3ypc-(kris Richard-coach Search) Episode 1.56 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3ypc-(kris Richard-coach Search) Episode 1.56

Section126

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
In this Episode, the guys discuss the hiring of Adam Gase by the NY Jets, go over the Coaching interviews the Miami Dolphins have had, and take a deep dive into their favorite candidate Kris Richard. They also discuss John Harbaugh, Eric Bieniemy, Brian Flores, Darren Rizzi and close the show with the Best/Worst Hires so far.

https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/e/3ypc-kris-richard-coach-search-episode-156/

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2

Great work, one of your best.

I agree with you guys that Flores at least on paper looks like a terrible option. I can’t imagine he would be able to bring any sense of confidence to the players or the fans.

Matt Rhule’s track record of rebuild/turnaround certainly seems like a very good fit. He at least deserves an interview. I can’t believe the Jets actually told him he couldn’t put together his own staff!?!?! Jets may be more disfunctional that us.

Harbaugh for a third is interesting but I am all in on Richard and I believe his ability to work under/with Marinelli shows that he can work well with other coaches and would have no problem putting together a great staff.

Good stuff. The Flores candidacy seems even worse than I thought. That really makes me nervous given the strong push for Richard to stay in Dallas. I’d really hope we’d have a stronger fall back option.

Another great episode for CK, Simon and Alf. Thanks!

But, I'm not buying Cliff Avril's ultra-positive spin on the Kris Richard firing. I'm OK with it happening, because I'm confident that Chris Grier knows the truth. I agree with CK that the only reason we look so intently at Kris Richard above the other candidates is because Chris Grier is close with Pete Carroll, and Carroll thinks highly of him and put in a good word. But I'm calling BS on Cliff Avril's take on how it was a mutual decision and how it was to help Richard spread his wings. Something happened, and either Avril is not privy to it, or Avril is covering it up.

But, I'm not buying Cliff Avril's ultra-positive spin on the Kris Richard firing. I'm OK with it happening, because I'm confident that Chris Grier knows the truth. I agree with CK that the only reason we look so intently at Kris Richard above the other candidates is because Chris Grier is close with Pete Carroll, and Carroll thinks highly of him and put in a good word. But I'm calling BS on Cliff Avril's take on how it was a mutual decision and how it was to help Richard spread his wings. Something happened, and either Avril is not privy to it, or Avril is covering it up.

Yeah that definitely sounded like the fluffy, media-friendly explanation. The parts about him blitzing too much and wanting to do his own thing make sense, but then no way that would result in a team deciding to sack someone for their own benefit.

that was all in an article that came out when he got fired from seattle

Maybe … but I don't believe it.
I think whatever happened, he wasnt fired for production, because quite honestly, they didnt do that bad his final year. They had trouble against the run but still ended up 6th vs the pass. I'll take that any day of the week considering the injuries.

And it really doesnt appear to be because of the players.

With those 2 assumptions in mind, I dont think it really matters to the Fins situation.

If you look at the defensive rankings while Richard was DC in Seattle, you will see the defense had an off year in 2017, probably due to some injuries and all so he was the fall guy....

How does a Patriots fan know if Flores interview went well or not? CK says sources told him the interview doesn’t blow them out of the water - yet in this episode it’s revealed it’s a big patriots fan?

I must have missed the discussion about Harbaugh, what was said?

I could buy that, but that would be sort of really a spin on what was ultimately an impasse on the management of the defense, not as a paternalistic "you have arrived young man, it is now time for you to expand and your options here are expended".

Back
Top Bottom