A clinical take on Ricky.... really! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A clinical take on Ricky.... really!

finsfan4life said:
Still talking tough guy. The bottom line is you saw the title comparing Ricky and Bruschi and you let your heart, and not your brain do the talking for you. Your little mind thought, "oh my gosh I can't believe this guy is sticking up for a guy who quit on us, and to make it worse, he's comparing him to a guy who had a stroke and may HAVE to sit out." If you would have thought with your brain (I know that may be hard for you) you would have realized that both Ricky and Bruschi had to sit out for for different but similar reasons. You tell me a rational person you know that would do what Ricky did. He has more problems than drugs.

Bruschi's problems weren't similar to Ricky's in that they were physical. He still has the love for football, (more love than Ricky will ever have) but his body may force him to sit out for a period against his wishes. The bottom line is both of these guys should or should have taken care of their issues before thinking about the game of football.

exactly! he has a $hitload of problems. so why take a loser like this back?!

Ozzy said:
Bwaaaa haaa haa haa :roflmao:

The bottom line is that you thought with your mind on that thread. I can't believe you had the nerve, to not only say that Ted was quiting on his team, but even more so, that you even mentioned that thread again.

Save the tough guy stuff. This is the internet, and I never once threatened you, you silly rabbit.

Bwaaa haaa haa haa :rolleyes:

Look I can't help it if you and a few message board posters have a problem with the word quit. It remains to be seen what will happen with Bruschi but, imo he should quit and not risk his health to play the game he loves. There are more important things in life than football and a person's health is one of them. Quitting is not always a bad thing.

No you never once threatened me but you did say stupid things that would get you slapped in real life. That's not trying to be a tough guy that's telling the truth. A lot of people, yourself included, have a tendency to say stuff online that they'd never say to a person in real life, i.e. save the insults for someone who's face to face with you.

You'd have to be crazy to run for Wanny...the guy relies so much on his RB that it isn't even funny...That's why he sucked as a coach...

Do you guys remember what he did to Lamar Smith in the playoff game vs the Colts?? He ran Lamar until his legs came off. We played the Raiders the following week only to have Lamar Smith still recovering...How did Wanny expect to win that way??

Ricky had to be insane to keep running for this guy, not only was it a physical effect, but a mental one as well.

finsfan4life said:
Bwaaa haaa haa haa :rolleyes:

Look I can't help it if you and a few message board posters have a problem with the word quit. It remains to be seen what will happen with Bruschi but, imo he should quit and not risk his health to play the game he loves. There are more important things in life than football and a person's health is one of them. Quitting is not always a bad thing.

No you never once threatened me but you did say stupid things that would get you slapped in real life. That's not trying to be a tough guy that's telling the truth. A lot of people, yourself included, have a tendency to say stuff online that they'd never say to a person in real life, i.e. save the insults for someone who's face to face with you.

Brutha, you got me messed up with someone else. I gaurantee you that if you would have said that comparison to me, my response would have been worse in person. Seriously!!

Your the one with the tendencies here, ie your quote in bold.

I know that I can take care of myself though, so no big deal.

Surferosa said:
I agree with ya. While I feel for Ricky's suffering, I personally dont believe that his past/present anxiety is a reasonable excuse for his behavior. Sure Ricky suffers from Anxiety, which is a very real condition that I am quite familiar with. However, he never suffered from Amnesia - he is completely aware of his condition as well as his actions, and did NOTHING to address the situation.

Its one thing to suffer from a disorder. Its another thing to fail to take accountability for your actions. Unless “taking accountability†is part of Ricky's anxiety (and I dont think it is since he openly discussed his disorder in the past and sought treatment), then his behavior over the last year cannot be excused because of his condition. If people want to forgive him, fine. But I dont believe that he can hide behind the anxiety excuse every time he effs up his life. He knows all too well the effects of the condition and has done nothing (to our knowledge) to keep the disorder under control over the last year.

Had he quit the team while undergoing therapy and taking his medication, it would make more sense to blame his failure to fully cope with his Disorder. But that didnt seem to be the case. For what its worth, I hope hes dealing with it now.

Exactly what I was going to say. Well spoken.

finsfan4life said:
And shame on you for trying to make a joke by talking about someone who could "light one up" on the field. :shakeno: Another one of those guys who think Ricky quit to smoke weed. :shakeno:

Hahaha wait, did you not read the quotes by Ricky when he retired? Smoking weed was most certainly AT LEAST one reason why he quit. He said he hated going through all the drug tests and that weed was better for him than taking Paxil.

Predaphin said:
You'd have to be crazy to run for Wanny...the guy relies so much on his RB that it isn't even funny...That's why he sucked as a coach...

Do you guys remember what he did to Lamar Smith in the playoff game vs the Colts?? He ran Lamar until his legs came off. We played the Raiders the following week only to have Lamar Smith still recovering...How did Wanny expect to win that way??

