8 Young Nfl Players Who Can't Be Saved (and 8 Who Just Need A New Team) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

8 Young Nfl Players Who Can't Be Saved (and 8 Who Just Need A New Team)

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
9 Needs New Team: DeVante Parker - Miami Dolphins (WR)
USA_Devante-Parker.jpg

Playing for the Miami Dolphins is a dead zone for many star athletes. DeVante Parker could be that guy, but luckily, he will have the opportunity to choose where he plays after this season. The Dolphins selected Parker with the 14th overall pick of the 2015 NFL Draft out of Louisville.

At Louisville, he never had a 1,000-yard season, but had two seasons where he caught for at least 10 touchdown passes. Parker has played well so far, catching for 1,908 yards and five touchdowns within his first two seasons. But, it doesn’t seem like Parker has reached his potential just yet.

Through his first two seasons, Parker hasn’t played a full year with his starting quarterback.

There’s been a lot of change, and he’s still been able to put up consistent numbers. Imagine what his numbers would look like on a team with a franchise quarterback. Who knows if Ryan Tannehill is a franchise quarterback? The Dolphins ultimately did not choose a QB in the first round of this year's draft, but many were thinking they would have if someone like Josh Rosen was still available at no.11. Parker is a guy with a lot of talent, that hasn’t been used effectively. Part of it may be due to playing alongside Jarvis Landry, but Parker could benefit from playing with a true quarterback.

https://www.thesportster.com/football/young-nfl-players-needing-new-team/

If Parker doesnt produce move on.
He should have 1000+ yards and 10 +TDs.

Another quality article with much research. Smh. Have they watched how he gets beaten to his spot over and over and plays with no fire? Yeah it’s the dolphins and tannehills fault, naturally. This off-season is going to be so ****ing long.

If the article read "Make or Break Year" then Parker should definitely be on the list. Hasn't been a bust, but has been a disappointment so far.

Hasn't done anything in 3 yrs. not smart to think he's going to be great. But F that writer for putting it on the dolphins and thinking he'll perform elsewhere like it's our fault. Busts happen it's part of the game so F off

If the article read "Make or Break Year" then Parker should definitely be on the list. Hasn't been a bust, but has been a disappointment so far.
I disagree. He is the definition of a bust For a guy that went 14th overall, he is soft and has not done squat.

Last edited:
I disagree. He is the definition of a bust For a guy that went 14th overall, he is soft and has not done squat.
I wouldn't go that far just yet, but I'm sure a lot of people would probably agree. I know Miami fans considered Ted Ginn a bust too in terms of his draft status. Yet, Ginn has certainly played in the league for a long-time. Made some big special teams plays over the years.

Parker, to me, is just an okay player. Not sure he'll ever be the wide receiver the team was hoping for, though.

You guys make my avatar picture tough to look at...

Parker may have been underwhelming as a Dolphin but that doesn't mean his light won't come on at some point in the future with another team.
Bitter taste for sure.

yeah don't pin his failures on the fins. He still has all the tools of being a potential #1 wr, just tick tick tick, still waiting. at least if the light comes on this year, we have him the next two years pretty reasonsable (rookie contract this year, 5th year option next year), if they don't come on, no biggie, cancel the 5th year option. someone will pick him up on "potential" alone. there is a team out there somewhere that would probably pay the equivalent of him being a 4th WR who puts up 30/450/4 type numbers a year. if he doesn't pan out for us, then hes def bust material at those numbers. but much like ted ginn, if he has another lackluster year this year, I don't think he'll be a wash out in the pros, just see him as sliding into a roll of the 4th WR type who some games doesn't see the ball thrown his way, but 4-5 games a season puts up a decent statline to justify him being on the field

Back
Top Bottom