$9 Million reasons to say YES! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

$9 Million reasons to say YES!

You make a solid point, however I disagree with "although characterologically he is of high moral character." I think maybe "high moral character" has become severely tainted, if you consider one of the reasons he quit his job was because he didn't want to have to stop spoking pot, and he has 3 children each of whom has a different mother. That is not of "high moral character".

Arent all the post supposed to have some logic like this one?!?!? seems like this is the only post that has some thinking into it in the past few weeks, not just a fairytail.

if ricky comes back then there is no reason to choose ronnie brown, maybe a developmental guy like JJ Arrington

raving said:
Any way you cut it Randy ended up in jail for domestic violence. The story got worse as the day went on. It was his wife and she was 6 months pregnant. He had been out drinking in bars all night. This kind of behavior is actually not all that rare in the NFL - although the fact that she was pregnant made it over the top! Many NFL
players would be in prison if it were not for the NFL - huge mamouth men get to be extra-ordinarily violent with one another and they get paid for it and cheered on for it - many get the limelight for it and so on.

What makes many NFL players tick is the experience of living so far out on an edge - violent edge. You do the math.

So I juxtapose Ricky's behaviors against say Ray Lewis or Randy McMichael or Kyle Turley or Joe Lavender or Sammy Smith or the myriad of other NFLers every year who end up in VIOLENT or drug related crime that involves the police.

I do not know the story of Ricky's father, but I bet it has to do with his father abandoning him. Ricky needs a daddy - someone to help him learn how to get life out of his gifts. Wanny was a complete incompetent and so was heart attack Ditka. Mike was over taxed and almost killed himself in NO and took Ricky on a highly negative path their. In the meantime Ricky impregnated several women I do believe which indicates a kind of acting out of some drama around fatherhood for him. Again you do the math.

SABAN baby SABAN!

I see no failure on your logics, he may hate the way RW left out last seasson and blame him for all that happened, but the fact is Saban may guide him back to golden land.

Phin_Phan said:
Gimme a break!! If Williams comes back we wont be drafting Brown, Cadillac or Benson, why would you have 2 top tier RB's that both want/are capable of being good starters (well Williams is a proven back), if you got Brown or anyone else they would ***** cause they arent playing.

I think "IF" Williams comes back we're gonna draft either Edwards, Smith or Rodgers. And IMO thats a great choice!

I'm with you, except Couch Saban won't make the same Wanny moves, he only left open doors on Rw and be sure he'll hardly work on bring this guy back, the same way with Boston, but Nick Saban is no fool to expect RW be the lone ranger and put the load over him again. He'll work on bring back RW in shape, mental order and out of drugs, but be sure he isn't betting all in that card.

Ricky or not, Saban will select the best weapon available, and if possible weapons, so he'll try to trade down. If any of the top RB (Benson, Brown, Williams) are still there surely he'll pick one, if there's no chance to trade down, Saban will keep in mind Williams as an option, but will evaluate his option analyzing the current team, and the number of draft pick he haves.

I definately agree with this topic. I am about half way through Saban's book and one of the primary tenets of Saban's philosophy is don't listen to what anyone says about you. He is also a holistic coach from what I have read so far. Also not results driven, but process driven. It is obvious that he is a nurturer and a guy who cares about his guys. Tough but a nurturer none the less. I believe that this is going to be his attitude and the way he appoaches Ricky

AquaPhins said:
You make a solid point, however I disagree with "although characterologically he is of high moral character." I think maybe "high moral character" has become severely tainted, if you consider one of the reasons he quit his job was because he didn't want to have to stop spoking pot, and he has 3 children each of whom has a different mother. That is not of "high moral character".

Where's the morality issue in smoking marijuana? If he isn't taking care of the kids i see a problem with that but if he is..whats the morality issue there? Better for the child to have a live in dad that doesn't care about his mom?

Void said:
Where's the morality issue in smoking marijuana? If he isn't taking care of the kids i see a problem with that but if he is..whats the morality issue there? Better for the child to have a live in dad that doesn't care about his mom?

The "morality" problem with smoking marijuana is that it's against the law and NFL rules. So you are putting the rest of your teammates in a bad situation by doing it because if you get caught, then you can't play.

My morals tell me not to have multiple kids from multiple women that I'm not married to, but that's just me. If yours don't that is your business, but he's still not paying the child support and that's wrong either way. Or is paying child support against your morals.

It's sad how many of you are making excuses for Ricky. That's half the problem, someone else is always to blame, never Ricky. Oh let's blame it on Wandstedt or Ditka or Coach X. No, Ricky is the one who chose his path. No one made Ricky do anything.

If RW really had a problem with the direction the Dolphins were going in, there were better ways to affect change in the organization. Ricky took the immature, irresponsible, and selfish route because that is who he is. Owing money is the only thing that could possibly bring him back.

I would like to point out a common misconception about Ricky....

When Wanny was in the original process of luring Ricky here, Ricky SPECIFICALLY stated he did NOT want to be the FOCAL point of the offense. He told Wanny AND, later, the fans that he wanted to do his PART. To perform in his role.