Ricky had to be insane to keep running for this guy, not only was it a physical effect, but a mental one as well.

Ok. So I suppose that guys like Tim Bowens and Larry Chester should've quit too because they were forced to take on blockers, endure cut blocks and chop blocks, leg whipping, kicking, biting, all that nasty sh*t that happens on the field for DT's in the trenches..........all because Wanny made them. And those guys are in there for far more plays than Ricky ever sees in a ball game.

What's really funny is you made the Lamar comparison, yet how did Wanny use Lamar the next game vs. the Raiders? Brace yourself.........a WHOPPING 8 carries. Hmmmmm, so Wanny likes to run guys into the ground, no compassion or intelligence whatsoever right? Furthermore, what else was Wanny supposed to do in that Colts game? Lamar was the ONLY thing working!

What Ricky was doing was part of the game. Not having quality backups was surely Wanny and Co.'s faults, but as previously pointed out, Ricky didn't have to retire. He could've held out. Lord knows we had no other offensive options so Wanny rode his one trick pony. What else was the man supposed to do? Ironically, most of you all were LOVIN' it and didn't speak a word while it was going on.

enigmatics said:
Ok. So I suppose that guys like Tim Bowens and Larry Chester should've quit too because they were forced to take on blockers, endure cut blocks and chop blocks, leg whipping, kicking, biting, all that nasty sh*t that happens on the field for DT's in the trenches..........all because Wanny made them. And those guys are in there for far more plays than Ricky ever sees in a ball game.
You are comparing apples to oranges here...How are you going to compare a DT position to a RB position??? When you play Defense, you are the hitter, when you play offnse you're going to take a beating.....

What's really funny is you made the Lamar comparison, yet how did Wanny use Lamar the next game vs. the Raiders? Brace yourself.........a WHOPPING 8 carries. Hmmmmm, so Wanny likes to run guys into the ground, no compassion or intelligence whatsoever right? Furthermore, what else was Wanny supposed to do in that Colts game? Lamar was the ONLY thing working!

If you think about it, he only had 8 carries because Lamar was still recovering...Wanny had so much confident in starting Fiedler, though it's funny how he never seem to use him proprerly...It was only a matter of time before he called no Pass plays with Ricky carrying all the load.

Predaphin said:
You are comparing apples to oranges here...How are you going to compare a DT position to a RB position??? When you play Defense, you are the hitter, when you play offnse you're going to take a beating.....

Actually I'm not. Playing a position in the tenches is the ugliest part of the game. Do you honestly think just because you're the tackler, you're not getting hit? What is it you think the power running game does to defenders? Getting pancaked? Fingers mangled? Knees cut out? Ricky at least has blockers trying to pave ways for him. Defenders take players head on and TRUST ME it's not like it's a soft thing to try and take down a 240lbs battering ram RB or FB. As an offensive player you also have the opportunity to slide or run out of bounds. Defenders don't do that, again they HAVE to hit. Go read the stories about retired defensive lineman. What the brutal game did to them. It's online with those Earl Campbell stories and then some.

Predaphin said:
If you think about it, he only had 8 carries because Lamar was still recovering...Wanny had so much confident in starting Fiedler, though it's funny how he never seem to use him proprerly...It was only a matter of time before he called no Pass plays with Ricky carrying all the load.

But that's what I'm saying. You pass Wanny off as this ignorant @ss coach just trying to beat his players to death in the name of a win, yet he obviously had some compassion to barely play Lamar, even though Lamar showed up to play. You still haven't addressed the situation in "what else was Wanny supposed to do?" Both Ricky and Lamar were the only things working in Miami. It was Wanny's doing it got to that point, but you don't just stop going with your bread and butter. That's the game they play. They have to do what they do best.

Predaphin said:

From Dennis Dillon, writer for FOXSports.com.........

Imagine walking down a crowded New York sidewalk and colliding head-on with someone heading in the other direction. While the two of you try to disengage, another guy sideswipes you. Then, someone else shoves you from the other side. These other pedestrians are big, strong and wear heavy body padding, and the jostling continues block after block after block.

Now you know how it feels to be a 3-4 nose tackle in the NFL. Sort of.

"To play that position, you really have to be a stud," says the Raiders' Ted Washington, 36, who is playing nose tackle for the 14th season and with his sixth team. "You get pounded on every play."

"You've got to be a bad *** to play there, no question," says Ravens defensive line coach Rex Ryan.

Nose tackle is a down-and-dirty position -- the most physically demanding in football. It comprises lots of exertion, body trauma and grunt work but no glamour and little recognition. It requires you to sacrifice your body so your teammates can make the tackles and capture the glory.

read the rest HERE............nuff said.

Back
Top Bottom