49ers Will Not Sign Boston | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

49ers Will Not Sign Boston

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3564628
Nolan also doesn't anticipate signing controversial free agent receiver David Boston, who made a positive impression on the 49ers during an interview last month. San Francisco didn't land a receiver with its first four picks in the draft, and the club desperately needs quality wideouts - but Nolan seems to believe Boston's risks outweigh his benefits.

"I don't foresee it happening," Nolan said. "(The possibility) might be squashed in the draft. If we don't (draft a receiver), we would certainly consider it. I'll be frank with you. If it happens, it will happen on my terms. Otherwise, it's a contradiction to everything I've said as far as reputation goes."
Also, the 49ers drafted a WR today. I hope we can re-sign Boston to be our #3.

Ohio Fanatic said:
lets cross our fingers
Saban was saying in his post-draft News Conference that he wanted to add a big deep threat WR, but he wasn't able to. Looks like Saban does want to add another WR, lets just keep our fingers crossed that it is Boston.

Hopefully we can get him for cheap on a 1 or 2 year deal. Would be a nice pick up, because I still want to see what Chambers, Boston and Booker look like playing together.

As much as I supported letting Boston go, I would be fine with a minimum + modest incentives sort of deal for him. If he gets his head screwed on straight, he could be for us what Marcus Robinson was in the Scott Linehan offense up in Minnesota.

The man has so much potential, if he can stay straight, we would have one hell of an offense!

How can you guys be so excited about a guy that the Dolphins released and have shown no interest in resigning so far. San Francisco which "desperately needs quality wideouts", thinks the risk outweighs his benefits. NO TEAM has shown any interest in signing him.

I'm sure he'll go to camp with someone but I have to think these GM's know something we don't. There's a reason for no one having any interest. Medical? Mental? I certainly wouldn't put much hope in Boston. Certainly, I wouldn't make comments like -wow Chambers, Booker, Boston, McMichael and Brown. How can anyone put him in that list. I'm thinking if he really had a good shot of being good enough to win the 3rd WR position, then there would be more interest in him.

caneaddict said:
How can you guys be so excited about a guy that the Dolphins released and have shown no interest in resigning so far. San Francisco which "desperately needs quality wideouts", thinks the risk outweighs his benefits. NO TEAM has shown any interest in signing him.

I'm sure he'll go to camp with someone but I have to think these GM's know something we don't. There's a reason for no one having any interest. Medical? Mental? I certainly wouldn't put much hope in Boston. Certainly, I wouldn't make comments like -wow Chambers, Booker, Boston, McMichael and Brown. How can anyone put him in that list. I'm thinking if he really had a good shot of being good enough to win the 3rd WR position, then there would be more interest in him.

Why does San Francisco "desperately need quality wideouts"?

Back
Top Bottom