!972 Miami Dolphins named number 1 in America's Game!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

!972 Miami Dolphins named number 1 in America's Game!!

raphinmx

Starter
Reaction score
good.

you know if Garo hadn't botched that fumble, it would have been the only shutout superbowl as well. the score was misleading - the game wasn't even close.

-Undefeated (something no other team has ever done)

-Won road a playoff game

-Won the majority of their games with a back-up QB

Game, set, match......nuff said (although the 75' Steelers are probably the single greatest team ever and probably the best team, but on a list thing like this the Fins have to be voted #1 for the reasons above)

For their time the Phins were the best.

But if they were to play the 85 bears...as much as you guys hate to hear this. They would have gotten smashed.

But if they were to play the 85 bears...as much as you guys hate to hear this. They would have gotten smashed.

I love when people make comparisons like this! :lol:

Is that supposed to mean anything?
It was a completely different time.

If you're truly going to compare the 2 teams you'd have to consider the 72 players would have been much stronger and faster than they were in 72 as athletes today benefit from better training and nutritional sciences. If you accounted for the teams having equal speed and strength training who is to say which team would have won.

Hell the 85 Bears could'nt handle the 85 Dolphins let alone the 72 ones.

I love when people make comparisons like this! :lol:

Is that supposed to mean anything?
It was a completely different time.

If you're truly going to compare the 2 teams you'd have to consider the 72 players would have been much stronger and faster than they were in 72 as athletes today benefit from better training and nutritional sciences. If you accounted for the teams having equal speed and strength training who is to say which team would have won.

Hell the 85 Bears could'nt handle the 85 Dolphins let alone the 72 ones.

If they were in 1985 sure.

But they wouldnt be in 1985, they would be the same players of the same size from 72, and they would get crushed. It's not a bad comparison at all. Your taking two teams and putting them in a hypothetical game situation. One that the 85 bears would win.

As for what it's supposed to mean:

It means they were great for their time, but if they had to play games today...they would be 0-16.

85 Bears are overrated. Good team, not great.

dude they are the best and if they were to play the 85 bears they would win and u know that. thats why everyone picked them as #1 buddy. we would rock jim mcmahon lol jim mcmahon!

If they were in 1985 sure.

But they wouldnt be in 1985, they would be the same players of the same size from 72, and they would get crushed. It's not a bad comparison at all. Your taking two teams and putting them in a hypothetical game situation. One that the 85 bears would win.

As for what it's supposed to mean:

It means they were great for their time, but if they had to play games today...they would be 0-16.

Well since time travel isn't an available option for any of us this is a pretty silly statement. Teams greatness are measured from what they accomplished in their time.

Geez!

Uh Alex, I know your young, but the 1985 Bears couldn't beat the 1985 Dolphins, who weren't in the same league with the 1972 Dolphins.

Yeah your going to throw body weights at me, but remember the 1972 Dolphins were not on steroids like the 1985 Bears were.

I love how we are argueing something the NFL Network, NFL Films, and a special panel already decieded for us. The 72' Dolphins were ranked first. Period.

I believe the 85' Fins were the ones smashing the Bears 38-21 in that year.

Back
Top Bottom