5 Raven Free Agents who could be fits w/ Miami | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

5 Raven Free Agents who could be fits w/ Miami

not to rain on your parade but we need to clear 51mill off the camp just to be even....that's 51mill.........once we get there we have 29 free agents and of course we donā€™t want a lot of them back but for the ones we want back, we need to clear even more space and I mean a lot of more space but thinking about getting free agents from other teams at this point is a pipe dream.
I'm confused. Overthecap has us at 46 players right now under contract; 5 short of the 51 that's counted. I know we have a few big names to sign but of those other 29 free agents, most are just JAGS that get swapped out with other JAGS we already have under contract if we do decide to keep them. So I think in reality, its the 51M + whatever it takes to re-sign a couple of the bigger name FAs. Still a big number, but certainly doable with the options that we have.

I'm confused. Overthecap has us at 46 players right now under contract; 5 short of the 51 that's counted. I know we have a few big names to sign but of those other 29 free agents, most are just JAGS that get swapped out with other JAGS we already have under contract if we do decide to keep them. So I think in reality, its the 51M + whatever it takes to re-sign a couple of the bigger name FAs. Still a big number, but certainly doable with the options that we have.
while many of the free agents are jags.......we have plenty of players we'd like to keep that are free agents and that list includes , Wilkins, AVG, Hunt,Williams, Elliott,Brandon Jones just to name a few

while many of the free agents are jags.......we have plenty of players we'd like to keep that are free agents and that list includes , Wilkins, AVG, Hunt,Williams, Elliott,Brandon Jones just to name a few
Both Elliott and Jones aren't gonna have any significant impact on the cap. Each could be had for less than 2M. Its really just Hunt, Williams and AVG that are the big names to sign. Still think there's enough room to make some moves if we sign those 3. Or we could go after someone else to replace any one of them. Same goes for Wilkins. But if we do re-sign all 4 of them, that's probably the end of our moves. But doing something like cutting Baker to sign Queen is always possible since Bakers cap savings next year could potentially offset the 1st year cap hit for Queen.

Agree with the list as keepers, but thatā€™s ā€œWEā€ as fans would prefer to keep these guys, does upper management feel the same way?

Weā€™ve already experienced them throwing JAGs into the mix at certain positions as an ā€œanyone can be replacedā€ mentality to reduce cap ramifications.
FA coming up weā€™ll find out soon enough.

Maybe they have the thought process Why get a Clark bar, when you can get a Zagnut for half the price?

(And for the peanut gallery,
NO, Butterfingers are not for the WRā€™s)

I have a question for you guys that are more in the know than myself. Everybody is talking about cutting X. Has his value fallen that much that we can't trade him? Maybe it is cheaper to cut him than trade him? That is why I am asking.

I have a question for you guys that are more in the know than myself. Everybody is talking about cutting X. Has his value fallen that much that we can't trade him? Maybe it is cheaper to cut him than trade him? That is why I am asking.
I would think his contract plus his decline in play, makes him untradeable.

Both Elliott and Jones aren't gonna have any significant impact on the cap. Each could be had for less than 2M. Its really just Hunt, Williams and AVG that are the big names to sign. Still think there's enough room to make some moves if we sign those 3. Or we could go after someone else to replace any one of them. Same goes for Wilkins. But if we do re-sign all 4 of them, that's probably the end of our moves. But doing something like cutting Baker to sign Queen is always possible since Bakers cap savings next year could potentially offset the 1st year cap hit for Queen.
Disagree, Elliott had a pretty nice year, no way he signs another contract that low. Jones, I could maybe see in that range, depends if someone (us or another team) signs him as a depth or to start

Not a very meaty article but something to discuss

Queen will probably want to be paid more than Jerome Baker is currently making, so even with cap cuts and such not sure about that one, but it would be intriguing

I did like David Longā€™s play this year.
something has to be done about LBs in pass coverage. they got smoked all year. at least long was tough and great agains t the run. baker not worth the money imo. anyway not sure how much of the problem was scheme, and how much is these guys just cant cover

something has to be done about LBs in pass coverage. they got smoked all year. at least long was tough and great agains t the run. baker not worth the money imo. anyway not sure how much of the problem was scheme, and how much is these guys just cant cover
we haven't had good lbers in years, need an upgrade

Back
Top Bottom