$9 Million reasons to say YES! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

$9 Million reasons to say YES!

raving said:
Here is my opinion on the Ricky situation. Saban is serious - VERY SERIOUS. People LOVE to disparage Ricky as some ignorant - stupid human being with a drug problem. No he is not. Ricky is highly intelligent. He is highly eccentric. He is somewhat troubled, although characterologically he is of high moral character. What has Ricky not done: in any way shape or form he has not been in trouble outside the NFL with the law. He did not make a low life character move like Randy McMichael and strike is six month pregnant wife - which by the way involved the police entering McMichael's residence and arresting him on the spot. I am aware Dolfans (me too) cheer for Randy. So while it may true that Ricky's infraction was a "greater" football infraction - I believe Saban understands that if Saban can accept Randy (who behaved violently against the mother of his unborn child) he can accept Ricky.

Sorry, but Saban don't give a hoot what the fan base wants or does not want today. Saban is banking on winning and everyone loves a winner. And if he loses we are all gonna hate him anyhow - just like many of us strongly dislike Wanny.

What Saban is doing is right on. Get Ricky. If he can play. And he can play. Saban believes that he can get under his hood and help him tick and I think he may just be right. Saban's gotta a GREAT sell. Even if the Dolphins pay him minimum with insentives - which is say 500,000 - Ricky is actually making $9,000,000. The 8 and a half is forgiven. 500,000 is chump change.

Now Saban has several backs already and will acquire another. Ricky is suspended for 4 games so Nick and Ricky can get acquainted with zero pressure. Game 5 we have already been through a quarter of the season in which our player development should help us to be a vastly improved and improving team. Along comes Ricky slowly and steadily. If it works, which I think if anyone can do it Nick can do it, we are all golden.

Nick can tell Ricky - come back - you automatically make 9,000,000. Get some therapy - I know three or four of the best in town - focus for a year with me and let me ressurect you into the greatest back in history - in two to three years.

Face it guys that Ditka and Wanny were not good for Williams. He got screwed because he was young, eccentric and naive. But Saban baby I think so...

Every article and interview I have read about Nick Saban all say the same thing. He is all about accountability. He does not tolerate the lack of accountability from his players or assistants.
Based on Ricky's actions and refusal to admit he has done anything wrong...I would guess that he is exactly the type of player that Saban does NOT want to be associated with.
Also, you are way off on the McMichael thing. Look it up.

raving said:
Here is my opinion on the Ricky situation. Saban is serious - VERY SERIOUS. People LOVE to disparage Ricky as some ignorant - stupid human being with a drug problem. No he is not. Ricky is highly intelligent. He is highly eccentric. He is somewhat troubled, although characterologically he is of high moral character. What has Ricky not done: in any way shape or form he has not been in trouble outside the NFL with the law. He did not make a low life character move like Randy McMichael and strike is six month pregnant wife - which by the way involved the police entering McMichael's residence and arresting him on the spot. I am aware Dolfans (me too) cheer for Randy. So while it may true that Ricky's infraction was a "greater" football infraction - I believe Saban understands that if Saban can accept Randy (who behaved violently against the mother of his unborn child) he can accept Ricky.

Sorry, but Saban don't give a hoot what the fan base wants or does not want today. Saban is banking on winning and everyone loves a winner. And if he loses we are all gonna hate him anyhow - just like many of us strongly dislike Wanny.

so...

First of all, very nice post, but there are some things you said, that you did not do your homework on.

Google up Ricky's past, and you will find that he has indeed had run ins with the law, dating back to Texas. Also, you might want to listen, or read up on a few of Saban's interviews. He has specifically stated that the fans do count. More now, than ever. Maybe you missed the fan day with Saban at Dolphins stadium?

Since you have not done all of your homework in this post, might I suggest that you stop trying to convince me that you know better as to how the coach thinks...... :shakeno:

raving said:

What Saban is doing is right on. Get Ricky. If he can play. And he can play. Saban believes that he can get under his hood and help him tick and I think he may just be right. Saban's gotta a GREAT sell. Even if the Dolphins pay him minimum with insentives - which is say 500,000 - Ricky is actually making $9,000,000. The 8 and a half is forgiven. 500,000 is chump change.

Now Saban has several backs already and will acquire another. Ricky is suspended for 4 games so Nick and Ricky can get acquainted with zero pressure. Game 5 we have already been through a quarter of the season in which our player development should help us to be a vastly improved and improving team. Along comes Ricky slowly and steadily. If it works, which I think if anyone can do it Nick can do it, we are all golden.

Nick can tell Ricky - come back - you automatically make 9,000,000. Get some therapy - I know three or four of the best in town - focus for a year with me and let me ressurect you into the greatest back in history - in two to three years.

Face it guys that Ditka and Wanny were not good for Williams. He got screwed because he was young, eccentric and naive. But Saban baby I think so...

First, I respect your opinion but I feel that you are completely crazy to ever want a quitter back on the team. Ricky quit on the fans, his coaches, and his teammates then, when the league offered him a deal at the end of last season he spurned that offer. He has proven to have a very crazy track record and could NEVER be counted on by the team or it's fans.

Then you have the issue of the team. Ricky walked out on the team and many of the players did not have the best feelings toward him after the reason for his "retirement" was revealed. No matter what any of the players say to the media they know that Ricky will divide this team in the locker room.

Face it Ricky still smokes like a chimney. This is only a PR stunt with the "I haven't smoked in a month." He is just saying all this in the public so he will be treated with kid gloves by the NFL. Ricky also has admitted to using a masking agent for his drug tests which I firmly believe he would continue to use if he rejoins the NFL. What is going to happen when he forgets to use the agent or the agent is detected?

