$9 Million reasons to say YES! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

$9 Million reasons to say YES!

Krush said:
if ricky comes back then there is no reason to choose ronnie brown, maybe a developmental guy like JJ Arrington

Only if you intend for Arrington to be your starting RB. If Ricky decides to come back, he can't do so until July, and even then....how likely is it that he would be able to pass his drug tests and/or not decide to retire again if it suited his mood at the moment?

Void said:
morals ≠ Law

Putting aside the fact that laws are created from the morality of a society (ask yourself why there is a law against murder ), what I was referring to was the act of putting himself in a position to let his teammates down.

I'm not trying to bash people who smoke. I could care less if someone does until I am counting on them for something and they don't come through for whatever reason (jail/high/asleep).

NathanHunt said:
I would like to point out a common misconception about Ricky....

When Wanny was in the original process of luring Ricky here, Ricky SPECIFICALLY stated he did NOT want to be the FOCAL point of the offense. He told Wanny AND, later, the fans that he wanted to do his PART. To perform in his role.

Many people point the finger at Ricky and see he let us down. But, was anyone concerned about Ricky when he was getting the ball 30 times a game? Did anyone's heart bleed for him? No.

The collective whole of Phinland (Coaches, fans, Owner, etc) did not mind running Ricky all over the field. We were getting what we wanted. What about what he wanted?

Sure, he smoked pot and has some illegitiment children.... But, he was never brought up on charges related to a murder. He was never investigated and charged with trafficing drugs by the FBI. So, why is he believed to be worse than those men?

He quit on his team? On his fans? He broke a promise to us? How many promises did the organization and fans break to him?

Oh sure, he was getting paid. But, he was getting paid on a contract negotiated under the presumption he would NOT be the focal point of the offense. And remember, some of his pay was PERFORMANCE pay... that means OPTIONAL, not REQUIRED.

If you specifically told your employer you could not lift more than 30 pounds as part of your hiring agreement, then he continually drops 50 pound boxes in front of you and tells you to pick them up over and over.... what are YOU gonna do?

Pick it up or quit. But don't worry, your employer's argument will be "Hey, he was getting paid."

Wanny didn't listen. Ricky quit. Then, Wanny quit. Ricky did us a favor, I thank him for that. If he's willing to come back in ANY role that HE wants to accept.... I'll root for #34.

And while you homer me for doing so, be careful who you root for... he might just be a murderer.

Run Ricky Run.

I never asked him to be perfect. I just wanted to watch him run the football.

I didn't break a single promise to Ricky until he quit. I'lll say it again, there were better ways to get organizational changes made than just quitting. You think if Ricky, JT, ZT went to Wayne and Spielman last year and had a sit down to explain any frustration over the way things were going, that they would have been thrown out ? Of course not. There are also ways to initiate regime changes through the media, local and national. Quitting is the weak, lazy, selfish way to do it.

That's if you think RW's usage/play had anything to do with him quitting. I do not.

I don't think MONEY is ever going to mean much to Ricky...he seems to have his own concepts about what makes a person happy...I know $8.5 MILL is hard to turn down, but I don't see him coming back unless he is forced to in order to pay child support or his bonus from the Phins...I see it more likely that he will declare bankruptcy and never play in NFL again.

Back
Top Bottom