7-7 | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

7-7

At 1-7 I don't think anyone really thought we had much of a chance, except the person who posted this thread apparently.
Miami should be right now at least 10-4, Jax , raiders and falcon game should of been wins. Even the colts game we should of won.

I wonder how many posters who thought we had no shot to get to 7-7 will just move the goal posts to not making the playoffs. Being right on social media is soooooooo important to some people.
I don’t think we make the playoffs. And I would have never expected to win 6 in row. And I am a homer.
Well I never rule anything out when it comes to NFL football. Slim chance yes, no chance never.
Math. Do the Lions have a shot at a playoff game? Addition and subtraction. No chance is possible and inevitable in the NFL.
True, I'm the same way, just saying I think most sane people would have put their money on not winning 6 in a row. That is tough against any schedule, even if you played the Lions 6 in a row.
Agree.

Were people doubting we’d be able to beat the very bottom of barrel teams? BAL is on their 5th string RB and have injuries everywhere making them a bad team as well. Beating TEN and NE would be noteworthy. I’ll save my excitement when/if that happens. Absent making the playoffs, all this season will end up doing is ensuring we waste more years with Grier at GM and Tua at QB, mired in mediocrity

True, I'm the same way, just saying I think most sane people would have put their money on not winning 6 in a row. That is tough against any schedule, even if you played the Lions 6 in a row.
I hear you, I’m talking about hhe flat o
I don’t think we make the playoffs. And I would have never expected to win 6 in row. And I am a homer.

Math. Do the Lions have a shot at a playoff game? Addition and subtraction. No chance is possible and inevitable in the NFL.

Agree.
obviously once a team is mathematically eliminated it is no chance. Surprised I have to touch on this.

As happy as we are with 7-7, the Eagle fans are just as unhappy. They though two months ago they might have 3 top 10 picks because their Eagles were losing and the Dolphins and Colts were both struggling to win a game. Two months later and now they are complaining about the Giants probably having 2 top 10 picks and their team not having any picks in the top 10.

One of my good friends who is a big Eagles fan was telling me when the Dolphins were 1-7 and the Colts were under 500 that the Eagles were going to have the best draft in their history. Now he is saying the Eagles should trade two of their first round picks in 2022 in hopes they can move up and draft Bryce Young in 2023. He is upset that the Eagles probably have no chance of having even one top 10 pick in the next draft.

Miami should be right now at least 10-4, Jax , raiders and falcon game should of been wins. Even the colts game we should of won.

I’d say the Raiders game was a stupid call away from a win and Jaguars we should’ve punted at the end, 9 wins is where we shouldn’t been

7-7. Does make you wonder what the hell that team was doing 1st half of the season. They had basically the same players.
Easy...Tua didn't play and Jacoby did...defense ain't gonna be fired up when they know Brissett is going out there

7-7. Does make you wonder what the hell that team was doing 1st half of the season. They had basically the same players.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, whether you like Flo or not slow starts to the season where the team looks bad seems has been a consistent thing. Now on the bright side improving as the season goes on also is is a trend so hopefully we can figure out how to go .500 in the first month.

Part of it is personnel defensively. 2nd year in a row we failed miserably to try and make Jerome Baker a MIKE backer (and again 2nd season in a row where when we stop playing him there he becomes very productive).

Offensively a lot of it was Tua being out and him coming back has improved. Yeah the OL was historically bad the first 2 months and has improved from dumpster fire to somewhere between bad and below average but Brissett really hindered us in covering for Tua

Were people doubting we’d be able to beat the very bottom of barrel teams? BAL is on their 5th string RB and have injuries everywhere making them a bad team as well. Beating TEN and NE would be noteworthy. I’ll save my excitement when/if that happens. Absent making the playoffs, all this season will end up doing is ensuring we waste more years with Grier at GM and Tua at QB, mired in mediocrity
Yes. At 1-7 amumber of people were saying we were the bottom of the barrel, so losing to anybody was always viewed as a possibility at that time.

At 1-7 I don't think anyone really thought we had much of a chance, except the person who posted this thread apparently.
I was looking at the schedule...we weren't a 1-7 team...lot of bad calls that cost us a couple games plus Tua being out...I knew if they could get the Ravens game the next 5 weeks were all winnable...now I'm thinking the next 3 are as well...but I'm not about to start a 10-7 thread...yet

Back
Top Bottom