8 Young Nfl Players Who Can't Be Saved (and 8 Who Just Need A New Team) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

8 Young Nfl Players Who Can't Be Saved (and 8 Who Just Need A New Team)

Why should I care about what some random sports fan on a "sports" blog (first sport listed in their menu is wrestling...) says?

If Parker doesnt produce move on. For example if you
He should have 1000+ yards and 10 +TDs.

Parker, while playing in the shadow of Landry, has averaged 56 receptions and 700 yards the past two seasons. Not what you want from a high 1st round pick, but far from giving you nothing either. People are crossing expectations with production and they're two totally different things. You can't say 56 receptions and 700 yards for Parker is giving you nothing, yet Jakeem Grant's 13 receptions for 203 over two years has shown you promise . Sure the expectations of two is different and the number of targets and sample size is different too.

I get the he needs to stay healthy and be more consistent statements. I would his production over the past few season isn't bad considering: a. He's been playing with Landry who had nearly 300 targets (291) the past two seasons. b. He's playing with Kenny Stills who had a good 2016 season and got paid a big contract so you knew he wasn't going to be third option at that price in 2017. c. He played 2017 with Jay Cutler at qb and in 2016 the Dolphins attempted the fewest passes in the league so you knew his numbers weren't going to be high with Stills and Landry also in the mix.

I think Parker, by situation not earned due to his production, will be the team's number 1 receiver in 2018 and he will produce decent numbers if he stays healthy. With Stills better suited as a number 2 receiver, Gesicki being a rookie tight end, Amendola aging and Wilson being a complimentry slot type of player there is really no reason Parker shouldn't be treated like a number 1 go to guy in 2018. People will say he produced because it was contract year, but I think it will be more of a case of more responsibilities and more opportunities.

I guess I could have been brief and just said I think Parker will be fine in 2018.

Last edited:
Playing in the shadow of Landry Parker has averaged 56 receptions and 700 yards the past two seasons. Not what you want from a high 1st round pick, but far from giving you nothing either. People are crossing expectations with production and they're two totally different things. You can't say 56 receptions and 700 yards for Parker is giving you nothing, yet Jakeem Grant's 13 receptions for 203 over two years has shown you promise . Sure the expectations of two is different and the number of targets and sample size is different too. I get the he needs to stay healthy and be more consistent statements. I would his production over the past few season isn't bad considering: a. He's been playing with Landry who had nearly 300 targets (291) the past two seasons. b. He's playing with Kenny Stills who had a good 2016 season and got paid a big contract so you knew he wasn't going to be third option at that price in 2017. c. He played 2017 with Jay Cutler at qb and in 2016 the Dolphins attempted the fewest passes in the league so you knew his numbers weren't going to be high with Stills and Landry also in the mix.

Some people think a R1 pick should be perennial All-Pro or they're a bust. In fact, most R1 picks are average starters - just what Parker is. Yes, he has "potential," but I think all of us are tired of "potential." IMO, his biggest disappointment is lack of production in the RZ, followed closely by injuries.

Parker is, for the large part, an enigma who has yet to find his raison d'etre to occupy roster space as a "high potential" WR in the N F L.

Odds are he is what he's proven to be -- unreliable + inconsistent = don't count on it!

My opinion. Of course.

BNF.

Note1: I sure hope he proves me totally wrong!

Note2: don't count on it!

hes soft and has ZERO awareness or body control

I love comments like these that have no definable baseline. Zero awareness? Based on what? Soft? What is soft measured by? No body control? I can actually find you quite a few catches where DVP has great body control to make a catch.

bad article i stopped reading. But parker does have long strides and because of it doesn't seem too elusive. he seems to be a jump ball WR

I love comments like these that have no definable baseline. Zero awareness? Based on what? Soft? What is soft measured by? No body control? I can actually find you quite a few catches where DVP has great body control to make a catch.

Several plays in 16 where he couldn’t properly high point balls, couldn’t get two feet down where he clearly had time to make the play in bounds, ran backwards instead of falling forward for a first down and so on. He’s only flashed his talents. He can’t stay healthy and he can’t learn the playbook.

Watch the ravens game where RT17 places a dime on him and he lets the safety sweep over and make a pick in the end zone. Or the game he hurt his ankle, forget who we were playing, where he runs backwards on 3rd down when he was already over the line to gain and we punt while he stays on the sideline for the rest of the game. He’s a bust so far, get over it.

I think a lot can be attributed to our O-line and Landry...but not anymore.

Should be fun to watch this year. Especially with Gesicki.

Several plays in 16 where he couldn’t properly high point balls, couldn’t get two feet down where he clearly had time to make the play in bounds, ran backwards instead of falling forward for a first down and so on. He’s only flashed his talents. He can’t stay healthy and he can’t learn the playbook.

Watch the ravens game where RT17 places a dime on him and he lets the safety sweep over and make a pick in the end zone. Or the game he hurt his ankle, forget who we were playing, where he runs backwards on 3rd down when he was already over the line to gain and we punt while he stays on the sideline for the rest of the game. He’s a bust so far, get over it.

You're the one trying to make the argument with a blanket statement. You're more than welcome to go find those examples and post them.

Parker is inconsistent, yeah, but saying his entirety as a pro has been a lack of body control/zero awareness is purely subjective.

I hope some of Parkers targets are shared by others
unless he steps up his game.We just can't waste 100 targets
on Parker and come up with 1 td for it like last season

Back
Top Bottom