A clinical take on Ricky.... really! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A clinical take on Ricky.... really!

Hopefully Ricky will get his head together, not just so that he can come back to play football, but also so that he can hopefully get his life together. I don't think anyone but Ricky can know what he is going through but a lot of people have anxiety and social disorders.......I just hope Ricky gets it together, gets back in football shape, and can give us some more big games.

SanDiegoDolphan said:
Im not trying to make excues for the guy but check this: My brother suffers from anxiet disorders. He once was on his way to a job interview which he had alot riding on. But he hates to fly and decided to fly there anyway. Half way to the first plane change in atlanta he had to bolt the plane because his anxiety was too much. He just blew it all and rented a car and drove back home. So if you dont have this kinda fear its hard to understand but maybe Ricky was the same way. Maybe it was just too much at the time and didnt think about the future. Just a different viewpoint for your thoughts and musing.

I may not fully understand RWs illness, but as a business person, I'd find it very hard to bring this guy back...I don't dislike RW. I don't even know him personally, but I still would find it hard to trust the guy now or in the future whether what caused him to spazz out was an illness, too much weed, or stomach gas....The fact is that the man is unreliable.

All that said, IF he returns (if all the IFs are worked out), I don't see him being anywhere near the player he once was. He developed his "football body" over a period of years, and now has to rebuild it...It won't happen this year for him..Not the gaining back of weight, most any athlete can do that...Gaining back his playing stamina, muscle mass, back to taking the pounding in practice and in games....I just don't see him being very effective for us...

Ricky on weed makes a better story for people to be into, so the media cashed in on it. We'll never know what the behind the scenes were like with Ricky, and that's a good thing. Time to move on

Ozzy said:
I hope your not talking about that totally delusional thread that compared Ricky, to Bruski? If so, you deserved to be bashed! Comparing someone who could die on the field to someone who could light one up on the field. Shame on you.

And shame on you for trying to make a joke by talking about someone who could "light one up" on the field. :shakeno: Another one of those guys who think Ricky quit to smoke weed. :shakeno:

ok, so ricky has this disorder. that truly is too bad; however, that does not mean that he should be welcomed back to the dolphins. yea that sucks, and hopefully he gets better and gets his life straight. but why does he have to play for us again?

there is no need for this distraction. it can only hurt the rebuilding process that saban is supposedly trying to install. so let's say ricky decides to quit on us again. sure, we will be more prepared for it next time, and it shouldn't hurt us as much. but he quits on us again, and our organization looks like a bunch of jackasses, and all of the unnecessary distractions will follow this team again. imo, it is definitely not worth it. team chemistry is very underated. i have seen plenty of teams that are stacked with great players, but can't go anywhere because they aren't a true TEAM, or don't have the chemistry!

finsfan4life said:
And shame on you for trying to make a joke by talking about someone who could "light one up" on the field. :shakeno: Another one of those guys who think Ricky quit to smoke weed. :shakeno:

ricky said himself that he quit because he did not like the drug testing policy, and that he didn't think smoking marijuana was bad (a.k.a., he quit to smoke weed)!

SpurzN703 said:
Ricky on weed makes a better story for people to be into, so the media cashed in on it. We'll never know what the behind the scenes were like with Ricky, and that's a good thing. Time to move on

exactly, time to move on. so let's move on past this ricky issue, and leave him far in our past!

LarryFinFan said:
I may not fully understand RWs illness, but as a business person, I'd find it very hard to bring this guy back...I don't dislike RW. I don't even know him personally, but I still would find it hard to trust the guy now or in the future whether what caused him to spazz out was an illness, too much weed, or stomach gas....The fact is that the man is unreliable.

All that said, IF he returns (if all the IFs are worked out), I don't see him being anywhere near the player he once was. He developed his "football body" over a period of years, and now has to rebuild it...It won't happen this year for him..Not the gaining back of weight, most any athlete can do that...Gaining back his playing stamina, muscle mass, back to taking the pounding in practice and in games....I just don't see him being very effective for us...

that's exactly the word i was thinking of -- unreliable. regardless of what his problems are, or why he left this team, he is UNRELIABLE!

ryancall32 said:
ricky said himself that he quit because he did not like the drug testing policy, and that he didn't think smoking marijuana was bad (a.k.a., he quit to smoke weed)!

