49ers Will Not Sign Boston | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

49ers Will Not Sign Boston

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
Why does San Francisco "desperately need quality wideouts"?

The ones they have SUCK.

I percieve the Niners as being equally bad at RB, WR, and QB (pre-draft), but the fans I talked to swear WR is the biggest problem and that the lack of WR just made QB and RB look even worse than they are in reality. I figure they know better than I would since I don't follow the team...

Boston is still a quality receiver regardless of his past so it is worth giving him another chance if we can sign him for the minimum wit incentives

Jimmy James said:
The ones they have SUCK.

I percieve the Niners as being equally bad at RB, WR, and QB (pre-draft), but the fans I talked to swear WR is the biggest problem and that the lack of WR just made QB and RB look even worse than they are in reality. I figure they know better than I would since I don't follow the team...

they have yet to act like a team that feels like they are in desperate need of wide outs

dolphan9954 said:
Boston is still a quality receiver regardless of his past so it is worth giving him another chance if we can sign him for the minimum wit incentives

That's the key IF. If him and his agent are willing to sign for the minimum with incentives. Of course the longer he goes unemployed the more willing to do so, they will become.

I am sure at some point, if no-one else gets itchy, he will have no choice BUT to accept those terms. Heck if it goes on long enough, he may have to just suck it up at the league minimum for a year or two without incentives.

caneaddict said:
How can you guys be so excited about a guy that the Dolphins released and have shown no interest in resigning so far. San Francisco which "desperately needs quality wideouts", thinks the risk outweighs his benefits. NO TEAM has shown any interest in signing him.

I'm sure he'll go to camp with someone but I have to think these GM's know something we don't. There's a reason for no one having any interest. Medical? Mental? I certainly wouldn't put much hope in Boston. Certainly, I wouldn't make comments like -wow Chambers, Booker, Boston, McMichael and Brown. How can anyone put him in that list. I'm thinking if he really had a good shot of being good enough to win the 3rd WR position, then there would be more interest in him.

Cause we're some wild and crazy guys!

After not drafting a WR in this draft, I'd love to give Boston another shot with an incentive based contract.

It's either that or we go out and sign Ike Hilliard(sigh).

Cedric_Benson said:
wasnt it like wally aggunalie or something?

What-ever did happen to him

dude...are you talking about Adawale Ogunleye? The DE that we traded LAST YEAR?!

I have no problem with resigning him to the minimum with an incentive laden contract, but, let's just keep his @$$ away from any intra-squad scrimmages with Houston.

to me boston is in a similar situation to ricky's...obivous talent although boston is not as proven, but if he'll let ricky back then why not DB??

One year contract, veteran minimum, yeah I wouldn't mind seeing him back. Just don't count on him for anything.

If Boston wants to play football than he'd come back for the minimum. Who knows if he even wants to play?

Back
Top Bottom