72 dolphins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

72 dolphins

How many Hall of Famers did THEY Beat in 72?

Let me know if I am missing any-one?
Joe Nameth,O.J. Simpson,Dan Diedorf,Johnny Unitas?......

Sundance Kid said:
Let me know if I am missing any-one?
Joe Nameth,O.J. Simpson,Dan Diedorf,Johnny Unitas?......

Namtah;'s Jets were 7-7, OJ's Bills were 4-9-1, Dierdorf's Cards were 4-9-1, Unitas' Colts were 5-9. It's not like you beat these HOFers when their teams were at their peak. Again, I'm not taking anything away from waht the dolphins did as it was an amazing accomplishment but you can't start making a big deal over HOFers who you beat.

nyjunc said:
Namtah;'s Jets were 7-7, OJ's Bills were 4-9-1, Dierdorf's Cards were 4-9-1, Unitas' Colts were 5-9. It's not like you beat these HOFers when their teams were at their peak. Again, I'm not taking anything away from waht the dolphins did as it was an amazing accomplishment but you can't start making a big deal over HOFers who you beat.

the easy schedule argument is weak, look at the pats, over the last 2 years they have only lost 4 games, that`s really impressive and few teams can brag about that.
but, guess who they lost to in those 4 games, three of those teams happen to be losing teams, interesting really, it makes me think that even if they`d had a pancake schedule they`d still have lost a few games.

remember, anyone can win or lose on any given sunday

nyjunc said:
you keep saying you're not taking anything away from the fins but you keep referring to their weak schedule. they didn't choose their schedule, they simply showed up and beat what ever team was scheduled. there has been plenty of teams that had weak schedules and they could'nt go undefeated. bottom line: untill another team goes undefeated the '72 fins are number one!

+ They were coming off a Super Bowl Season...

They had Opening Day game at KC who wanted to kick thier @$$ for the loss in the X-mas Play-off game the Year before....
They played a TOUGH Vikings Team UP in Minny and they were always a Play-off team back then too..

Back
Top Bottom