I'm not going to get into this argument again but, I don't think there's any way that any normal person gives up millions of dollars because they want to smoke. The drug policy is the same yet Ricky is back and surprisingly (or not so surprisingly) he doesn't smoke weed any more.

finsfan4life said:
I'm not going to get into this argument again but, I don't think there's any way that any normal person gives up millions of dollars because they want to smoke. The drug policy is the same yet Ricky is back and surprisingly (or not so surprisingly) he doesn't smoke weed any more.

and why do you think ricky is coming back? because he owes us a $hitload of money!

he basically said he quit to continue his drug use. he also said he quit because he no longer had the "passion" for football. well, after numerous failed attempts to avoid repaying the $8.6 million back (through courts, arbitrators) he is now running out of options. now that he still owes us this money, he all of a sudden has the "passion" to play football again (to settle his debt maybe?). this guy and his situation are a complete joke. people need to stop finding reasons to take a loser like this back to our beloved dolphins!

finsfan4life said:

I don't think he quit to go smoke weed at all. I know for a fact that he quit because he got tested for it, and got caught three times by the NFL.

Either you made that dumba## comparison as a joke, or the drawers at home are full of dull knives. Or maybe your just that smart that you knew it would be a huge thread, full of your full of its.....because there were plenty.

Ozzy said:
I don't think he quit to go smoke weed at all. I know for a fact that he quit because he got tested for it, and got caught three times by the NFL.

Either you made that dumba## comparison as a joke, or the drawers at home are full of dull knives. Or maybe your just that smart that you knew it would be a huge thread, full of your full of its.....because there were plenty.

Still talking tough guy. The bottom line is you saw the title comparing Ricky and Bruschi and you let your heart, and not your brain do the talking for you. Your little mind thought, "oh my gosh I can't believe this guy is sticking up for a guy who quit on us, and to make it worse, he's comparing him to a guy who had a stroke and may HAVE to sit out." If you would have thought with your brain (I know that may be hard for you) you would have realized that both Ricky and Bruschi had to sit out for for different but similar reasons. You tell me a rational person you know that would do what Ricky did. He has more problems than drugs.

Bruschi's problems weren't similar to Ricky's in that they were physical. He still has the love for football, (more love than Ricky will ever have) but his body may force him to sit out for a period against his wishes. The bottom line is both of these guys should or should have taken care of their issues before thinking about the game of football.

finsfan4life said:
Still talking tough guy. The bottom line is you saw the title comparing Ricky and Bruschi and you let your heart, and not your brain do the talking for you. Your little mind thought, "oh my gosh I can't believe this guy is sticking up for a guy who quit on us, and to make it worse, he's comparing him to a guy who had a stroke and may HAVE to sit out." If you would have thought with your brain (I know that may be hard for you) you would have realized that both Ricky and Bruschi had to sit out for for different but similar reasons. You tell me a rational person you know that would do what Ricky did. He has more problems than drugs.

Bruschi's problems weren't similar to Ricky's in that they were physical. He still has the love for football, (more love than Ricky will ever have) but his body may force him to sit out for a period against his wishes. The bottom line is both of these guys should or should have taken care of their issues before thinking about the game of football.

Bwaaaa haaa haa haa :roflmao:

Well, that settles it! The drawers definitely have dull knives in them.

My heart never played a role in that stupid comparison. As you know from all the lambasting you took in that thread, that I am not alone in my thinking either. So I guess there are just a bunch of dumb folk here ayyy?

The bottom line is that you thought with your mind on that thread. I can't believe you had the nerve, to not only say that Ted was quiting on his team, but even more so, that you even mentioned that thread again.

Save the tough guy stuff. This is the internet, and I never once threatened you, you silly rabbit.

I see a lot of mood and anxiety disorders at my job where i work with the homeless..., when people who are ill stop taking their meds it doesn't take long for a person to begin manifesting true signs of illness.

A number of these people use drugs such as weed and crack rather than drugs such as paxil.

Back
Top Bottom