49ers FIRE Mike Nolan | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

49ers FIRE Mike Nolan

Nolan was the d-coordinator for the ny giants before he became 49ers coach... and the giants defense under him was top notch... i'll take him in miami!!!

if he'd be an upgrade Paul Pasqualoni, and if he was in NY with parcells he would have used LT there, and can do the same with porter. He can probably give us a better D overall.

I would like to see alot more coaches look professional and wear suits though. The NFL needs to quit making these coaches wear some of the ridiculous looking stuff they allow them to choose from in order to promote the league merchandise.

And Bellicheat should be banned from wearing hoodies. For christ sakes, if its cold give the guy a sharp looking sweater and say wear this. Although a nice suit and a professional looking overcoat would be much better. Can you imagine Lombardi standing on the sidelines in those old clips wearing a freakin hoodie? What is he, in middle school???

what are we? we're probably not much better. Though i dont see anyone hiring and firing assist. coaches or coordinators DURING the season.

We're 21st. Why not during the season? the 49ers just fired Nolan DURING the season. Although I don't expect us to go that route because I think we're headed in the right direction...

Maybe that's what you were referring to.

How bout the 49ers giving a class act like Mike Singletary a shot at the HC position??:up:

How bout the 49ers giving a class act like Mike Singletary a shot at the HC position??:up:

That's what I'm talking about. I've been banging around alot of years about letting Mike have his go. That man is, in the modern era, one of the best players at any position ever. He's a student of the game.

Not saying that he was a great coach, or the right man for the job, but what is San Francisco realistically expecting with the guy? Like ChambersWI said, it's not like they made any significant improvements for him. I guess his major downfall was being the guy who drafted Alex Smith, a move that appears to have really set the franchise back. Although maybe if they got a more offensive oriented guy, Smith could play? He was pretty solid under Norv Turner when he was their OC. Now it's Martz and that guy is out of his mind.

I will miss Mike Nolan though, his snazzy suits. All coaches should wear suits!

Not saying that he was a great coach, or the right man for the job, but what is San Francisco realistically expecting with the guy? Like ChambersWI said, it's not like they made any significant improvements for him. I guess his major downfall was being the guy who drafted Alex Smith, a move that appears to have really set the franchise back. Although maybe if they got a more offensive oriented guy, Smith could play? He was pretty solid under Norv Turner when he was their OC. Now it's Martz and that guy is out of his mind.

I will miss Mike Nolan though, his snazzy suits. All coaches should wear suits!
:lol: Yes indeed sir.....Yes indeed.

They really should. You'd never see Tom Landy walking the sidelines in a Cowboys hoody and sweat band. Hank Stram would be wearing a shirt and tie not some "Chiefs Football" sweat shirt. It's ridiculous that coaches in any sport (including baseball) wear team apparrell.

He's been relieved of his head coaching duties in San Franciso.

Who wants a swift kick in the nuts if they start a thread about him landing with the Dolphins because he's a "Parcells guy?"

:foundout:

Mike Nolan is a damn good defensive coordinator, probably much better than the one we currently have and if you want to run the 3-4 Nolan knows it to a tee.

Nolan was the d-coordinator for the ny giants before he became 49ers coach... and the giants defense under him was top notch... i'll take him in miami!!!

Actually he was with the Giants in the 90's . He was the coordinator for the Ravens during thier best defensive years.

He was my first choice to coach the fins.
Im glad to see someone finally gave him a shot at HC. He is class class class

I think Holmgren lands in San Francisco at the end of the year..either as HC or GM..maybe both?

I wouldn't mind Nolan here as one of the D coaches..he just sucks in the HC role..thats all. Poor clock management.

Back
Top Bottom