6/11 Afternoon Camp Report (w/ Pics) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

6/11 Afternoon Camp Report (w/ Pics)

With Kay-Jay Harris in the mix, we've got a nice problem at RB.

so does that mean. They are having a hard time deciding who's going to start and be back up and all that

PhinDude88 said:
Thanks for the pics and report Muck. :up:

I do have a question though, why do you think that St.Clair was working at RG and Cook at RT? Shouldnt St.Clair be working at RT and Cook at RG?

My pleasure. :)

As for the second question, you'd have to ask Coach Houck to be sure. But in my own little opinion, I think it may have something to do with St. Clair being better suited to play inside. As many Dolfans know, St. Clair finished his collegiate career as a 1st team All-American center at Virginia. At 6-4 and 315, the Dolphins might think his size is better suited for guard. While he did a pretty good job last season, he did struggle against the better DEs he faced. And he really had a tough time of it in St. Louis, where the put him out there at LT. On a side note, I'd forgotten that St. Clair was only 26 years old. Just seems like more of a cagey veteran to me.

Cook, on the other hand, seems to have a little better size for a tackle (6-5, 320). Maybe he's got better quickness/balance. I couldn't tell you. The only think I can see is the size thing.

WestVirginiaFan said:
so does that mean. They are having a hard time deciding who's going to start and be back up and all that

Not necessarily. Ronnie Brown is still running second team, with Lamar Gordon playing with the starters. But that is all subject to change. And Brown will be given every chance to start.

What I meant was, we have a lot of talent in the backfield this year (without Ricky). And the competition should be fierce. Assuming Ricky comes back, the coaches will probably have to cut a very good player or two.

Muck said:
My pleasure. :)

As for the second question, you'd have to ask Coach Houck to be sure. But in my own little opinion, I think it may have something to do with St. Clair being better suited to play inside. As many Dolfans know, St. Clair finished his collegiate career as a 1st team All-American center at Virginia. At 6-4 and 315, the Dolphins might think his size is better suited for guard. While he did a pretty good job last season, he did struggle against the better DEs he faced. And he really had a tough time of it in St. Louis, where the put him out there at LT. On a side note, I'd forgotten that St. Clair was only 26 years old. Just seems like more of a cagey veteran to me.

Cook, on the other hand, seems to have a little better size for a tackle (6-5, 320). Maybe he's got better quickness/balance. I couldn't tell you. The only think I can see is the size thing.

I think that it is a good idea to put St.Clair at RG because at LT Carey is starting to show something there, and at RT that is McDougle spot. Now i guess Hadnot and St.Clair will compete at RG. Whoever losses the battle should go in and start at C IMO.

Nice stuff, I am going out there tomorrow. Cant wait

Great report as always Muck and awesome shots...you know there are alot of imitators, but no duplicators...not saying i dont like their reports but i trust what Muck has to say about our team...Thanks Muck

Really great report Muck! I'm excited to see all the new schemes. And the way you describe the DL/LB action we should expect to see a lot of zone blitzes and hopefully some picks underneath...

More pics added. :)

Remember, there are three pages (25 pics total so far).

phinphan11 said:
Damn, Muck. For a new camera those pix came out really sic. Great job!

Thanks man. You should see them uncropped at full resolution. Really look great!! :woot:

Back
Top Bottom