#5- What a spot to be! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

#5- What a spot to be!

They need to take a qb at 5 or moving up.

Enough of the bull ****.

Unless they are gonna tie their future to Rosen in which case Ross should hold them accountable for it.

Free pass time is up Grier.

Oh man how did ever predict all those things. You must be nostradamus! Tua is a bust! The one man who said Josh Rosen sucks on the planet. All hail this genius!
Read my myriad of posts brother ... I wasn't just predicting these things, I was repeatedly saying them over a long time from the beginning. Hey, I make my share of bad predictions, and for a while, it appeared DeVante Parker being a very good pick was one of them .... but just as I started to give up on him, he turned it around. I also advocated for Xavien Howard before the draft, and extolled his virtues when we drafted him, and told the board to bear with his learning curve and took a lot of push back until things started to click for him. Most recently I was high on the Gesicki bandwagon--he was my guy before the draft as well--and told everyone to have patience, and now he's starting to turn the corner as well.

Poo poo me all you want brother, but just read my posts ... I have been preaching these things for a long time. I was preaching Baker as the best QB in that class from when he was projected to be a 2nd rounder and people were all saying he was too small. You want to prove me wrong, I'm also a Jake Fromm fan and I still believe in Derek Carr. Fromm is ideal for the Patriot's offense, and if we had kept using that, he would be my top choice. But we changed OC's and offenses, and his size and mobility are more problematic. But, he's still an excellent thrower of the football and IMHO, the best mental processing QB in this draft. So, if you want to prove me wrong, there's a good chance I'll be wrong about Fromm ... but I like the kid's ability from the neck up, and don't have a problem with him being good but not great arm-strength, and am not fussed about his lack of size and mobility. College QB's don't make it in the pros because they are not consistently accurate enough and/or they cannot see and process information fast and effectively enough. Neither of those involves arm strength, speed, size, quickness or the other things everyone lists they want in a QB ... but that's the reality. Defenses are complex and disguised well these days, avoiding their traps is a big part of being an NFL QB ... and Fromm has that.

But let's be honest ... you probably didn't even bother to read to the end of this post, so you probably are just going to toss out another baseless ad hominem remark in response. And if you're not going to read even this post, then I have no hope that you'll look up my posts and see that I'm correct ... so ... cheers mate, glad you're enjoying your experience.

The Tua Mafia is gonna kill me, but I'm scared of his injuries. First I didn't believe in Rosen and I got killed. Now I don't believe in Tua's health, and I'm sure I'm gonna get killed again. I went to bat for Fitzmagic being a fun but a little too good of a QB to tank ... right again, and killed for it. I called Fitzmagic definitely the better of the two QB's ... again, killed for it. At this point ... I'm used to the pushback, but whomever we draft to play QB is going to need some transition time, is going to throw some INT's, and is going to struggle to generate offense from time to time.

Personally, since I'm in broken-record mode ... I'll just say what I've said to many times in the past ... if a good deal comes along for the #5 pick, and we don't have the QB we want available ... trade the F down.

The day we signed Fitz I was at my local sports bar talking to an old timer long suffering Lions fan aka the Dolphins of the NFC...turned right to him and said "well there goes the first pick, Fitz will win 5 games"

If anyone thinks cincy ownership is gonna let anybody on that staff tell him that burrow isn’t the pick you’re crazy

burrow is a bengal. It’s in pen

No chance they don't take him unless they find out he raped a bunch of chicks...even then they probably still draft him

The Tua Mafia is gonna kill me, but I'm scared of his injuries. First I didn't believe in Rosen and I got killed. Now I don't believe in Tua's health, and I'm sure I'm gonna get killed again. I went to bat for Fitzmagic being a fun but a little too good of a QB to tank ... right again, and killed for it. I called Fitzmagic definitely the better of the two QB's ... again, killed for it. At this point ... I'm used to the pushback, but whomever we draft to play QB is going to need some transition time, is going to throw some INT's, and is going to struggle to generate offense from time to time.

Personally, since I'm in broken-record mode ... I'll just say what I've said to many times in the past ... if a good deal comes along for the #5 pick, and we don't have the QB we want available ... trade the F down.

No one should "kill you" for being scared of his injuries. Everyone is scared of his injuries. That's not the point, or the real question you need to ask about Tua.

The question is if a) it's worth the risk and b) are we in a position to take a risk In my mind, both of those questions are an obvious yes.

Tua is a great prospect. The question gets a little more dicey and debatable if we have to move up. That's where you'll probably find more disagreement.

I don't think people appreciate how forgivable a "miss" on Tua, say he got injured, would be for the franchise. Instead everyone would rather play it safe, year after year, until "finally" everything is in line and we get our QB. Waiting for that is much more damning than missing on one elite prospect at QB.

Enough of the bull ****.

Unless they are gonna tie their future to Rosen in which case Ross should hold them accountable for it.

Enough of the bull ****.

1000%. You don’t dismantle your team, sign no one, accumulate picks and then fail to get a QB.

Dolphins fans overthinking the Tua injuries is hilarious. You dudes really want to be a mediocre franchise forever. It’s obvious.

Yeah, let’s just play it safe and draft Andrew Thomas Lmao
Worked last time when we took Jake Long and cheap skated on the QB with Henne.

Wait...

No, he's not. No player in this draft is worth the capital it'll take.

You've got the wrong year. 2021 would be that year, assuming Trevor Lawrence remains healthy. And Justin Fields could possibly become another candidate should he post another season like the one he just had while also remaining healthy as well.

Tua would have been worthy if not for the injury. He's been an elite level QB prospect since he first set foot in a game as a true freshman and has 2 stellar seasons as a starter under his belt. But the hip injury changes everything IMO. It's too risky to take him anywhere but at #5. Trading up is too much risk.

#9 is too risky too because he's one hit wonder. Wasn't succeeding for the 4 seasons he played before this one. He might be good, but his late arrival and only one great season at 23 yo makes it too steep to trade all the extra capital.

If Tua was completely healthy and #9 had a larger sample size of success over 5 seasons, I'd see it differently.
Burrow > Trevor Lawrence

Burrow is worth moving up for!

But at what price. If you make a statement like that, what would you give up for him?

I don't want to trade up, but for arguements sake, This years 18, a 2nd round, one of next years 2nd rounder and Jones.

Worked last time when we took Jake Long and cheap skated on the QB with Henne.

Wait...

And what has Ryan won? SFA. Over rated QB. Long was the right pick. Our O line was terrible, and he made it that much better when he was here.

Ryan would have been on IR every year.

I would love to play poker with you. I would own your house.

Gamblers who take longshots, rather that smart bets end up broke.

It's easy to say "roll the dice", when it's not you taking the actual risk.

Oh BROTHER. This isn't poker, it's football. You need a quarterback to compete consistently or you're dead in the water. Period.

Every last player is at risk for injury. It's football. It's a 100 percent injury rate. Tua is too good of a prospect to not take that chance.

Oh BROTHER. This isn't poker, it's football. You need a quarterback to compete consistently or you're dead in the water. Period.

Every last player is at risk for injury. It's football. It's a 100 percent injury rate. Tua is too good of a prospect to not take that chance.
So, if you had a player on your team who played at a pro bowl level, but missed 7 games every season, would you sign him to a long term, high investment contract?

No. It's not poker, but substitute any game you want. If you make high risk moves, you will win some, but against quality opponents, you will lose far more.

You do need a good QB, but there are more than one in the world. Let's identify, and coach up one that isn't a triage unit's nightmare.

Back
Top Bottom