5 most overhyped teams according to The Sporting News | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

5 most overhyped teams according to The Sporting News

Expo88, what are you talking about, Bledsoe getting old? He's 30, the same age as the Dolphins QB and younger than 14 other starting QBs in the league. Bledsoe is just entering his prime when QBs really blossom. The best QBs in the league are between 30-32 years old. Would you call Kordell Stewart, Steve McNair, Trent Green or Jeff Garcia old? Because Bledsoe is within a year of Stewart and McNair and younger than Green and Garcia.
And the injury thing is just stupid. He obtained one freak injury last season but prior to that was one of the healthiest players in the league.

Originally posted by LetsGoBuffalo
Expo88, what are you talking about, Bledsoe getting old? He's 30, the same age as the Dolphins QB and younger than 14 other starting QBs in the league. Bledsoe is just entering his prime when QBs really blossom. The best QBs in the league are between 30-32 years old. Would you call Kordell Stewart, Steve McNair, Trent Green or Jeff Garcia old? Because Bledsoe is within a year of Stewart and McNair and younger than Green and Garcia.
And the injury thing is just stupid. He obtained one freak injury last season but prior to that was one of the healthiest players in the league.

Bledsoe is NOT entering his prime lmao. He's on the downslide. He's been QB'ing since he was 21 in the NFL and is beginning to look like post 94 Marino body wise. On the flip side Jay is going into only his 3rd full season at Qb.

Your examples sucked to.

Kordell Stewart. Had his best year by far after 5 pretty crappy years. Took him 6 years to put up a completion percentage lower then Jay and to throw for less yards then Jay and to have less TD's then Jay.

Trent Green.......pffffffft. Too easy

Garcia. Product of the West Coast offense. Has a good future ahead of him and has very little wear and tear since he's only QB'd for 2 years in the NFL.

McNair. Now this guy I like. Won't argue with this one beyond his perculiar injuries that make me wonder about his future.

I wasn't using those players to compare abilities with Bledsoe, I was using their ages. Generally these 4 players would be thought of as young QBs, however they're all within a year or older than Bledsoe.

If you want to compare abilities, Favre, Gannon, Brunell, Brad Johnson and Warner are all older than Bledsoe and they are the best QBs in the league in their early 30s. The early 30s is the age that QBs hit their peak.

Originally posted by LetsGoBuffalo

I agree that it takes some QB's a little time to work their way into their prime but Bledsoe is not an example of that. He is a man who has taken a tremendous beating behind a very suspect line for several years. Part of the reason he's taken such a beating is the fact that his line has sucked but the other part- actually a major part- is the fact that he's about as mobile as a statue.

Unlike the examples you threw out there, Bledsoe has a ton of miles on him and they are really betginning to show. His productivity has steadily declined for several seasons while the team around him has essentially stayed the same. If you need an example of how "great" Bledsoe is just take a look at the team as soon as he went down: they started winning.

I'm not going to rehash all of Van's arguments (good post Van) as he made them as succinct and as well as anyone else could have.

It's time to face the fact that Bledsoe is definitely an improvement over what you guys had but he's not the HOF'er or even the top tier QB you want him to be. At this stage of his career he is a servicable QB at best, and an injury waiting to happen if he doesn't have a good line in front of him at worst.

Ok, then where would you rate Bledsoe in the leagues QBs, top 5, 10, 15, 20?

Let's just say that New England didn't trade him to a division rival because they thought he was betterthan Brady. Where would you rate Brady? Top 5, 10, 15, 20?

Bledsoe has been and always will be super-overrated.

During minicamp they were saying how Bledsoe has added 20 pounds of muscle and is in his best shape in 5 years. I know he does have some mileage on him but he seems to be very motivated right now which can't be a bad thing. We have all seen him play many times. It seems as if he always did well against the Bills, but from what I read from you guys he seemed to struggle against the phins. I couldn't really say because I didn't see him play the phins too often to remember. With our upgraded line, WRs, and TEs Bledsoe should have many targets to through to. You guys our right about his mobility. If our new line takes too long to gel the early portion of the season may be lost. I for one think that Travis Henry will be a very productive NFL back(possibly even a pro bowler some day), and that is just my opinion and I may be proven wrong, but he just runs so hard that if he had any blocking he should be dangerous. These are my true feelings about the Bills upcoming season. Rip on them all you want but at least I am being honest!

LetsGoBuffalo, A QB's age is more accurately stated in seasons played rather than years old. To call Bledsoe young as a person is correct, but as a QB, he is definatley in the 2nd half of his career, perhaps the last 1/3 of it, depending on your offensice line.

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
It seems as if he always did well against the Bills, but from what I read from you guys he seemed to struggle against the phins.

Struggle would be putting it mildly. Lets just say he was maybe a notch up on Rob Johnson vs the phins. If Rob Johnson was a 2 on a scale of 10 then Bledsoe was maybe a 3.5.

History doesn't bode to well for teams taking on veteran QB's when they are on the downturn of their careers. Just ask a Chiefs fan........they are well aware of high hopes and crushed expectations on aquiring veteran QB's.

Back
Top Bottom