#5 and X Howard to Lions for #3? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

#5 and X Howard to Lions for #3?

supernintimdo

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Thoughts on a potential trade:

Would the Lions take Howard, a shutdown CB (with injury issues) and the number 5 pick to let us move up to number 3? Is Howard worth the difference between the 3rd and 5th picks, or would we need to sweeten the deal?

Was Byron Jones brought in for this reason? Paying two superstar CB contracts is tough and Howard has some injury concerns. We could reload at CB in the draft with multiple picks if we wanted. Rookie contracts are nice and cheap these days.

Is this a better trade than giving up draft picks? You can never have enough Corners and I absolutely love the idea of Jones and Howard locking down our secondary. But for the QB of the future, would you accept this trade?

I'd do it...with Washington.

Take X and #5 and give us #2 and Williams (and his headaches)...with the thought in mind that he take's the same type of contract Constanzo took before we pull the trigger. We draft his replacement within those 3 years.

Thoughts on a potential trade:

Would the Lions take Howard, a shutdown CB (with injury issues) and the number 5 pick to let us move up to number 3? Is Howard worth the difference between the 3rd and 5th picks, or would we need to sweeten the deal?

Was Byron Jones brought in for this reason? Paying two superstar CB contracts is tough and Howard has some injury concerns. We could reload at CB in the draft with multiple picks if we wanted. Rookie contracts are nice and cheap these days.

Is this a better trade than giving up draft picks? You can never have enough Corners and I absolutely love the idea of Jones and Howard locking down our secondary. But for the QB of the future, would you accept this trade?

If I read the chart right, the move to #3 is about 500 points - R2 guy. I'm out.

How’s getting Chargers to trade up a spot and getting their 4th rounder so they can be guaranteed of Herbert and we take Tua? I think it’ll work!

I really don’t see a team willing to trade for Howard at this time. He has really had only one outstanding season since coming into the league and he has missed many games because of injury. He has the DV issue which the NFL has to make a determination on and he is also probably overpaid considering the number of games he has missed over his career.

I think it will easier to trade Howard after the season if he is able to remain injury free and he plays at the level he did in 2018 and if they are looking to reduce the salary they are paying at the CB position.

Wasn't this same thread around 3 or 4 weeks ago.
This trade isn't happening.
Makes no sense.
Dolphins will stay put at #5 and take Tua or Herbert.
Why create another hole when Howard and Jones will be one of the best CB tandems in the league .

Back
Top Bottom