#5- What a spot to be! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

#5- What a spot to be!

DUB

Finheaven VIP
Club Member
Reaction score
To me it’s simple-
Tua, Burrow, Okudah, Simmons, Young. I hope we don’t blow all these assets falling in love with a guy & overpay to move up. We know qb comes before all, but I think we’re set up for an impact player at 5.

Phins up!

To me it’s simple-
Tua, Burrow, Okudah, Simmons, Young. I hope we don’t blow all these assets falling in love with a guy & overpay to move up. We know qb comes before all, but I think we’re set up for an impact player at 5.

Phins up!

Burrow is worth moving up for!

To me it’s simple-

Phins up!
I believe Miami could be interested in Burrow, but Cincinnati is also desperate for a quarterback. Now if the Bengals like Herbert, perhaps a deal gets done.

To me, it's still Burrow and Tua as legitimate top 10 picks. Doesn't mean Herbert won't go top 10 and that he could end up being a good quarterback.

I also believe it's about 80 percent that the Dolphins take a quarterback with their first pick, or potentially with a trade up. Waiting until 2021 just doesn't make sense, unless you don't believe in any of these quarterbacks and I don't think that will be the case.

The Tua Mafia is gonna kill me, but I'm scared of his injuries. First I didn't believe in Rosen and I got killed. Now I don't believe in Tua's health, and I'm sure I'm gonna get killed again. I went to bat for Fitzmagic being a fun but a little too good of a QB to tank ... right again, and killed for it. I called Fitzmagic definitely the better of the two QB's ... again, killed for it. At this point ... I'm used to the pushback, but whomever we draft to play QB is going to need some transition time, is going to throw some INT's, and is going to struggle to generate offense from time to time.

Personally, since I'm in broken-record mode ... I'll just say what I've said to many times in the past ... if a good deal comes along for the #5 pick, and we don't have the QB we want available ... trade the F down.

The Tua Mafia is gonna kill me, but I'm scared of his injuries. First I didn't believe in Rosen and I got killed. Now I don't believe in Tua's health, and I'm sure I'm gonna get killed again. I went to bat for Fitzmagic being a fun but a little too good of a QB to tank ... right again, and killed for it. I called Fitzmagic definitely the better of the two QB's ... again, killed for it. At this point ... I'm used to the pushback, but whomever we draft to play QB is going to need some transition time, is going to throw some INT's, and is going to struggle to generate offense from time to time.

Personally, since I'm in broken-record mode ... I'll just say what I've said to many times in the past ... if a good deal comes along for the #5 pick, and we don't have the QB we want available ... trade the F down.
You arent the only one scared of Tuas injuries. Oh and you will get flamed no matter what you say here.

Maybe we like Herbert, or maybe we think Rosen might still be in play for 2020, too many maybes but fun to speculate at this point, Dolphins need to be coy on who they like but also do their due diligence on moving up or back to position themselves best for their guy

Anyone that says they arent worried about Tua's injuries is lying......or delusional.

I'd add Derrick Brown to your list of guys at pick 5. I like him a lot more than Simmons at that spot in the draft. Plus I'd like to get QB and then OL and DL set first in the rebuild process.

To me it’s simple-

Phins up!
Yes! Because a corner will really turn this franchise around! After Fitz retires we will really take the next step with a corner

To me it’s simple-

Phins up!
I would take out Tua and insert Thomas in those top 5. Without all of his injuries Tua would definitely have to been in the top five but 2 ankle surgeries and his recent hip surgery moves him out of the top 5 IMO.

IMO Herbert is going to climb boards after the combine and his pro day. I get the negatives associated with him; I have seen numerous Oregon games over the last 4 years. The major thing he has in his defense is that he has never played on a team with half the talent that Burrow, Tua, Lawrence or Fields has (covering all the top QB prospects the next two drafts). The dude has a great arm and is very athletic for his size (6’6” 237lbs). I have the feeling that he will end up being the second QB off the board.

Yes! Because a corner will really turn this franchise around! After Fitz retires we will really take the next step with a corner
Not saying that corner will take us to the top, however brother if you get one and with one of the first round picks a QB then it be a great thing. Let's not forget X's troubles. Have a great weekend.

Yes Thomas too! How could I forget him?

If the Dolphins decide it is best not to draft a QB this year, then they could totally fix OL, DL, and RB's.

Maybe they decide, seeing how Tannehill did, another teams reject could work. Maybe they feel Rosen is still an unwritten book?

Maybe they think next year's QB's crop looks much better but this years 1st round DT's and DE's suits them to a tee? Maybe they think there are solid OL picks later like Josh Jones, Calvin Throckmorton, Yasir Durant, etc.? Maybe they think there is real value in this year's RB and WR class?

You give last year's Dolphins a strong DL capable of stopping the run and getting sacks, add in a strong OL in pass protection and a potent running attack, maybe throw in a great slot WR, well things could look a little different.

Back
Top Bottom