#5- What a spot to be! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

#5- What a spot to be!

Burrow is worth moving up for!

No, he's not. No player in this draft is worth the capital it'll take.

You've got the wrong year. 2021 would be that year, assuming Trevor Lawrence remains healthy. And Justin Fields could possibly become another candidate should he post another season like the one he just had while also remaining healthy as well.

Tua would have been worthy if not for the injury. He's been an elite level QB prospect since he first set foot in a game as a true freshman and has 2 stellar seasons as a starter under his belt. But the hip injury changes everything IMO. It's too risky to take him anywhere but at #5. Trading up is too much risk.

#9 is too risky too because he's one hit wonder. Wasn't succeeding for the 4 seasons he played before this one. He might be good, but his late arrival and only one great season at 23 yo makes it too steep to trade all the extra capital.

If Tua was completely healthy and #9 had a larger sample size of success over 5 seasons, I'd see it differently.

IMO Herbert is going to climb boards after the combine and his pro day. I get the negatives associated with him; I have seen numerous Oregon games over the last 4 years. The major thing he has in his defense is that he has never played on a team with half the talent that Burrow, Tua, Lawrence or Fields has (covering all the top QB prospects the next two drafts). The dude has a great arm and is very athletic for his size (6’6” 237lbs). I have the feeling that he will end up being the second QB off the board.
The combine will absolutely be an important factor in draftees moving up and down...it’s a time where pundants rule and gm’s fall in and out of love.

I know he would be #1 if he wasn’t hurt, but Tua at #5 terrifies me. I would not be shocked if he is an All-Pro or out of the league because of injuries in 5 years.

Not saying that corner will take us to the top, however brother if you get one and with one of the first round picks a QB then it be a great thing. Let's not forget X's troubles. Have a great weekend.

I'm one of the few if any who would have taken Whitehair in that draft.

I still think there a reasonable chance that the Bengals screw up with the #1. Because, you know, they're the Bengals.

The Tua Mafia is gonna kill me, but I'm scared of his injuries. First I didn't believe in Rosen and I got killed. Now I don't believe in Tua's health, and I'm sure I'm gonna get killed again. I went to bat for Fitzmagic being a fun but a little too good of a QB to tank ... right again, and killed for it. I called Fitzmagic definitely the better of the two QB's ... again, killed for it. At this point ... I'm used to the pushback, but whomever we draft to play QB is going to need some transition time, is going to throw some INT's, and is going to struggle to generate offense from time to time.

Personally, since I'm in broken-record mode ... I'll just say what I've said to many times in the past ... if a good deal comes along for the #5 pick, and we don't have the QB we want available ... trade the F down.

Oh man how did ever predict all those things. You must be nostradamus! Tua is a bust! The one man who said Josh Rosen sucks on the planet. All hail this genius!

The Tua Mafia is gonna kill me, but I'm scared of his injuries. First I didn't believe in Rosen and I got killed. Now I don't believe in Tua's health, and I'm sure I'm gonna get killed again. I went to bat for Fitzmagic being a fun but a little too good of a QB to tank ... right again, and killed for it. I called Fitzmagic definitely the better of the two QB's ... again, killed for it. At this point ... I'm used to the pushback, but whomever we draft to play QB is going to need some transition time, is going to throw some INT's, and is going to struggle to generate offense from time to time.

Personally, since I'm in broken-record mode ... I'll just say what I've said to many times in the past ... if a good deal comes along for the #5 pick, and we don't have the QB we want available ... trade the F down.
I’m kinda in agreement w everything except the trade down part. If our QB isn’t there pick someone who can be an impact player. We don’t have any on the team except Howard really. When you trade down you get more swings but we have plenty. Only so many rookies can make the team. Let’s get some guys that can make high impact plays / affect the outcome of games.

Maybe we like Herbert, or maybe we think Rosen might still be in play for 2020, too many maybes but fun to speculate at this point, Dolphins need to be coy on who they like but also do their due diligence on moving up or back to position themselves best for their guy
I agree. One thing I always wondered is if the other GMs know - meaning, they have insight as to who we are spending the most time with etc. I saw Burrow’s dad said something about the fact “he’d be happy going to Cincy” which to me suggests they are already speaking / it’s a done deal. Thoughts?

I agree. One thing I always wondered is if the other GMs know - meaning, they have insight as to who we are spending the most time with etc. I saw Burrow’s dad said something about the fact “he’d be happy going to Cincy” which to me suggests they are already speaking / it’s a done deal. Thoughts?
Could be checking with the top 5-10 picks to see who will be easy to sign. I really think they are going with Burrow.

Can you imagine how the draft explodes if the Bengals take Young and not Burrow?

Can you imagine how the draft explodes if the Bengals take Young and not Burrow?
I really don't see it happening. If they pass on Burrow, a home boy, Mr. Ohio, and 1st team all state selection, the fans might burn down the stadium.

You’re like Tom Cruise in the edge of tomorrow. Lol

Back
Top Bottom