49ers Will Not Sign Boston | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

49ers Will Not Sign Boston

dolfan005 said:
to me boston is in a similar situation to ricky's...obivous talent although boston is not as proven, but if he'll let ricky back then why not DB??

Boston's situation is not similar in that he has a far worse injury history and (in fairness) not as severe a history of off the field problems. As bad as off the field stuff is, injuries are what end the careers of most players. There is a distinct possibility that he'll never be the same player he was even last offseason again due to this tendon injury as I remember hearing from people who work in the medical field and those who have had similar sounding injuries.

We're reading this as maybe getting Boston back cheap, but there is probably an equal or better chance this means it is the end of the road for Boston.

Guys, don't get me wrong. IF we sign Boston to a very low base salary contract and he is a Doliphin, I'll be praying that he regains his form from his early days. IF he's able to do that then clearly we would have a great receiving core. Just sounds like a big IF and I'm not holding my breath. So far Saban hasn't shown any interest. I trust Saban. Doesn't make much sense to me. That's why I'm thinking there must be a medical reason people are worried about him. I don't think steroids is an issue.

When he went to San Diego, he maade all kinds of demands regarding his training and useage on the field (wanted to only play like 2 plays in a row and then be given a play or two off so he could be at max power). I like Zach Thomas, Jason Taylor, Matt Roth type guys that just LOVE to play. Those guys could care less what you ask them to do and just want to help the team and play at 100% every down. Those are the type of players winning teams are made of. Somehow David Boston reminds me more of a New Orleans type of player.

Jimmy James said:
Boston's situation is not similar in that he has a far worse injury history and (in fairness) not as severe a history of off the field problems. As bad as off the field stuff is, injuries are what end the careers of most players. There is a distinct possibility that he'll never be the same player he was even last offseason again due to this tendon injury as I remember hearing from people who work in the medical field and those who have had similar sounding injuries.

We're reading this as maybe getting Boston back cheap, but there is probably an equal or better chance this means it is the end of the road for Boston.

That is what I am worried about. The guy couldn't pass the Dolphins physical so no one knows right now if he can be the same player again.

caneaddict said:
How can you guys be so excited about a guy that the Dolphins released and have shown no interest in resigning so far. San Francisco which "desperately needs quality wideouts", thinks the risk outweighs his benefits. NO TEAM has shown any interest in signing him.

I'm sure he'll go to camp with someone but I have to think these GM's know something we don't. There's a reason for no one having any interest. Medical? Mental? I certainly wouldn't put much hope in Boston. Certainly, I wouldn't make comments like -wow Chambers, Booker, Boston, McMichael and Brown. How can anyone put him in that list. I'm thinking if he really had a good shot of being good enough to win the 3rd WR position, then there would be more interest in him.

Boston is still rehabbing so he is unlikely to sign with anyone until he's healthy. Saban told Boston he was welcome back at a min + incentives contract. Boston's agent said they were amenable to that but wanted to explore all their options first. I think Miami is his most likely destination.

Back
Top Bottom