appeared.

After reviewing film of the game, NFL chief statistical service Elias Sports Bureau changed a 7-yard rushing loss by Miami quarterback Joey Harrington to a team sack for the Vikings. Sacks do not count against rushing yards lost in the NFL, meaning that instead of the Dolphins having minus-3 yards on 14 carries, they will be credited with plus-4 yards.

If I was Gameplanning Against the Dolphins my strategy would be to shut down Ronnie Brown, and force Harrington to beat me.

Once Joey proves he can beat that gameplan consistently, Ronnie will have more room to run.

BlueFin said:
If I was Gameplanning Against the Dolphins my strategy would be to shut down Ronnie Brown, and force Harrington to beat me.

Once Joey proves he can beat that gameplan consistently, Ronnie will have more room to run.

SHhhhhh! You wanna give away our secrets?

nuttie_buddie said:
it will be great when rickycomes back next year....then we will have a killer run game

You mean the guy that has been suspended from the league twice now, the one that "retired" to smoke weed/travel with Lenny Kravitz, the one that has been injured more in Canada than he's played, and the one who now says he wants to stay in Canada?

Way too much going with this guy for so many fans on here to still be hitching their wagon to his return to NFL dominance.

Trekbiz said:
You mean the guy that has been suspended from the league twice now, the one that "retired" to smoke weed/travel with Lenny Kravitz, the one that has been injured more in Canada than he's played, and the one who now says he wants to stay in Canada?

Way too much going with this guy for so many fans on here to still be hitching their wagon to his return to NFL dominance.
ya that guy who also carried this team on his shoulder a couple of years before retiring

nuttie_buddie said:
ya that guy who also carried this team on his shoulder a couple of years before retiring

I'm not discounting that but that's a long time ago at this point. Ricky has yet to show he has the will or desire to be that player ever again. Not to mention he's getting older. He'll be in his 30's now trying to revive his NFL career with a lot of question marks surrounding him.

Just saying it's making one hell of an assumption that he'll come back and be a dominant back again.

Dmancari23 said:
Let me just point out, I have NEVER said Ronnie was a bust.

No, but you have said that RB is not a starting caliber back and you have said ronnie stinks. You also said he shouldn't have been taken at #2. So you may not have used the word 'bust' but you laid out the definition of a bust several times.

nuttie_buddie said:
welll true but i can hope right

Trust that I'm hoping as well.
He's just such a wild card that it would be a mistake for this organization to depend on his return.

Just think of him as a possible bonus.

rafael said:
No, but you have said that RB is not a starting caliber back and you have said ronnie stinks. You also said he shouldn't have been taken at #2. So you may not have used the word 'bust' but you laid out the definition of a bust several times.

He certainly has, over and over again.

Back
Top Bottom