I also believe that many of you (those that want him back) are very naive to think Saban will fix Ricky's head. As you stated above "Ditka and Wannstedt were not good for Williams" so what the heck makes Saban qualified to help? Ricky is a wacko and there is nothing you can do to change him therefore all the time and effort is better spent elsewhere LIKE MOVING FOWARD WHICH THE TEAM HAS TRIED TO DO OVER THE PAST YEAR.

The bottom line is Ricky is a fickle little kid that will quit on the team again when it suits his liking or he hits another positive drug test. He is out of shape and will divide the team and the fans and there is no way he should ever be allowed back in the NFL yet less the Dolphin organization.

I say RUN RICKY RUN

Hey Im a diehard fan and I never felt so sick when I found out on a voicemail that he quit from a NY JET fan.

But hell if he comes back and plays like he did before and we even get to the playoffs all will be forgotten cause in the end we all want to win, even his teamates want to win. He gives us a chance to win, and he has had a year off with fresh legs :)

I don't cheer for wife beaters (unless its a hot girl in a wet tshirt contest WEARING one). I hope McMichael has a career ending injury anytime soon or the dolphins trade him.

Not nearly as bad as Michael Pittman, who ran his wife down in a truck.... I missed half of the Bucs last season because it made me sick to see him playing...and not just because he fell down if the wind blew the right way.

HysterikiLL said:
I honestly don't know what Ricky would be like if he came back. He's horrifically out of shape now, it would take some getting back in to form but he's spent a while out of the physical hits and all. If we got him back, I'd like to trade him -- maybe get a 2nd but that's realistic no longer...perhaps a 3rd if we're really lucky and Oakland are still *******es.

Ricky was in amazing shape last time I saw him, just not football shape probably.

Saban is building something good here and making this team feel like it can get back to where it belongs. Bringing Ricky back might hurt that, remember alot of players are less then thrilled with Ricky. I just don't want a team that becomes divided if he comes back.

Great post!
It's about time people see Ricky for what he is. I was not happy that he left when he did, but, it made the Phins look at the franchise. For one losing season, I think it was worth it and the guy should be given a second chance to redeem himself, much like McMichael who I love!

Let's face it, we don't care who plays so long as we win games and eventually championships.

although characterologically he is of high moral character???

That's the funnest line I ever had to read about Ricky!

Smoking Pot, quiting on his team, Child out of wedlock that he was not helping???

Yeah, that's high moral character!

Saban is building something good here and making this team feel like it can get back to where it belongs. Bringing Ricky back might hurt that, remember alot of players are less then thrilled with Ricky. I just don't want a team that becomes divided if he comes back.

Those people, that are upset with ricky, are on there way out of this franchise anyway. Remember all the speculation of whether or not we're trading JT? Or all of us wondering if ZT fits in our defensive scheme anymore? The guys that are against ricky probably realize that this is a team first attitude in the locker room now. They don't like it, they could be gone.

Randy McMichael didn't "strike" his wife....He came home drunk ON HIS BIRTHDAY at 2, 3 in the morning...Wifey started b1tchn, AND STRIKING HIM, and all he did was push her off of him and she stumbled to the floor. They BOTH got arrested, not just Randy...WHich charges were dropped for both of them. SO don't make it seem like Randy's a wife beater-scumbag.

If you wanna talk about Ricky, fine. Yea, he didn't do anything incredibly stupid and low character, but he did back out on his WORD. A COMMITMENT. He was being paid alot of money to do what he did and KNEW that the team was counting on him. He is an ***, and deserved what he has gotten...
Now that being said, I hope they work out a deal and I'll forgive and forget! I don't hold grudges if the Dolphins don't!

Personally, I was surprised to see randy was married already. Sheesh the guy got married when he was like 22, and his whole career was ahead of him. though i guess thats not uncommon in the NFL. I love Randy, Hope we resign him next year. and i completely agree that the whole mess was probably an accident that was blown way out of preportion.

If Ricky was to return, my belief is he would have to serve a 4 game suspension. Would he be able to participate in Training Camp to get back in "Football" Shape?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fins05:NewHope
well if Ricky was worried to death about running 400 times......Ronnie Brown will ease that work load a bit.....

Gimme a break!! If Williams comes back we wont be drafting Brown, Cadillac or Benson, why would you have 2 top tier RB's that both want/are capable of being good starters (well Williams is a proven back), if you got Brown or anyone else they would ***** cause they arent playing.

I think "IF" Williams comes back we're gonna draft either Edwards, Smith or Rodgers. And IMO thats a great choice!

Well IMO we still draft Brown.......1st off Ricky is somewhere in India....I dont really remember Golds Gym in India........2nd Ricky is 30 some pounds under his playing weight and hasnt taken a hit in a while...(at least a hit in the NFL)....3rd Ricky can only join the Dolphins after July1st.....he will be way behind as far as learning the new Offense we are putting in.....and finally.....he WILL miss the first 4 games....so are we just gonna throw the ball in those games? And the biggest reason we draft Brown also........do you really think Ricky is a guarantee to actually play a entire season? I mean really? What guarantees he wont light up....and get caught again? Or just decide that football really isnt what he wants to do. If we didnt draft a RB, and was banking on Ricky....and he left again? Does anybody remember last year? 4-12.....If Ricky comes back.....He will be Fighting Brown.....who will have Mini camps and a full Training Camp.....Plus I think the only reason we are willing to give Ricky a chance is for him to build trade value for us down the line.

Back
Top Bottom