5 Raven Free Agents who could be fits w/ Miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

5 Raven Free Agents who could be fits w/ Miami

He played for $2.5 million last year…
Just a fantastic pickup by Baltimore. The good teams do that.

I would suspect Clowney would at least double that with a new contract. Maybe $8-9 million even.

Sorry Travis, that's a Brian Miller article. Dude is a total wanker and an idiot.

But in regards to the topic, not even clicking that article, the Ravens FA are gonna be too expensive for us most likely.

You are being way too kind in your assessment of Miller

Unless Wilkins is traded don’t expect Miami to be picking up free agents. They are going to want the 3rd round comp for Wilkins. I imagine if they let Wilkins/avg and either Williams or Hunt they may get a 3rd a 4th and a 5th, possibly two 3rds but can’t go crazy signing free agents especially those like queen who will wipe out any compensation for Wilkins. Maybe they tag and trade which would allow them to sign but can’t just let Wilkins go for nothing.

Unless Wilkins is traded don’t expect Miami to be picking up free agents. They are going to want the 3rd round comp for Wilkins. I imagine if they let Wilkins/avg and either Williams or Hunt they may get a 3rd a 4th and a 5th, possibly two 3rds but can’t go crazy signing free agents especially those like queen who will wipe out any compensation for Wilkins. Maybe they tag and trade which would allow them to sign but can’t just let Wilkins go for nothing.
There's that tag and trade. My memory is not great...does this happen often?

CW isn't going anywhere IMO. No fancy stats to backup my claim. Call it a hunch. The guy loves being here and his teammates love him being here. A middle road will be found.

Just a fantastic pickup by Baltimore. The good teams do that.

I would suspect Clowney would at least double that with a new contract. Maybe $8-9 million even.
Maybe $4 or $5? $8 seems a bit high for him at this stage, but his production was really good in that defense. Not sure why they wouldn’t just bring him back? he’s pretty cheap either way…

not to rain on your parade but we need to clear 51mill off the camp just to be even....that's 51mill.........once we get there we have 29 free agents and of course we don’t want a lot of them back but for the ones we want back, we need to clear even more space and I mean a lot of more space but thinking about getting free agents from other teams at this point is a pipe dream.

Clowny would just be another disinterested player looking for a paycheck like Fuller

There's that tag and trade. My memory is not great...does this happen often?

CW isn't going anywhere IMO. No fancy stats to backup my claim. Call it a hunch. The guy loves being here and his teammates love him being here. A middle road will be found.

Think they can put a transition tag and yeah it happens however my fear is Grier and him had a handshake deal that he played last year and would be able to test the market this year since they couldn’t come to terms.

Think they can put a transition tag and yeah it happens however my fear is Grier and him had a handshake deal that he played last year and would be able to test the market this year since they couldn’t come to terms.
Guess we will find out in time.

not to rain on your parade but we need to clear 51mill off the camp just to be even....that's 51mill.........once we get there we have 29 free agents and of course we don’t want a lot of them back but for the ones we want back, we need to clear even more space and I mean a lot of more space but thinking about getting free agents from other teams at this point is a pipe dream.
Trade Tua now for whatever you can get. Another year of one and done will only drop his stock further. Problem is, not sure what team would take him off our hands now.

Back
Top Bottom