#5 and X Howard to Lions for #3? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

#5 and X Howard to Lions for #3?

I respect your opinion. I just don't see it happening. That's my story and I'm sticking to it....lol
I'd love for you to be right. But, once the draft really starts and all the pressure to succeed starts messing with the GMs and FO staff QBs may come flying off the board. The Pats might trade up. Belichick speaks to Saban, he knows all about Tua you can be sure. They let Brady walk, maybe they have a plan. Same with San Diego and Gruden is always a wild card. Like I say I hope you're right. I hope Tua and Herbert are there and we can take our choice. Final thought-it's not about who has the best career in college, it's about who will be the better pro QB. Remember Tebow, great college player. Pro, not so much!

I'd love for you to be right. But, once the draft really starts and all the pressure to succeed starts messing with the GMs and FO staff QBs may come flying off the board. The Pats might trade up. Belichick speaks to Saban, he knows all about Tua you can be sure. They let Brady walk, maybe they have a plan. Same with San Diego and Gruden is always a wild card. Like I say I hope you're right. I hope Tua and Herbert are there and we can take our choice. Final thought-it's not about who has the best career in college, it's about who will be the better pro QB. Remember Tebow, great college player. Pro, not so much!
Not a Tua worshipper, but the Tebow comparison is really a baseless stretch.

Everyone, except apparently some fool in Denver, knew TT was not an NFL QB. The better comp might be Charlie Ward, if you want to go with a Heisman winner. He was a smaller guy who had some talent. He just realized he would get beaten senseless, and had roundball as a viable alternative.

I think you'd have to give up #39 which is the value chart variance if they only want that. Keep in mind, it's a sellers market and everyone knows we have a warchest so full we can't get the lid closed. If you give up Howard which would be overpayment in this scenario as he's worth a 1 IF we trade him, we just have another hole to fill with the picks we have.

You are comparing Tebow to Tua now? Wow.

Are Howard’s legal troubles over yet? If they aren’t, that might be an impediment in any trade scenario.

Are Howard’s legal troubles over yet? If they aren’t, that might be an impediment in any trade scenario.
Charges were dropped. Don't know if Goodell's kangaroo court of civic righteousness will still potentially suspend though. Evidently you are only innocent until being proved guilty outside of the NFL.

I am not comparing Tua to Tebow, they are totally different prospects. I'm just reminding that for every Peyton there's a Brady Quinn. If Tua's health holds out he'll be a great pro QB. I just hope it's as a Miami Dolphin.

18 & 26 for 3? 3rd on Tua, 5th on Simmons or Juedy

Danny, I think Burrow, Herbert and Tua will all be gone before we draft.
I don't. I think both Tua and Herbert will still be there at pick 5. Detroit is trying to fool teams into trading up to 3. Don't think it is going to work. Too many questions surrounding both Tua and Herbert for any team to trade into the top 3 for either.

It's amazing how we now have two great CBs and now people want to trade one...when we get two great OTs, are we going to trade one of them too? We've had a need at CB for the last however many years and now that it's not a need, people are wanting to trade someone away.

I get that he has had some knee problems and off the field issues, but you can't let him go for pennies on the dollar.

Thoughts on a potential trade:

Would the Lions take Howard, a shutdown CB (with injury issues) and the number 5 pick to let us move up to number 3? Is Howard worth the difference between the 3rd and 5th picks, or would we need to sweeten the deal?

Was Byron Jones brought in for this reason? Paying two superstar CB contracts is tough and Howard has some injury concerns. We could reload at CB in the draft with multiple picks if we wanted. Rookie contracts are nice and cheap these days.

Is this a better trade than giving up draft picks? You can never have enough Corners and I absolutely love the idea of Jones and Howard locking down our secondary. But for the QB of the future, would you accept this trade?

X's contract is actually trade-friendly, which might be reasonable, but no X will be a Dolphin. because he is a BOSS!

Wasn't this same thread around 3 or 4 weeks ago.
This trade isn't happening.
Makes no sense.
Dolphins will stay put at #5 and take Tua or Herbert.
Why create another hole when Howard and Jones will be one of the best CB tandems in the league .
For the money, they better be THE best CB tandem in the league.

Back
Top Bottom