Many people point the finger at Ricky and see he let us down. But, was anyone concerned about Ricky when he was getting the ball 30 times a game? Did anyone's heart bleed for him? No.

The collective whole of Phinland (Coaches, fans, Owner, etc) did not mind running Ricky all over the field. We were getting what we wanted. What about what he wanted?

Sure, he smoked pot and has some illegitiment children.... But, he was never brought up on charges related to a murder. He was never investigated and charged with trafficing drugs by the FBI. So, why is he believed to be worse than those men?

He quit on his team? On his fans? He broke a promise to us? How many promises did the organization and fans break to him?

Oh sure, he was getting paid. But, he was getting paid on a contract negotiated under the presumption he would NOT be the focal point of the offense. And remember, some of his pay was PERFORMANCE pay... that means OPTIONAL, not REQUIRED.

If you specifically told your employer you could not lift more than 30 pounds as part of your hiring agreement, then he continually drops 50 pound boxes in front of you and tells you to pick them up over and over.... what are YOU gonna do?

Pick it up or quit. But don't worry, your employer's argument will be "Hey, he was getting paid."

Wanny didn't listen. Ricky quit. Then, Wanny quit. Ricky did us a favor, I thank him for that. If he's willing to come back in ANY role that HE wants to accept.... I'll root for #34.

And while you homer me for doing so, be careful who you root for... he might just be a murderer.

Run Ricky Run.

I never asked him to be perfect. I just wanted to watch him run the football.

sn9ke.eyes said:
The "morality" problem with smoking marijuana is that it's against the law and NFL rules. So you are putting the rest of your teammates in a bad situation by doing it because if you get caught, then you can't play.

morals ≠ Law

NathanHunt said:

When Wanny was in the original process of luring Ricky here, Ricky SPECIFICALLY stated he did NOT want to be the FOCAL point of the offense. He told Wanny AND, later, the fans that he wanted to do his PART. To perform in his role.

Many people point the finger at Ricky and see he let us down. But, was anyone concerned about Ricky when he was getting the ball 30 times a game? Did anyone's heart bleed for him? No.

The collective whole of Phinland (Coaches, fans, Owner, etc) did not mind running Ricky all over the field. We were getting what we wanted. What about what he wanted?

Sure, he smoked pot and has some illegitiment children.... But, he was never brought up on charges related to a murder. He was never investigated and charged with trafficing drugs by the FBI. So, why is he believed to be worse than those men?

He quit on his team? On his fans? He broke a promise to us? How many promises did the organization and fans break to him?

Oh sure, he was getting paid. But, he was getting paid on a contract negotiated under the presumption he would NOT be the focal point of the offense. And remember, some of his pay was PERFORMANCE pay... that means OPTIONAL, not REQUIRED.

If you specifically told your employer you could not lift more than 30 pounds as part of your hiring agreement, then he continually drops 50 pound boxes in front of you and tells you to pick them up over and over.... what are YOU gonna do?

Pick it up or quit. But don't worry, your employer's argument will be "Hey, he was getting paid."

Wanny didn't listen. Ricky quit. Then, Wanny quit. Ricky did us a favor, I thank him for that. If he's willing to come back in ANY role that HE wants to accept.... I'll root for #34.

And while you homer me for doing so, be careful who you root for... he might just be a murderer.

Run Ricky Run.

I agree 100% Now let us back away slowly before the rest of the readers throw stones.

popularwar said:
What kind of rocks? Tsk tsk tsk, no accuracy by Mr. Nathan Hunt.
;)

I'm offended. I thought you would at least NOTICED my Pella stained glass windows! Talk about ACCURACY!

:roflmao:

:wink:

NathanHunt said:

Run Ricky Run.

First of all your dead wrong on about all accounts!

Ricky said that he needs the ball 20 times a game just to start getting into his groove, so he needed the ball 20-25 times a game. That's not going to happen in every game, we all know that but that sounds pretty FOCAL to me, being that it would be about 50 percent of the freaking offense!

My heart did not, and could not bleed for him, when in fact he said it over and over that the carries were not a problem, while he was playing.

Please tell me your joking about broken promises? The Dolphins only had to pay Ricky 350,000 when the acquired him, yet they went right into negotiations with his agent to make sure he would get millions. :shakeno:

Here's a quote from you that made me scratch my head... :confused:

Show me some documents that say he would not be the focal point when negotiating his contract. Then show me something from your dictionary that says performance pay means not required.

I have some news for you. Ricky was set to make the league minimum, and by renegotiating the contract into incentives he could make up to 4-5 million, with almost all the incentives being very easily reached. The last incentive was 1800 yards, which he reached!!

Now, did you know that Ricky had the power to call for his backup to relieve him during games? Yep, Ricky was the one who pulled Ricky, Ricky was the one who decided who stayed in on almost all of the 3rd downs.

It's ok that you want to root for anyone, but please, don't go making things up, just say you want the guy back...

Back
Top Bottom